PDA

View Full Version : Hoot of the Summer Night Owls

kimsophia
June 10th, 2016, 02:15 AM
I hear some of you are having cool, wet weather but it's going to be a hot week in Iowa. How's everyone doing? I baked some banana muffins. Then I got started watching SNL sketches online. I'm watching the Bill Hader ones. I find him especially funny and he does a great Vincent Price imitation.

I did get some sewing done yesterday but I'm having a problem with my Ottlite. It won't light up next to my chair but it will in a kitchen socket...hoot your news! @,@

stationarymom
June 10th, 2016, 02:26 AM
Hoot Hoot Sounds like you better have that socket checked out and make sure the wiring is ok.
My DH had a traumatic day today,his tv died it's only 2 yrs old but there's no picture just sound.He wanted to know what I did to break his tv and I didn't touch it.We bought it at Best Buy and bought the 5 year warranty that they offered,so he called them and then the Geek Squad who said it is a light that they no longer make that is the problem.Now we have to wait up to 3 days while they make a decision on what to do,He doesn't know it yet but if they don't call before 5pm tomorrow we will be taking a trip to Best buy to talk to a manager before we get stuck all weekend without tv.

toggpine
June 10th, 2016, 03:23 AM
Yikes Joan! A man without his TV?!? That is dangerous ground there! I hope you get it fixed/replaced soon.

I've done it! I have all of the boxes out of the living room! They have been in that corner for 12.5 years and now there is an end table and a speaker tucked in there. We have a few more pieces of Grandpa's furniture in the shop I'd like to audition in here, but that can wait for another day.
While I was at it, I moved the rocking chair from Emily's room to the now empty corner of my room. After vacuuming her room, we moved her giant bean bag in there and put the shorter set of book shelves in her room too. Hopefully that will help with the stuff that has accumulated on her desk. We need to get a set of bed risers, or have Daddy cut some 4x4's to raise the height of her desk. With the chair cushion, she can't sit under the desk to work. Oops!
While everyone is sleeping, I am going to head into my sewing room and see if I can tidy up some stuff in there. The rest of the house is looking pretty good, but that room looks like a fabric bomb went off and debris flew everywhere! Now that the house is getting into shape, perhaps I can get some sewing knocked out and move some of this fabric out of my stash!
I hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods!
Happy Hooting!
Hugs, Cathy

MayinJerset
June 10th, 2016, 04:07 AM
Hoot, Hoot I'm up again tonight. Did get to Walmart today and picked up black and navy knit pants for everyday and a few household items. No actual sewing done but I've been playing with some multi colored kiddie charm squares to find a nice layout for a baby quilt. DGD M in CA just let me know they finally moved into their new house and now are preparing for the home birth of their 2nd child. Have some pink and white fabrics ready just in case it's a girl.

Oh Joan, Hope you get DH's TV going ASAP or it's going to be a looong weekend. Kim a banana muffin would be great right now. Great work Cathy, time to get your sewing room ship shape too. How come our stuff is the last to be taken care of? Going to browse around the forum to see what everyone has been up to and then back to bed.

Judy, USMC
June 10th, 2016, 05:06 AM
What an active group! Baking, planning shopping trips, furniture arranging and arranging blocks for a quilt. Puts my trip to Bath & Body Works to shame. Would like to know what brand vitamins y'all take ....

Been on the internet trying to make hotel reservations at a reasonable price. My colonoscopy is scheduled for Tuesday at the nearest VA hospital - 99 miles away. With all the prep that needs to be done beforehand I think it best to arrive on Monday and stay overnight. A 2-hour drive with limited bathroom facilities along the way is a bit too adventurous for me. ;-)

kimsophia
June 10th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Wow, Judy, that stinks that you have to go 99 miles to get to a VA hospital. :( Do you have to drink the gallon of GoLytely? :icon_bah: I hate that stuff!

I found two more monarch eggs this morning. I had one hatch last night so I have 5 eggs and 1 teeny caterpillar. I'm psyched!

bubba
June 10th, 2016, 02:46 PM
What an active group! Baking, planning shopping trips, furniture arranging and arranging blocks for a quilt. Puts my trip to Bath & Body Works to shame. Would like to know what brand vitamins y'all take ....

Been on the internet trying to make hotel reservations at a reasonable price. My colonoscopy is scheduled for Tuesday at the nearest VA hospital - 99 miles away. With all the prep that needs to be done beforehand I think it best to arrive on Monday and stay overnight. A 2-hour drive with limited bathroom facilities along the way is a bit too adventurous for me. ;-)

My girls swear by AirBnB! I have joined and looked, but have not rented because we have not gone on any trips, but in the future I will. It's like staying in a bed and breakfast, usually at a fraction of the cost! There are listings all over the place, so you might want to look into it.

LauraP
June 10th, 2016, 04:37 PM
or check and see if there is a Ronald McDonald house or it's equivalent. I know in Albuquerque there is one called Esperanza.

pcbatiks
June 10th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Wow, Judy, that stinks that you have to go 99 miles to get to a VA hospital. :( Do you have to drink the gallon of GoLytely? :icon_bah: I hate that stuff!

I found two more monarch eggs this morning. I had one hatch last night so I have 5 eggs and 1 teeny caterpillar. I'm psyched!

Hey Kim, very cool about the butterflys! Have you read The Butterfly's Daughter? It's a good book. It has the story of the monarchs migration to Mexico intertwined with novels story line.