PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, a sunny day.

Monique
June 14th, 2016, 07:26 AM
It is FINALLY going to start to warm up around here. Mother Nature has been in menopause lately.

I got the call yesterday for my surgery date, August 3. They wanted me to go next week. Nope can't do that, I have weeks of work lined up already.

I have my final day of work today. Tomorrow I travel to see Nancy and then the big quilt show and then off to see the kids. I am so looking forward to having a few days to myself (without hubby) but don't tell him that. LOL!!

So today I will pack and get ready to leave early in the morning.

Have a great day friends.

I saw this on Facebook this morning and wanted to share.

"No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life. Someone somewhere else is fighting to survive."

Patsquilting
June 14th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Good Morning: OH, how true that saying is. Today is going to be another hot day. They are saying possible record breaker. Still painting and cleaning and fixing in new house. Taking a while and sewing machine is still packed away. Look out once it is out of it out of it's packaging. In the meantime - have been making lots of EPP hexagons. Just going to put them all together and make a scrap quilt - thinking of doing a table runner for my buffet table. We shall see. At least I feel like I'm doing something even though it is slow going. I'm getting my fabric fix by at least touching and sewing these little hexi's.

Have a fantastic day all. Stay cool, stay safe

peggiep
June 14th, 2016, 07:49 AM
Happy Tuesday Everyone!
It certainly looks like a beautiful day...even the animals seem to know. The cows and horses from across the road are frolicking in the field and the birds are singing. Maybe summer is close.
Today is "Finishing Day" for me I have a few projects started, including a quilt for my granddaughter that was supposed to be for her birthday in Feb, but since I didn't finish it on time, is still sitting unfinished.
Hope everyone has a great day..enjoy!

Ginny B
June 14th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Good morning everyone. Happy Tuesday. Monday was a pretty easy day for me at work. Working on a project that has been needing my attention for quite some time. In the end, there will be a lot less paper in the file cabinet and back up scans all done for the paperwork that needs keeping. (we have to follow a 7-year destruction timeline).

Last night was spent straightening up and cleaning in a number of areas of the house where there may or may not be work done today. We have a number of light switches that have stopped working, a ceiling fan that needs to be taken down and new chain pull installed and a loose faucet that needs a new part. The contractor is going to try and fit us in today between two other jobs he has this week.

So now this morning I have a bit of time to spend in my sewing studio before work so that's where I am headed. Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone.

songbird857
June 14th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Good morning all,
It definitely has been cooler than normal here for the past few days. Really windy too!
The spare room is almost done, carpet just needs to be finished tonight (already laid out). Then we can button that room up and get all the extra stuff out of my sewing room so I can get back in there!! Yay!
My kitchen, however, currently has a dresser and bookcase and various 5 gallon paint buckets..... guess what I'm doing today - moving stuff around ;)
I hope everyone has a great day today...

Bubby
June 14th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Morning Everyone,

You all are so busy today. I just made two pillowcases for our huggie pillows we sleep with (travel size). I used the leftover backing from the quilt Reggie has right now.

I'm doing laundry and changing our bed. I would like to get the borders sewn onto the Half Hexie quilt so it will be ready to take to Reggie when she calls me to pick up the other one. I'm pondering what to make for Christmas gifts this year.

Life is good....Hugs all around.

MayinJerset
June 14th, 2016, 09:49 AM
DH and I slept pretty good last night but both woke up with stiff legs and joints. Too nice a day to be feeling this bad, maybe after our coffee and some Advil we'll loosen up a bit and get our old bodies moving to do something constructive like vacuum the bedroom and wash some clothes.

Really would like to spend my time sewing the baby quilt I finally laid out to my liking. I had bought a cute charm pack and yardage a few years ago and have been using it for little quilts for my last 3 great grandkids. It's been a stretch to use the leftovers for a quilt for newest grandbaby expected this month but with the addition of some polka dot charms it worked out OK for either a boy or girl. All 5 of our great grandkids have been boys but if #6 turns out to be a girl I have a pink, blue and white top all ready to be quilted.

Waiting to hear from DS#3 if he and kids will be traveling down here this weekend for Father's Day. I used to do a family Father's Day BBQ every year but it's just too much for me now. DS#2 is arranging dinner at local restaurant this year, should be no problem for DS#1 attend but we need to know #3's plans before making reservations. Most likely everyone will come back here afterwards for tea and cake.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 14th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Good morning! Hot one here today! We've had some pop up thunder showers the past two days, but besides watering the flowers, they just made the humidity level go higher! Good day to hide out in the nice cool basement playing with my machines!

Have a great day!

