PDA

View Full Version : First it was Sunday, then Monday, now Tuesday - OH MY!

Blondie
December 6th, 2011, 08:16 AM

Yep, that's me. Chilling out with my favorite folks, sipping my coffee and contemplating my day. It's raining, WARM (what's up with that?), Gracie is on my lap, Christmas lights are on with happy glittering.

So, today. Hmmm. I have a DISH tech coming out to check out my dvr. I have a definite problem with downloading Blockbuster. What stinks is that if it is the dvr unit, I will lose what I have recorded to watch later with hubs. Wah, wah, wah. Still, it's just tv. I can always find something groovy. Just wish I could save all the Whitechapel from BBCA. I will have to give DISH some profs for sending someone out so quickly.

My DD informed me last night that she and BF are taking the man and I to see Trans Siberian Orchestra this month in the city. I have a feeling it is going to be fantastic. Hubby and I adore TSO. We actually listen to them all year long. (what would you expect of the santa man?) I may have to actually dress up to go. I understand that folks really dude out for this event. Good grief.

Nothing else to say right here right now except to Have a Wonderful Day. Don't forget to "pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and Smile, kid, SMILE!"

KiltedQuilter
December 6th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Blondie that happened to my mother's saved stuff when her machine went wonky, she wasn't best pleased when all her programmes went *poof* either!

Still white here and bitterly cold, so I think me and the bubs are staying right where we are.
Nice to look out on the snowy hills but not so nice trying to walk in it. I remember last year when I was heavily pregnant it snowed(a lot, for us anyways) I had to take the older boy to get boots for the snow, took us(me, holding us up) ages to walk down to the shops, something which normally takes about 10 minutes. Joy.

Hubby will be in late tonight, working in retail this time of the year is no fun at all, feel like I have barely seen him. WHat with the baby up so much during the night(for some reason he's taken to waking up every 2-3 hours again) and him up at 6am and back at 8pm, I sleep in the baby's room to try to give him some proper rest when he gets to bed. Roll on January so I can spend a bit more time with him!

Going to try to catch up with my sleep when the baby goes for his naps today as I am pooped. Might manage some crocheting but probably not.

Have a fun day everyone!:D

MRoy
December 6th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Good morning! Blondie, you'll be gorgeous when you dress up for your big event. KQ, bless you and your little one. I hope you both get some good rest today. It sounds like he and I may be on the same sleep schedule.
Wishing everyone a great day!

Monique
December 6th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Good morning you two. Blondie that sucks about your pvr. I am sure you and LL COULD FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO besides watch tv!!! Oh my, did I just say that!! LOL!! My signature is not mine and I don't know who wrote it, so I cannot take credit for it.

KiltedQuilter, try and get rest the same time he gets his rest. It is not easy sometimes when you are trying to do things on your own. This will get better. Hang in there.

Today is Tuesday huh. I have a doctor's appointment this morning. This is my usual 6 month checkup. Tonight we are going to see Bob Seger. Should be a good concert. Haven't been to one in long time.

Yesterday, I made a charm pack tote and when I was all done, my handles are not just right AGAIN! I am having difficulty with those dang handles. Any suggestions anyone. I still have a couple more to make.

I don't know what time hubby got up but it was before 5. His coughing woke me up and then the sound of the jeep starting woke me up again. I ran downstairs to make sure he hadn't forgotten his lunch and saw that he had drunk the coffee from the pre-set machine and lunch was gone. Then I could not get back to sleep. Ugggg, will have to have a nap this afternoon.

Rained all day yesterday and now today we have snow on the ground. This weather just can't make up its mind.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone. Stay safe and warm and happy quilting.

Shannon
December 6th, 2011, 09:42 AM
One of the great things about this board is that no matter how early I get up (3:30 a.m. today) I always have company. You guys make me feel good knowing that I'm not the only one that does some of the weird stuff I do. Did that make sense or is it to early?

Have a good Tuesday everyone :)

Beakkmom
December 6th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Good Mornng Quilting Friends! Blondie, TSO concert sounds spectacular, what a fun Christmasy evening you will have! KQ, I hope you and baby get caught up on sleep ~ one of my all-time favorite memories tho, is resting my cheek on a down head when my babies were waking during the night. I'm going to drive to work today, it snowed and is COLD and windy today, in the teens!! brrrrrrr!

Blessdings ladies!

Lin

Loonwatcher
December 6th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Blondie - enjoy TSO. I love them. Sounds great.

KQ - get your rest whenever you can. It's important to take care of yourself too.

Monique - I love Seger too. Enjoy the concert.

