PDA

View Full Version : Super Sunny Thursday

peggiep
June 16th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Morning Everyone
Since Monique is away and probably on her way to the Quilt Show in Toronto, thought I would start the thread on her behalf this morning.
As "Mr Rogers" used to say, Its a beautiful day in the neighbourhood. Sun is bright and the birds are singing.

Had a lovely day yesterday when all my female neighbours (5 of us on a very country road) got together for "Happy Hour". This was a weekly thing when we were all working, but since we retired, it seems we're way too busy and now only manage about once a month. Go figure. Had a great time catching up and hearing about all their activities (non-quilters).

I was a little concerned that my indoor/outdoor cat - King Tut - had run off yesterday since he was no where to be found at his usual feeding time, but he came home while I was watching the baseball game last night, safe and sound. I always worry about him being out after dark because of the wildlife around here.

Prayers and blessing to those in need today. Hope everyone has a wonderful day doing something fun.

Lyndaj
June 16th, 2016, 09:00 AM
It's very bright and sunny here today. I'm off to Quilt Canada and will meet Monique and I think Grandma Nan (sorry, can't remember).

I've become quite disenchanted with quilting as of late, and I feel like I'm dragging myself there, however, I don't recall Quilt Canada being this close before (I'm 30 minutes away). I am sure it will be great and hopefully I will get reinvigorated.

Have a great day everyone.

ceiliam
June 16th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Peggiep, glad your cat came home, we so worry about our babies. Got one more block done on splendid sampler, and bags for days for girls. Now on to 2 wedding quilts and 1 baby quilt. I so enjoy these special events, however was not given much notice, so rushing to get them done.
I also need to take my sweet mom in today to have her car serviced.
I am retired and seem to have less time now then when I was working.
Seems like last little while have been so stressed over a hard situation in my life,but all things will work out.
Starting to get lite out time to get dressed and take the dog out.
Hope all have a great and wonderful day. cecelia

Bubby
June 16th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Morning Everyone,

Thanks for starting our morning thread, Peggie. I was going to but had to log off due to the lightning.

I'm retired, too, and seem to have less time now than when I was working. Maybe because I'm less organized now....lol! I would love to be at the Grand Re-Opening at M* today. I hope they have a fabulous time.

We're getting rain showers and the humidity here is off the charts. I put some rugs out to dry but have doubts it will happen. I've been putting off housework all week and have to get busy today.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.....

Jean Sewing Machine
June 16th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Good morning! Wish I was up in Canada right now attending that quilt show with Nan and Monique! With my daughter moving to NY right across the River from Canada, I got to visit wit Nan and Vicky back in March, it was an easy drive to visit! Hope to do it again some day in the future! Have fun at the quilt show!

I am actively involved in the community theatre community in and around the St. Louis area. You all probably know that I make as many costumes for shows as I make quilts or bags. Well, one of our very well known ladies in the theatre scene is very ill. She had breast cancer 13 years ago. She was cast as Annie in "Annie Get Your Gun" when she was diagnosed. She begged my friend the director not to recast her, and despite taking chemo and radiation, she did the show, not missing rehearsal or anything during that time. Later, she had a double mastectomy and reconstruction. She to this day states that being able to perform in that show helped her get through the medical treatments. All has been well for her until last summer. She sings in our Muny Opera theatre, does a Patsy Cline cover act ( I got to make her costume!) and is a back up singer for one of St. Louis's most well known Elvis impersonator ( he is REALLY GOOD!). Last summer she started to have coughing bouts while singing, and in continued investigations, she found out she has stage 4 lung cancer, metastitized from the breast cancer. On Monday, our St. L theatre community is having a fund raising event to help with her medical expenses. It will be a wonderful event with a silent auction and cabaret. Anna had Wonder Woman tattooed on her hip after she endured her first bout with cancer, and she uses the Wonder Woman image as her avatar on FB. So I am making a wallet out of Wonder Woman fabrics for the silent auction, plus one out of St. Louis Cardinals fabric. Those should bring a nice amount! And please keep Anna in your prayers as she goes through this next bout to "knock Out Cancer!"

Downstairs now to work on my projects! House needs cleaning, but I'll do that this afternoon!

Have a great day!

quiltingtrish
June 16th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Happy Thursday everyone. I wish I were with Monique or even out in Missouri for the celebration but not meant to be. I will have to live through others as they post the fun they will have.

Seems cloudy here - supposed to get pop up thunderstorms and downpours tonight - still have to go to Dad's. Gives me a chance to get some inside work accomplished for him. I hope to pop outside to see what those poor tomato plants look like and if they haven't perked up, I will get him some new ones for Sunday.
I did get some more cleaning done yesterday. I had to move some unused items out of my china closet to make room for some of my Longaberger pottery items (2 pitchers, a crock, and a teapot) but at least they won't get the dust and grime on them in there. Then I decided that I need to pull out all the stuff in the microwave cabinet and all the casserole dishes in the other cupboards and pull out what we don't use to put in for a yard sale. Guess I will do that tomorrow. With son #2 moving into a new house on Saturday, I am hoping him and his girlfriend will want some of it. If not, out it goes. She loves yardsales and wants to hold one - I hope in August - I also just hope I can fit everything in my car to take down there to sell.

I got my order from Missouri Star yesterday - a beautiful, colorful layer cake called Magic Colors by Wilmington. I am putting them with a layer cake from Patrick Loose. I am going to lay them out and just sew them all together for a colorful quilt for our bed. I bought them both when they were a Daily Deal and that's just right up my ally.

Have a great day everyone.
Jean - just seeing your post. I will keep Anna in my prayers. She sure has been through a lot and sounds like a wonderful lady.

