PDA

View Full Version : hello from Luxembourg

mamaquilt
December 5th, 2011, 07:51 AM

Also it's not quilting I wanted to share part of my Christmas table decoration with you. I finished sewing those roses and I added some pearls out of my recuperation treasury box in their middle.
These roses will decorate the table along with some "diamands" I recuperated from a lamp I found on the dump.(is that the correct word for the trash????).
Tomorrow St. Nicolaus is coming and I have to prepare all the plates for the children. Although they're too old to believe in St. Nicolaus, they still come home on that day to receive their sweets etc.
It will be fun and I better get going instead of sitting in front of this machine.
Well have a nice day and many greetings from the Grand Duchy

Michèle

KiltedQuilter
December 5th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Hi Michèle, very nice table decorations! If I was nearer I would join the children tomorrow, I love sweets! :D

Blondie
December 5th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Good Morning Michele,
what a lovely table display. I also enjoy reading of other country traditions.
Have a wonderful rest of the day.
Blondie

Monique
December 5th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Good morning Michèle. Your decorations are beautiful. We use the word "recycle" here, but recuperation works too.

Bubby
December 5th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Good to hear from you! Your table looks gorgeous!! Happy Holidays!!!!!

Nena
December 8th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Very Pretty!!!

cyndiofthevortex
December 8th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Michele,

Thank you for sharing some of your Christmas traditions with us. Your table looks lovely.

Cyndi

ramisaj
December 9th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Looks great, I might still your idea :)

janluna
December 10th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Michele, you should do a tutorial on how to make roses. I would love that. They are so pretty. I had to laugh at your remark about the trash. My Mom loved checking out the garbage to see if there was anything of worth. My kids called it "Dumpster Diving". LOL She would bring home all sorts of things. Mostly old TVs and radios. Then she would fix them and give them to people who didn't have one. She found furniture and she would recover a couch or a chair. It was always fun to see what she used and remade. Hugs, Jan L.

rebeccas-sewing
December 10th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Michèle, thanks for sharing your decorations. I'm a firm believer in recycling and have had a number of experiences rescuing things from the trash. It really aggravates me to see some of the items people will just throw away. It's sheer laziness in my opinion. It's not that difficult to donate to the needy. If I think there's any chance someone can use something I don't want anymore I always donate it. Merry Christmas, Michèle.