PDA

View Full Version : Chit Chat....CHATTER...

SewnByBee
June 16th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Lot's of chatter around here lately..... These three did plenty of chattering , once they got a little food in them. I had to share these little guy'S story.......short but sweet......will last for ever and ever.

My uncle had a pet raccoon when I was a kid, always loved the memories of playing with Bandit, he was beautiful, sweet and of course, not so ordinary of a pet.

I'd never seen a little one before.Tthese, are maybe three weeks old , or so. The mamma, was found dead, ....... just happened to notice these babies, over behind her, Only because,my guys hears one babies, CHATTER.

They have been placed with a rescue and release organisation, thankfully...... Im a bit tired now, but happy to have had this little chattering experience.......

So Sweet.....

131979 131980 131981

Have a blessed evening everyone,everywhere !!!!

MayinJerset
June 16th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Cute baby raccoons, glad you were able to save them and get them to the rescue center.

Hulamoon
June 16th, 2016, 10:02 PM
We had a pet raccoon when I was little. He was so fun until he started biting. We let him go in the forest. I have an album full of antics. His name was Snoopy.

SewnByBee
June 16th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Cute baby raccoons, glad you were able to save them and get them to the rescue center.

Thanks May.....me too......finding a proper place was a real scary adventure, within itself. Not always safe. ....FIY.

SewnByBee
June 16th, 2016, 10:16 PM
We had a pet raccoon when I was little. He was so fun until he started biting. We let him go in the forest. I have an album full of antics. His name was Snoopy.

That's cool.
They say, if their not fixed,
it will creates aggression problems, that could be why , he started biting...... or.....my cousin'S begin roughhousing with Bandit,
my uncle, got rid of him 'cause he said that raccoon would show them what rough really looked like......
So true.....

stationarymom
June 17th, 2016, 02:23 AM
How neat that you could save the babies.I'm glad you found someone to take them.

SewnByBee
June 17th, 2016, 02:35 AM
How neat that you could save the babies.I'm glad you found someone to take them.

Me too, Joan. I was worried for a little bit there. After all, they are just babies......now my sleep hrs. are all messed up......lol.
They we're relly sweet.........and the one..... just ...chaaaaattterrrrred , every time , I'd started to feed them.....waaaaayyyyy, to cute.♡

It's kinda lonely tonight, without them.....shy....!

Bubby
June 17th, 2016, 08:51 AM
They sure are adorable.....aren't you blessed to have them for a while to get them on their feet. We have a LOT of them around here and they're so much fun to watch.

WendyI
June 17th, 2016, 12:08 PM
I absolutely ADORE raccoons!!!! Especially the wee ones. I "rescued" one on a roadway a few years ago. Sadly, there are so many orphaned here that the rescues get filled up within weeks and have no room. I read up a LOT about keeping it and sadly they really do NOT make good pets. Amazing when they are little and the cutest thing on the planet honestly! Their wee hands are so sweet! And they are so cuddly. But when they mature they are incredibly destructive and can't really be kept in the house...and it is illegal here anyway to keep them as pets. So, sadly, I had to take him to the Humane Society where he was then euthanized. I cried for two solid days before taking him I felt so terrible....I wanted to keep him so bad! If I had lived in the country I would have!

Cool Breeze Quilter
June 17th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Aaaww, they are so cute. I'm happy that one of your guys discovered these little cuties. Happy to that they are in good hands now and will be released into the wild when they are ready.

Many years ago we had a little family of raccoons that would show up at the slider door during the night. We had cats back then and they would go to the slider and fuss loudly at the raccoons. One of the raccoons was a baby and so cute. At the time there was someone who wanted to kill these raccoons so we contacted a friend with a have heart trap. He trapped them and brought them to a more wooded and less populated area.

easyquilts
June 17th, 2016, 02:21 PM
So glad you found the little guys. They are so cute.... My DD did the same with several baby squirrels last year... Thank goodness for Rescues,.,