PDA

View Full Version : Monday morning hellos

Monique
June 13th, 2016, 07:21 AM
Good morning friends. I have had a very busy weekend. I was at my neighbour's graduation party on Friday. I worked Saturday morning and then off to the quilt show. I didn't buy much. While waiting for me, hubby bought a treadle sewing machine for $10. He just wanted the cabinet. He got the top stripped Saturday night and it now sits in the living room. I have no idea if the machine works or not. Then we went out for lunch and ended up at a quilt store. hahaha No tax day it was. I bought some fusible fleece, two row by row pins and a fabric license plate. Sunday was spent at an auction sale. I didn't buy anything. There was a motorcycle club in town (Next door to us) for their annual swap meet, so Les wanted to be away for the day. I just wanted to be home. And now today I have to work. It is a short week, just today and tomorrow. And then I am off to Nancy's on Wednesday. Going to the BIG quilt show in Toronto on Thursday. And from there off to Trenton on Friday to visit with Phil and the girls.

OH OH OH BIG NEWS!! Greg called last night to announce his engagement to Ashley. I TRULY hope this works out for him. I was very surprised and taken off guard. He has been telling me that he had no plans to remarry at all. I just pray that it all works out for him.

SO today I am still tired but looking forward to being away for a few days.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
June 13th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Morning Monique and Everyone to come along,

We had a slow weekend of working at home. Saturday we cleaned carpet and did lots of yard work. Yesterday we recuperated from all that work and I did a lot of cooking. I made chicken salad for our lunch and it was good: Diced white chicken meat, celery, one small Granny Smith apple, chopped pecans, dried cranberries, red and green grape halves and just enough mayo to bind it together. There's enough left over for my lunch today.

We had a severe storm after dinner last night and as a result we have loads of branches to pick up and burn. We are still dealing with millipedes.

I have to make myself go food shopping today. It's the last thing I want to do.

Monique, you really had a busy weekend again.

songbird857
June 13th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Morning all :)
We spent the weekend painting the spare bedroom. The carpet is ripped up now, and today I will clean the baseboards and moldings; as well as lightly sanding the hollow core closet doors so we can refinish those. The room already looks so much better with a fresh coat of paint on the walls and ceiling! So, I'll be off to the hardware store in a bit to pick up a few needed items - CIAO :)

auntiemern
June 13th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Morning all. Been up for a while since I spent all evening in bed after I got home from the hospital. These are by far the worst blisters I have ever had anywhere...and these are on the bottom of my foot, making it impossible to walk. Antibiotics, pain meds, and unfortunately, prednisone...yes some of you know what that does to me. Still planning of being in Hamilton Thursday though for the Grand Re-Opening festivities. My be in a wheel chair...but I WILL be there.
so for the next few days, I will be doing NOTHING...maybe try to do some hand work. Prayers for a speedy recovery welcomed. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
June 13th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Good morning to all, some days I do not write in the forum made last week was very busy for me, because on Sunday I had a family party at home and was making arrangements as are my husband and I just have no problems using all house for my things but come my daughters and granddaughters, you have to keep some things to make room to play girls, but has already passed the party and was very funny, in the morning we were in acting end of course violin, they are studying two of my granddaughtersm after eating and evening played cards and other table games and 10 went to his house because even today to go to school and now is fix a bit of everything and save tableware and other things that are needed when there are 12 people at a table. For the rest I see that you had a busy week end. Auntiemern, sorry to hear their problems, I pray for you and hope you can go to Hamilton and fun. I hope you all had a good time and this week is very nice to everyone, greetings

ceiliam
June 13th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Ah May I am so sorry for what you are going thru. Prayers for speedy recovery big cyber hugs. Monique congrats.
Spent most of the weekend in Panguitch quilt walk. Had a great time, amazing teachers. I took a class on zircon crystals taught by Deon Stout then Friday took a class by Melissa Cory of Happy Quilting. Have been really wanted to take class from her such a upbeat positive teacher. I then had a pleasant surprise I got to meet a fellow forum member ,Walt, such a pleasant surprise, what a nice man . He had some beautiful fabric and made a beautiful block. Nice to meet you Walt. Then took a class from Bonnie Baily which was a technical class to help to make me a better quilter. I think it's nice to always improve and learn better ways to do things. Hope everyone has a great day.

quiltingtrish
June 13th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Oh Marilyn - your blisters sound awful. I hope you are up and moving around soon.

