PDA

View Full Version : "Never 10" - How to keep from auto download of Windows 10

JCY
June 14th, 2016, 07:38 PM
When we recently were discussing the aggressiveness of Microsoft & Windows 10 in another thread here, someone mentioned downloading "Never 10". I went to our senior center computer open lab today & worked 1:1 with a coach. He already had downloaded "Never 10" on a flash drive. He installed it for me on my laptop in <5 min. Hopefully I'm home free on this problem now. Yeah! For those who already have Windows 10 & don't like it, or got a download they didn't authorize, I understand it can be uninstalled.

I also got some help with Outlook's new format & a few other things. We also downloaded from a flash drive the video we've been putting together of DH's pics, in preparation for his funeral service. Hopefully, that won't be needed for a long time yet. He's definitely getting weaker. Every day he says he doesn't know how much longer he can keep on going. Only the good Lord knows.

shirleyknot
June 14th, 2016, 08:11 PM
That was me. I got it from my tech guru. :D

grammaterry
June 14th, 2016, 08:12 PM
I hope you and DH have all the time you need together. I pray for all of us.

mario1360
June 14th, 2016, 08:38 PM
once Microsoft as so nastily invaded your privacy you have 30 days to revert to your previous IOS.
I planned it this way, I asked for the upgrade before going to bed.
Once I got up the next morning I grabbed a pot of coffee , two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and went back to Win7.
Tada....

I will pray for your husband JCY. May you both find serenity.

seaturtle
June 14th, 2016, 10:29 PM
I use a Mac laptop but the office computer is a Win 7 PC. It tried the download when I wasn't looking, but when it got to the "do you accept the terms", I just said no and I think it went away. Good to know about the Never 10.

I'm glad your project is moving along and I will pray for you and your husband.

carolynrae
June 15th, 2016, 02:30 AM
JCY, praying for you and your husband during this difficult time.