PDA

View Full Version : need iPad help.....

bubba
June 11th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Last night my iPad froze up. I can not do anything with the touch screen at all. I cannot turn it off because I am unable to slide the bar on the screen once it pops up. I am presently waiting for the battery to die in hopes that might reset it or something.

Any iPad gurus out there who might know how to fix this, or is a visit to the Apple Store in order?

K. McEuen
June 11th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Does it not have a little reset pinhole?

K. McEuen
June 11th, 2016, 03:52 PM
ok, found this on a website.

"1. Reboot the iPad

A simple reboot of the iPad is usually enough to cure the problem. This is a great way to flush the memory the iPad uses for active applications and an excellent way to shut down and apps that are causing problems. Don't worry, all of your data is save. To reboot the iPad, simply hold down the Sleep/Wake button at the top of the iPad and the round Home button at the bottom.

After you hold both down for a few seconds, the iPad will automatically power down. When the screen has gone dark for several seconds, power it back up by holding down the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds. An Apple logo will appear as it boots back up."

How to Fix: My iPad Is Frozen (http://ipad.about.com/od/iPad_Troubleshooting/a/How-To-Fix-My-iPad-Is-Frozen-Stuck-Freezes.htm)

bubba
June 11th, 2016, 04:27 PM
ok, found this on a website.

"1. Reboot the iPad

A simple reboot of the iPad is usually enough to cure the problem. This is a great way to flush the memory the iPad uses for active applications and an excellent way to shut down and apps that are causing problems. Don't worry, all of your data is save. To reboot the iPad, simply hold down the Sleep/Wake button at the top of the iPad and the round Home button at the bottom.

After you hold both down for a few seconds, the iPad will automatically power down. When the screen has gone dark for several seconds, power it back up by holding down the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds. An Apple logo will appear as it boots back up."

How to Fix: My iPad Is Frozen (http://ipad.about.com/od/iPad_Troubleshooting/a/How-To-Fix-My-iPad-Is-Frozen-Stuck-Freezes.htm)

Thank you oh wise and wonderful Karen!

easyquilts
June 11th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Last night my iPad froze up. I can not do anything with the touch screen at all. I cannot turn it off because I am unable to slide the bar on the screen once it pops up. I am presently waiting for the battery to die in hopes that might reset it or something.

Any iPad gurus out there who might know how to fix this, or is a visit to the Apple Store in order?

You need to reboot it... Hold down the side button on the screen, and the flat bar on the side at the same time. Hold the buttons down, until the screen goes blank... It will come back in in a little while... Don't worry if it takes longer than you think it should.. The iPad WILL come bavk I'm...

mamo69
June 11th, 2016, 10:46 PM
I LOVE my Apple Care! Great to work with when you have issues with iPad or phone, I never hesitate to call for help!

bubba
June 12th, 2016, 01:57 AM
All is well with my world. All I could think of was.....oh my goodness!!! All my purse patterns are on there!

Thank you again!

Pandabear
June 12th, 2016, 10:23 AM
All is well with my world. All I could think of was.....oh my goodness!!! All my purse patterns are on there!

Thank you again!

Do you back it up? I rarely use iCloud, but I do back it up to my computer.

K. McEuen
June 12th, 2016, 02:24 PM

Thank you again!

Check out Drop Box or ask MM about it. I have started using it and really like it a lot. I can access all.my patterns from phone, computer and tablet with that program.

bubba
June 12th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Check out Drop Box or ask MM about it. I have started using it and really like it a lot. I can access all.my patterns from phone, computer and tablet with that program.

I do have DropBox. MM does not know anything about Apple products, so he would be of no help to me!