Put more garden plants in at Dad's yesterday and then wrote up some bills for him - got home at 1 AM and was up at 6 - really? I can see a nap later this afternoon.
I've been keeping up with my summer schedule - but no quilting yet. It looks like that way for the rest of June - today I am taking the stuff off the 2 shelves over the kitchen cupboards and washing away the dust. I would really like to not have anything up there so that means I need to find a different place for my Longaberger canisters set. I don't use them for the sugar, flour, etc - they are just there looking pretty. That's nuts. Spent Saturday washing curtains and windows. This week I hope to start painting Katie's room. She is talking about coming home for a few days over the 4th of July so might just wait until she comes and goes. I need to see what we have and go from there before I go buy more. If there is a color downstairs I can live with, so be it. Otherwise it's a 45 minute trip one way just to go get more. Once that's done, this computer along with the printers and office stuff gets moved from the living room to her old room. If I do decide to wait, I will hit the quilting room for the rest of this month.
Hope you all have a grand day!

MayinJerset
June 13th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Oh, Marilyn those blisters sound awful, sure hope they are better for your trip to Hamilton.

We didn't do much this weekend, some stuff around the house and DH puttered in his garage workshop while I arranged a new layout for a baby quilt and also a layout for 9 basket blocks from an old swap. I auditioned several fabrics to go with the baskets as I would like to turn them into a twin size quilt. Now all I have to do is get the sewing machine set up and get sewing.

Fridge and pantry are quite bare so we'll be food shopping this afternoon. I hate to food shop on the weekend so on Saturday I made a big dinner from what was in the freezer and fridge, Italian sausages with peppers and onions, zucchini casserole and salad. We ate half on Saturday and with DS#1 over on Sunday we polished off the leftovers.

mario1360
June 13th, 2016, 10:07 AM
good morning, sun is here at last, we had a cold and windy weekend, felt more like November than June....
Spent the weekend rearranging the den, purchaseds a table at Ikea, very happy with it, will post pictures...Prayers for those that are suffering....shingles are tempering down.....finally.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 13th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Good morning all! Quilt shows sound like fun, but Marilyn, your foot problem sounds awful! They just put new ramp sidewalks in Hamilton last month, so using a wheel chair doesn't sound like a bad idea at all! Hope you have a great time!

Well, my weekend was spent with plays and a wedding. Opening night of "Inherit The Wind" went great, all costumes looked good, actors were awesome! I rested up Friday, then Saturday I brought costumes to a different theatre venue for a rehearsal of a reprise number from "Nunsense" that was nominated for an award as Best Small Show at our local amateur theatre awards ceremony. When I was at that rehearsal, I found out our main actor from "Inherit The Wind" fell ill during the performance and had to be taken to the hospital, and the director had to step in to do the role! Some of the costume pieces were also at the hospital, so I had to recreate it for the Saturday evening show! Meanwhile, went to a lovely wedding that day at noon. I saw "Inherit a The a Wind" that night with our director playing the part and he was just terrific! He memorized all of Act One and out Act 2 on a legal pad ( he was playing a lawyer). It worked great!

Then on a Sunday, my nuns did their song and fabulously "Nunsense" was chosen as the Best Small Show! Our director won for best set design and one of our sisters also won for best supporting actress!

So that was my weekend! This week, I need to clean out my sewing room of remnants from our costume frenzy of the past few weeks. My daughter and son in law are coming next weekend, and my house needs a good cleaning!

Hope you all have a great day!

seaturtle
June 13th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Morning everyone,

This grandma is so glad VBS is over! I love the kids and the activities, but it is exhausting. My DGS will be going home some time today and then I will have my cleaning to do (I put off most of it from last week). I really hope to spend some time in my sewing room this week.

My son left this morning for a week hiking in the Rockies with about 30 other teens from the church. My DH got up at 3 AM to take him to the airport. I am anxiously waiting to get the text that they arrived safely. So this entire week will be just my DH and me. It's been 38 yrs. that we've been raising kids (there's 20 years difference between the oldest and the youngest) - I'm not sure how this will go. I told him last night that I'm not sure I can cook for 2 people!

Marilyn, praying for a quick recovery so you can enjoy Thursday at M*.

Have a great day everyone!

SewnByBee
June 13th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Hi all....
131844 lol......more coffee,to get me moving........
I am feeling some better, but still not going as fast as I would like.......this snail pace is so not easy to get use to.

Hope everyone has a great week. Be Blessed, Keep smiling.....:icon_wave:

Cathy F
June 13th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Hi all,
Very late getting to the party today! We were out for breakfast with our friends then started running errands when I finally got the chance to sit the day's half over.

Did get up to the sewing room for about an hour. I have an all day class Friday and wanted to get some of my things packed for it. Got all my sewing homework done so I 'm all set to go. I also started working on my orange peel quilt again. I really wasn't crazy about the process when I started it but got quite a few of the orange peels made today. Guess I 'm in a better frame of mind cause it didn't seem as bad as when I first started i.(Bubby, I see you laughing!)
Off to get some pasta salad with tuna made, quick dinner today. Hugs to all who are in need of a few extra today!