Rainy here. I'm expecting a call from a friend that today is the day to go decorate the ambulance building. Should be fun in the rain - NOT! Our community has a lighting contest. We won a couple times when they first started but now no one has the energy or time to really get into it. And they don't give you much time between when the announce the theme and do the judging (this Friday night).

Everyone have a great day,

Sandy Navas
December 6th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Shannon is in Washington and got up WAY before me. What's with that? I'm sending her sleeping pills. Sounds like Myrna, Monique and KQ all need some, too. DH has recently started taking a nighttime sleep aid and it sure relieves me. He isn't getting up at 2 a.m. and crawling back in bed at 5 and waking me up. Me? I could sleep down by the train tracks when the freight shipments are coming in . . . usually. I have been known to fall asleep standing up.

We had a Chinese gift exchange at the quilt guild last night. It was sure a lot of fun. My sister is crazy about snowmen and 'took' a large one from someone . . . then she and I got the giggles when she told me she was going to name him "Hank Snow" . . . and we even giggled more when a few asked who "Hank Snow" was . . . guess that dated us. We do giggle and cause a whole lot of disturbance when we are together. Ironically I got a piece of fabric (used as the wrapping for several other pieces) that had bright red cardinals on it. Someone took it away from me though . . . brought home six half-yards of coordinated fabric to make placemats - pattern included. Gorgeous Christmas fabrics, too. That will have to go on next year's project list.

I got my second DGDs portfolio about 3/4 of the way finished yesterday. I'm going to head downstairs shortly and hope to get it put all the way together before I have to pick up the Munchkins for their sewing date with Nana. As usual, when I wing a project, the next one is always better. I'm hoping that I have good progress with the next three so I have time to redo the first one with the changes I have made (experience is a great teacher). If not, I'll redo it after Christmas. I have plans to do a quilted dresser top for DD - have a jelly roll that matches the quilt that I made for her last year. Other than that and the kids portfolios I think I am done with Christmas giving except for cookies.

Now that I have bored you I'll wind up with giving my prayers to those in need, hugs to those who need a soft shoulder, and warm wishes for all my quilty friends!

stitching woman
December 6th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Sounds like everyone is up and have their day planned. Me I am going to get a haircut today and do a little last minute shopping. Have a birthday party for a seven year old this weekend need to pick up a present. Got my hubs quilt top done and and working on a lap quilt for a friend, need to get them both quilted by Christmas. Why do I take on another project this near Christmas?

Prayers to those in need and hugs to the rest of you.

kziggy
December 6th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Good Morning! I hope you all had a good Monday! Mine was well ok just a crazy day its week four of this new lady working at my job and well she is still asking the same questions she asked at day one. Well then I am sitting here watching my DD who is two eating a powdered doughnut and drinking water out of a coffee cup or her big girl cup as she puts it! I was up last night playing on my machine.I am putting prairie points on my wall hanging. I am taking my time a little afraid of messing it up. My day today is going to require me working on refunds all day today at work which means lots and lots of numbers and lots of little lines to look at. The joy of people over paying their bill or insurance companies paying to much. I know it happens they do over pay sometimes. My DD is still sick took her to the doctor last week they said it was just a cold but wow....

I do have to give you an update on the weather here because I have been waiting to say this ITS FINALLY SNOWING!!!!! I like the snow I hate the cold! I hope all of you Lovely Ladies have a wonderful day!

Bubby
December 6th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Everyone....

What an incredible morning....it's snowing big beautiful flakes. I had to put my boots on and take a walk in the woods with Molly. Now it's time for a cup of tea and toast.

I will finish a rag quilt today for my friend Erica who has been battling cancer for several years now. Although her last scan and tests looked good, she is still really suffering. Please remember her in your prayers. DH is doing great with his CPAP machine and I'm even getting some sleep! Thank the Lord on both accounts!

Sandy, I wish I had been at your guild meeting last night....I love those sort of things! Thanks to DH our water heater is repaired and working like a champ. There's something sexy about a man who can fix everything!!!

KQ, hang in there with your little one. These are the days that are too soon gone.

I'll pop back in later today unless we lose our power. The lines are heavy with icicles already. Hugs, Barb

KiltedQuilter
December 6th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Thought I'd nip back on for 5 minutes, baby is asleep and the older one in from school. Now all I need is hubby back, it's getting very snowy out there! Watching the flakes fall is lovely when you're all at home.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, and Barb I totally agree days go SO quickly, I can hardly believe he is this big already! :(

oldgurl4
December 6th, 2011, 01:34 PM
On the 6th Day of X-Mas my True Love gave to Meeeee...“6 Geese-a-Laying”
I liked yesterday's.... "FIVE"….. GOLDEN RINGSsssss!
Hee-hee.

Morning EVERYONE ..... made it before Luch Time!

I’ve been having Withdrawls for the past two weeks.
No I’m not Sick but my Computer Was!