Monique, I'm a bit jealous that you and Nan are getting together for the quilt show without me! Need to sell my money sucking rental house before I can buy more plane tickets up your way! But, have a great time together!

quiltingtrish
June 14th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Good morning everyone! It is a beautiful day here too - I could sit out there all day if I allowed it but unfortunately I think I will be working in a warehouse helping DH restack and count door frames. Fun.
In the meantime, yesterday I spent most of the morning help cut up a boat which DH bought for $100 about 10 years ago. It was in pretty bad shape with holes everywhere and ended up collecting leaves. Finally he decided to get rid of it. Surprisingly it all fit in the truck for scrap and he only had to pay $45. to get rid of it. The trailer went to a neighbor who is thrilled to get it.
Then I started pulling stuff down from those shelves that go over top the kitchen cupboards. Ick. My kitchen table is covered with half of what I didn't get washed yesterday. I intend to either use the items (like the beautiful Longaberger canister set) or out they go into the yard sale pile. I do know the 3 huge containers we have filled with seashells are going outside in the seashell area we made around the bottom of a tree. It is pretty. A birdfeeder is sitting in the middle of it and when the seed drops into the shells, the birds flock around them and peck into the shells - fun to watch them.
After the warehouse work is done for the day I am visiting my sister to spend some time with her for her 60th birthday. Can't believe we are in this age bracket.
Better get the day started. Have a great day everyone!!

auntiemern
June 14th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Up and at em for me today. Going to doc to have my foot (feet) looked at...then to the medical rental place to get me a knee walker and quite possibly a lightweight wheel chair for the week end. (I may have to hire a cutie in Hamilton to push me around, lol. I think my girl can do it if we have to. Other than that not much happening around here...can't get much done when ya can't walk.
SIL and niece stopped by yesterday, and we had a nice visit. Oldest GD came back with Pa after Bubby's ball game....she needed time away from her mom. (understandable)....well out of here for a while. Hugs and blessings to all...prayers for those in need.

toggpine
June 14th, 2016, 12:04 PM
I need to work on that tote bag. Maybe I'll feel more inspired today than I did yesterday. It's not tough, just not feeling motivated to zip it out.
Actually, I'd just like to sit on the couch and veg out. Apparently parents get the end-of-the-school-year blahs too. Just a couple more days.
I hope you all have a great day. I'm going to go see if another cup of coffee will help put some pep in my step. (My guess is it will just make me have more trips to the bathroom!)
Hugs, Cathy

toggpine
June 14th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Anyone else have to re-log in in the last 24 hours? I'm also noticing that the "like" is missing at the edges of the posts.
Maybe it's just me and my iPad.

LynneLeavell
June 14th, 2016, 12:16 PM
I would love to have some cooler weather. My Ideal temperature range is during the day Hi 70 to 80's would love with no humidity but that isn't going to happen. At night I would love hi 50's to 60's. I love to sleep with my windows open. The only time I can do that is early Spring and late fall. We are going to be in the mid 90's today.

I am so excited that I can now get back to some serious sewing and quilting. So I am looking forward to my nights now. I have been so busy with Eastern Star this past year (June 2015 to June 2016) all of that ended this past weekend.

Everyone have a great day. Stay Cool where needed and hope it warms up where needed. Prayers and hugs to everyone.

songbird857
June 14th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Anyone else have to re-log in in the last 24 hours? I'm also noticing that the "like" is missing at the edges of the posts.
Maybe it's just me and my iPad.
I noticed the absence of 'like' here too... and I'm on a laptop.

SewnByBee
June 14th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Yea, I had some kind of issue getting on this morning. ....and I see no likes buttons neither.

Marilyn, get you a transport wheelchair, they have four small wheels and are much lighter to get in and out of the car.

I got to spend the day with Reese yesterday ♡♡♡ he's such a sweet baby.
I'll be doing laundry and some phone calls today. Try to straighten up this house......Ive got to donate, some more stuff. It's a process. Seems like a never ending task.

Hope you all have a super nice day.

Navy Wife
June 14th, 2016, 01:41 PM
It is already hot in east TN. I'm trying to get the bathroom back together. We had a new floor put in, and I have stuff all over. Plus the stuff out of the RV! I'm drowning in Stuff! Why do we accumulate so much? I'm in a throw it away mood, and I hope it lasts for a month or so!

KarenC
June 14th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Beautiful day here in Tahoe. Tomorrow it is back to reality and I travel home to Texas where I think it is in the 90s. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

peggiep
June 14th, 2016, 07:06 PM
I noticed the "like" button is missing and I'm on a laptop too. Also, when I went to email to link back to the site, I got a "page not found" message.

Hope all is avck to normal tomorrow!

Chat then

auntiemern
June 14th, 2016, 11:52 PM
That is what i ended up getting..The knee walker wasn't working at all for me, and the transport chair is slight enough for her to handle with me. I can scoot some in that one by myself. The regular wheel chair was just going to be to heavy for either one of us to handle, and I still can't walk on my left foot at all...and the right one is getting sore too...I just wanna go and have a good time....even if i have to sit on the patio a lot.