MayinJerset
June 16th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Big quilt doings for some of our pals with the quilt show and M* re-opening - we know they all will have a great time.

Jean, touching story about Anna, hope Knock Out Cancer fundraiser brings in lots of $$'s to help her out. I'm sure your Wonder Woman and Cardinals wallets will bring in Big Bucks.

Trish, Your garage sale items are adding up, when you're finished at home you could give me a hand clearing out our big antique hutch that is filled with items from travels and family mementos and photos.

Birds have been chirping outside for quite awhile, wonder what's up? Cloudy so maybe they are excited about the prospect of some much needed rain. Got to get out back today and check my flower pots and cut some beautiful pink roses that are just beginning to open. Somehow I never cut the rose bush back in the spring and now it's very spindly but it has more buds than it ever had before.

Off for another cup of coffee so everyone have a good day.

WendyI
June 16th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Morning all. It's sunny here also and nice and cool which I absolutely love. Had a good bout of rain yesterday which freshened everything up so it's lovely out and everything is in bloom! It's times like these when I really miss my gardens. Ahhh well.

I've been in a bit of a funk lately...I need to get my meds decreased I think. I've also been feeling quite ill after I eat, so I'm starting to cut things out of my diet to see if that helps. Dairy being number one. They say you crave what you shouldn't have and I CRAVE milk...can literally drink a bag or more a day...easily. But lately when I do I feel so very ill. I haven't had any milk for two days and am already noticing a difference so I hope that's all it is. My medication also makes me incredibly thirsty so lots of water for me, which isn't really a bad thing! I have also been very lethargic and have no inspiration or creativity in me lately at all and I think that is also the meds. So going to see my doc next week and get them reduced.

I wish I could have gone to the quilt show...it's only an hour away from me too! But I am trying to save for my vacation and I KNOW I would spend a tonne if I went there! lol Hope Monique and Gma Nan are having a blast! Jean the next time you're near Niagara Falls let me know! Also only an hour away!

Well should try and get some work done!! Hugs and love to all in need! xox

Dollyquilts
June 16th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Good morning! Wish I was up in Canada right now attending that quilt show with Nan and Monique! With my daughter moving to NY right across the River from Canada, I got to visit wit Nan and Vicky back in March, it was an easy drive to visit! Hope to do it again some day in the future! Have fun at the quilt show!

I am actively involved in the community theatre community in and around the St. Louis area. You all probably know that I make as many costumes for shows as I make quilts or bags. Well, one of our very well known ladies in the theatre scene is very ill. She had breast cancer 13 years ago. She was cast as Annie in "Annie Get Your Gun" when she was diagnosed. She begged my friend the director not to recast her, and despite taking chemo and radiation, she did the show, not missing rehearsal or anything during that time. Later, she had a double mastectomy and reconstruction. She to this day states that being able to perform in that show helped her get through the medical treatments. All has been well for her until last summer. She sings in our Muny Opera theatre, does a Patsy Cline cover act ( I got to make her costume!) and is a back up singer for one of St. Louis's most well known Elvis impersonator ( he is REALLY GOOD!). Last summer she started to have coughing bouts while singing, and in continued investigations, she found out she has stage 4 lung cancer, metastitized from the breast cancer. On Monday, our St. L theatre community is having a fund raising event to help with her medical expenses. It will be a wonderful event with a silent auction and cabaret. Anna had Wonder Woman tattooed on her hip after she endured her first bout with cancer, and she uses the Wonder Woman image as her avatar on FB. So I am making a wallet out of Wonder Woman fabrics for the silent auction, plus one out of St. Louis Cardinals fabric. Those should bring a nice amount! And please keep Anna in your prayers as she goes through this next bout to "knock Out Cancer!"

Downstairs now to work on my projects! House needs cleaning, but I'll do that this afternoon!

Have a great day!

Jean, do you have an address where we can contribute to Anna's medical fund? She sounds like a very determined and strong woman.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 16th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Jean, do you have an address where we can contribute to Anna's medical fund? She sounds like a very determined and strong woman.

http://www.gofundme.com/annablair. Here is the Go Fund Me account they set up! Thank you so much for your care and concern!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 16th, 2016, 03:35 PM
An addendum to my wallet building for the auction for Anna. The very last thing I had to do was install the lock. Guess what I did? Cut the hole for the twist part wrong and the flap is 1/2" cattywumpus to one side! I marked, but misread my mark. Back to the drawing boards on this one! ARRRRRRG!

SewnByBee
June 16th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Not so much, of a morning HELLO !!!!! I have been unusually just....
WHAT a CRAZY week......First off , Baby Racoons, then , yesterday's Big Storms, took out our power most of the afternoon untill sometime in the early in the morning hours.

The past few day's, CONSUMED by , three, ( 3 ), BABY raccoon'S. The momma was dead, the babies, we're very weak. I didn't know if they would survive....... but I do believe, they'll make it. We found a place, a rescue and release, that will further care for them. I am soooo thankful, to found the right resources to help care for them....Only some state's are permitted to have them......I'm. Shocked,
to learn how hard it is to save a little raccoons life...... Sad face.

LUCY, ETHEL, & FRED....lol......( very funny little guys )
are off to a good start.

Look here, how sweet.

131971 131972 131973

Now the hard part......missing my babies, chitter charter..........
Maybe, I'll see them again, one day soon.

Sorry, to hear about your friend Jean.....prayers, being said.

I'll try to catch up on everyone's doings....

Hope all is well......for yall, prey for me...3 day's 3 babies =....
I'm ......pooooooooppppped out.