PDA

View Full Version : Chilly Saturday

MayinJerset
June 11th, 2016, 09:23 AM
131786 So quiet on the forum this morning. Maybe everyone has headed over to M* to help Jenny celebrate her BDay.

Since we expected a dark and rainy day we were going to stay home and give the house a good cleaning but that may not won't happen as the sun is shining brightly. I was also going to give the fridge a cleaning out and prep some veggies for today and tomorrow's meals. Maybe we'll do it any way because it needs to be done. I think I'll find enough in the fridge to make up a nice veggie soup that will warm us up for lunch on this chilly day. Going to mix up a batter for low carb waffles and if it is good I'll make a few batches for now and some to freeze.

Ginny B
June 11th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Good morning May. A little chilly here this morning but nice and sunny. I think we may get rain later though.

My son was here all week and he got our garage all cleaned out and organized. He moved things around for me and took apart and got rid of some very old, rickety metal shelves. I've got boxes from the Brooklyn house to store out there and now there is plenty of room to do that and still be able to get to the workbench, dryer, extra fridge and garage pantry cabinet without tripping over anything. today I need to catch up on laundry, etc.

Have a great Saturday everyone

SuzyQue
June 11th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Hot and humid day here today. It's going to be a scorcher!

songbird857
June 11th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Morning May :)
Popping in for a minute - painting a ceiling and room is on the agenda today!!
Have a great day all...

peggiep
June 11th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Morning everyone!
It is quiet today on the forum...and yes, until a few minutes ago I was sleeping. I am always up with the birds, but this morning, it was gray and cloudy with a few showers so my eyes just stayed closed.
Today I am off to babysit the 3 granddaughters and hopefully get some hand sewing done. Teaching the oldest to quilt. She is 11 but has a short attention span. We'll see how that goes.
Meanwhile, have a great day everyone.

toggpine
June 11th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Good morning!
We have people coming over for a bbq today at 4. Still lots to do, but first up is coffee and then a trip down to the barn. This morning's cleaning chore involves a pitchfork and wheelbarrow, followed by a shower for me!

Here is to hoping that the 24% chance of rain detours around our place this afternoon!

Let's get out there and make it a great day! Don't forget to share a few of your best smiles with folks. It will change their day for sure!
Hugs, Cathy

JCY
June 11th, 2016, 10:48 AM
I usually get up at 5 a.m., but I've been awake since 4 o'clock. Too much on my mind. I've been working on the DVD of DH. That's in the capable hands of the person who's doing it. We met yest. for 2 hrs., rearranged some of the pics for a better sequence date-wise. I gave him the music, which he'll add, & put everything on a disc as well as a flash drive. Now I'm working on music from my library that will go on a disc for prelude/postlude music at his service. All of these things take so much time, but cannot be left to the last min. when there is a time crunch or the DVD/CD person is unavailable. (He's going to be out of town for 4 wks. after the 21st.) Not that I'm expecting the immed. demise of DH, but he's been in frail, declining health for a long time. He lost another lb. today, so now weighs 104 lb.! He's very weak. I've just been feeling the urgency to get this project done.

It's going to be a scorcher here today. On our thermometer, it was 100 deg. the past 2 days; it promises to be just as hot today. I need to make a run to Wal-Mart for a couple Rx's & a few items. Then the editing of the music will resume. My sewing project is on hold until I finish up this music project.

I hope everyone has a good week-end.

Sylvia H
June 11th, 2016, 11:20 AM
I am so enjoying this cooler weather after having run the A/C for almost two weeks! Today, I have to finish something I started yesterday.

Yesterday, I had a few errands to run. Pharmacy, grocery store and quilt shop. My sister had told me a LQS had this book: https://www.amazon.com/Get-Quilting-Angela-Cloe-Projects/dp/160705955X, and she thought I might want to get it to work on projects with Izzy. Since I have a 20% off coupon from that shop, that was a good deal.

I collect my things, cell phone, grocery list, coupon and wallet. I also needed to contact my son about something. I left him a voice message before leaving. When I got to the quilt shop (first on my errand list), I took out my phone to also text my son. (You know, sometimes they respond quicker to a text than a VM.) In the process of putting my phone back in my purse, I can't see my wallet. I search, and it isn't in there. I search the car, too, but the wallet isn't anywhere to be found. Bummer!

I go into the shop anyway, to see if they still have the book, and to peruse it to determine if I want to buy it. They did and I do. Fortunately, the owner knows me. As it was the only copy of the book, I asked her if she would hold it for me until today. The shop is about a 30 - 35 minute drive from my home, and I didn't want to have to come back the same day. She was happy to hold the book for me - and the yardage that I also decided to buy.

Since the grocery store and pharmacy are close to home, I was able to go back home, get that wallet (on the kitchen table right where I put it while I was arrange other things in my purse!), and do those errands. I think my mind is whirling around too much these days on too many thoughts at the same time - time to slow that down a bit.

I will also be continuing my quilting of Izzy's quilt, now named "The Cat and Snail Continuum". I am looking forward to finishing it for many reasons. One of them is that I have already missed two deadlines I set for myself. Another is that once this is done, I am going to try very hard not to put any more deadlines on my quilting. Since I have things I want to make for Christmas, I am going to start on them next, and will commit that anything not finished by Thanksgiving will just not get done for this year.

Angelia
June 11th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Cool sounds wonderful! I'm not a fan of this heat (not a fan, but I use one! :) ).

Bubby
June 11th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Cleaning carpet today.....long day of work. Have a good day everyone.

Cokie
June 11th, 2016, 06:29 PM
I woke up with a migraine today so I've been dozing off and on all day and have accomplished nothing. It's very hot and I've heard rumors of thunderstorms but haven't seen any indications so far. I hope to work on some tote bags tonight if the headache eases. Hope you all have a good weekend!

Navy Wife
June 11th, 2016, 06:44 PM
I wish it was cool here. We've had 2 beautiful days with highs in the 80 range, but today is 92. We spent our morning finishing the RV clean out. After 30 years of travel, we are giving up. DH is just not able to handle all the things that have to be done. Any one interested in a 2010 39 ft. motorhome? We are both disappointed, but knew at some point we would have to give up. Sons and wives came over this morning to help, so we got it all unloaded and cleaned. Now to decide what to keep and what to put away for a garage sale next fall. I am exhausted!

I hope to finish all the cleaning next week and get back to sewing. I have 4 quilts waiting for binding, and numerous others waiting to be cut or sewed. Seems like every time I get ready to sew, something else gets in the way!