PDA

View Full Version : Happy and tired

Swedish leo
June 10th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Graduation is completed!

We are all home again.

Here in Sweden it is a tradition that the student ride on a wagon pulled by a tractor and ride around in the city centrum and singing and shouting of joy . It is fun to watch.

Here are pictures of my girl

Bubby
June 10th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the pictures....your DD looks so happy.

songbird857
June 10th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Great pics, Annika!! Is this high school?

Midge
June 10th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Annika, what a lovely tradition! Congratulations to you and your daughter on her achievement. Does she plan to go to university or take other training?

Jean Sewing Machine
June 10th, 2016, 02:07 PM
That is awesome! Congratulations!

jjkaiser
June 10th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Part of what makes this Forum so fun. We get to peek into traditions from around the world. Your daughter is beautiful and look at her happy smile. Congratulations!

Swedish leo
June 10th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Great pics, Annika!! Is this high school?

No it is like collage. She will be looking for work now that she has finished schooling

Swedish leo
June 10th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Annika, what a lovely tradition! Congratulations to you and your daughter on her achievement. Does she plan to go to university or take other training?

She has finished school all together and are now looking for work. She has gone 9 years of mandatory school and then applied to this school. ( like collage) and now after 3 years she is done!

CraftyJnet
June 10th, 2016, 03:36 PM
She is lovely :)

quiltsRfun
June 10th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Congratulations on a job well done. What a lovely tradition.

Monique
June 10th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Annika you have a beautiful daughter. Congratulations to her and may she soon find employment.

MayinJerset
June 10th, 2016, 06:22 PM
131763Congrats to the Grad and may she be successful in finding the right job.

easyquilts
June 10th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Congratulations to your daughter! She looks so pretty and hsppy...

Grey Lady
June 10th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Congratulations! Your beautiful daughter looks so happy.

I hope you don't mind my asking, but I noticed the many ribbons your daughter was wearing. I think with flowers. Is there a tradition you could share with us?

Thanks and good luck to all the grads.

Diana

mario1360
June 10th, 2016, 09:18 PM
congratulations......

stationarymom
June 11th, 2016, 02:04 AM
Congratulations! and good luck with the job hunt.

snippet
June 11th, 2016, 04:58 AM
What a fun tradition! Congratulations to your daughter and to you as well!

Swedish leo
June 11th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Congratulations! Your beautiful daughter looks so happy.

I hope you don't mind my asking, but I noticed the many ribbons your daughter was wearing. I think with flowers. Is there a tradition you could share with us?

Thanks and good luck to all the grads.

Diana

Of course.

It is a tradition that when the student runs out ( as it is called ) all of the family is there with a big sign with pictures of the student as a small child. They get flowers tied with ribbons in our nation's color ( blue and yellow ) and ribbons with small stuffed animals and figure all marked with words or quotes ; like happy student, congrats to taking the examination. Hanged around their necks.

After all the congratulations and picture taking. then the students climb on the wagons ( decorated by the students with quotes and pictures, and lots of green bushes, pulled by the tractors for the victory ride thru the city center where all people stand around and cheers while the students cheer and sings and shouts on their wagons. After that it is up to every family on their own to celebrate their child's achievement. Most folks have a student receptions where the family eat good food and give the students presents to mark the transition to adulthood. And after that most of the students go out with friends and party all night long.

Thankfully my girl is not a party animal so she is home . We went out for a bite to eat and went home for the presents. After that she was so tired that she went to sleep by 18:00 clock that same day. She had stayed up all night before because she worried that she would oversleep. She started the student day at 06:00 with what is called champagne breakfast with her friend. She do not drink alcohol but wanted to be with her friends. So she was pretty tired by the end of the day.

All in all a perfect day and we all were a bit tired! But happy!

And I get to do this again in about 2 years when my youngest will have her students examinations.

Ginny B
June 11th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Congratulations to your beautiful daughter. It sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate a great accomplishment. Thanks for sharing this special day with us.

lots2do
June 12th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Congratulations! I loved reading about this tradition. Thanks for sharing it with us. What would she like to do for work?

Kat Smith
June 12th, 2016, 10:07 PM
Congratulations!!! A wonderful achievement, for sure. I was going to ask, as well, what would she like to do for employment?

Swedish leo
June 13th, 2016, 04:40 AM
Congratulations! I loved reading about this tradition. Thanks for sharing it with us. What would she like to do for work?

She is educated to be a horse manager. Not sure about the translation. She will be working with horses in some sort.