Puter has been DOWN since Thanksgiving Weekend.
Ever since that 502 Error started here....Remember?!?!?
Had to take it to the GEEK GUYS to remove the Nasty Malware it cought.
I guess We are not the Only ones catching VIRUSES this Winter.

Yeahhh Right!..... What’s Up with the WARM Weather?

Oh! ~Blondie~ Enjoy the Concert. Send us some Pics. That is sewww sweet of her to treat you all this way.
I've heard of them on the radio and satellite radio all the time but never knew
their name was "Trans Siberian Orchestra"
Throws you off a bit with the Siberian in it. Hee-hee

Well I have LOTS to Catch Up!.....

This must Be the Time of the Year for the Home Technicians...

I Too have the Sear Appliance Tech coming Over(HE's LATE!!!)My washer and dryer are sick Too!
Got Sooo Much Laundry to do today....Oye!!
Not Looking Forward to it.
I guess I'll bake something while waiting between loads.

Nice to hear all of you doing Well.

Ohhh ~Sandy~ I Finally found the Ruler Holder thinggy... It was hiding in BIG LOTS All this Time!...LOL

TTYL

bakermom
December 6th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I spent yesterday after noon sewing soft toys for GS's Christmas. Today i want to make a little purse/tote for GD. She's two and loves to "put things in and take things out". I want to put bangle bracelets, etc. in it for her for Christmas. I also want to make some kind of photobook thats just hers. she loves to look at her parents albums so I thought she should have a little one of her own that would hold up to her handling.

HandsOffItsMine
December 6th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Ahhh, the first day after 28 days of DF and SM! It's so nice and quiet, no more playing tour quide, walking on eggshells with his moods. Time to get ready for the holidays. :)

After we dropped them off at the airport yesterday, went to look at embroidery machines...Viking and Bernina...Topaz 30 in the front as it has the larger embroidery area. $2695 without negotiating it down yet.

Today we're going to see the Janome 11000 SE over the phone price new $5995...Ruby is choking as she types! Not likely to be in the budget, but have watched so many videos with that model in actual. I must see it. DH keeps saying he can by a classic car fixer upper for that price, invest another $2000 in parts, invest sweat equity in cleaning/painting and flip it for $20K plus...can any of my machines do that for me. MEN!

Everyone enjoy the day, prayers for all, naps for those who slept crappy, quilts for those who are cold!

Love, Ruby

janluna
December 6th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone, Emily's newest blood work came back. It's not good. She may have a cancer of some sort, probably Leukemia. All her numbers are way down. They have scheduled another bone marrow biopsy for next week. Her platelet count is so low that she can no longer play her soccer which upset her as she loves it. However if she gets hit, bumped, or hit on the head she could bleed internally and she doesn't need that. And no more rough housing with Dad, for the same reason. So she tweaked him on his nose and said "nah, nah, you can't get me!" At least she has a good outlook. The rest of us are worried sick. We won't know anything for sure till next week. They will discuss starting chemo then.
Prayers for all of those who need them are going up. I know you are praying for my Emily.
I'm working on a tumbler quilt for my SIL. Trying to keep busy so I don't think too much.
Hugs, Jan L.

toggpine
December 6th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Tuesday is a HAPPY DAY here! I got word that Em is covered for another year with her medical grant! Yea! Happy Happy! Joy Joy! That answers my Christmas wish.

I am off to go sew on something.

You all have a great day!
Cath

toggpine
December 6th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Oh Jan, I am so sorry to hear that.
We'll keep her in our hearts and our prayers. A big hug for you too.
Cath

twnkeyes
December 6th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Afternoon everyone! Blondie, you'll absolutely LOVE TSO. You certainly won't dose off!

Step son and daughter in law are going back to Scotland today after a 3 week visit here. I'll be glad to have my house back and no one underfoot but we all have had a good time.

Next week we're off for an extended family vacation in Colorado. I saw that it's 1 degree in Boulder this morning and we're going north of there!!! Get the wooly's out! We have parent's kids, in-laws and out-laws going, it'll be a blast!

Gotta run now, a million things to do before next Wednesday. Everyone have a GREAT day!

lilmouse
December 7th, 2011, 03:21 AM
prayers going out for Emily; even tho here it is technically Wednesday already..(where does the time go)....enjoying reading all the chit chat...everyone have a good day today (Wednesday)..enjoy your families and your chores...get them done for time for more sewing....sometimes you just have to make the time...for me it is therapy for when I am having an "UGLY" day..time in sewing studio seems to erase that...something like "Calgon, take me away"...hmmm..I think I just dated myself...have fun ladies

janluna
December 7th, 2011, 11:38 PM
How about Moda take me away!