PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, one day closer to Friday

Monique
June 9th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Good morning friends.

Driving Miss Dougie went well yesterday. I was glad to have the day off from work. It was a very uneventful day. I work today and back to driving Doug tomorrow to get his permanent license. I need to stop at Walmart as well.

I can't wait to be done work for a while or work where I can quilt.

Have a great day everyone.

peggiep
June 9th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Happy Thursday!
Today I get to go out for lunch with my bowling team...4 ladies I met in last September for the first time when I joined the Ladies Bowling League in my area. (I am a lousy bowler, but it gets me out of the house and provides a little exercise).

We don't share any common interests, but we enjoy getting to know each other better. I am looking forward to lunch and maybe a trip to the local fabric store to pick up a few supplies for my next project.

It is still quite cool here, but the promise for the weekend is better (and warmer) weather. Hope so, I'm running out of hoodies since I put most of them away for the summer.

Monique, I wish I was going to the Toronto Quilt Show. It sounds like such a good time. In the meantime, enjoy your day.

Bubby
June 9th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Morning Monique and Everyone,

Things here are fine but I have a busy day to orchestrate.

Bree texted me yesterday and seems to be getting her sense of humor back a little. Evidently being flown in the basket of a helicopter wasn't on her Bucket List. She hurts in a different place every hour as the deep bruising is emerging. She will find something creative to do while recuperating. Thank you in advance for your continued prayers for her.

We are still dealing with the millipede invasion and sweeping up about a half gallon of them every day. This is just part of our routine now.

Today I plan to sew. I'm not far from having the half-hexie top done. I bought a wide backing for it yesterday but I may put it on hold for quilting and start something fun. I have my eye on a crayon quilt for CASA. I think they will be my new charity to make quilts for.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

MRoy
June 9th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Ewww, Barb! I hate millipedes! I'm glad Bree is feeling better. Today I will finish cutting the grass. I mowed the main yard late yesterday so it won't take long. I'm gradually moving mowing day closer to the weekend...Thursday is the usual day in my neighborhood.

I will finish quilting a donation quilt today. I seem to be in a slump with quilting these days. I'm hoping we can empty the studio soon to put down laminate flooring and I don't want a big project on the frame. The flooring is stacked under my cutting table...waiting....waiting. LOL!

MayinJerset
June 9th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Never made it clothes shopping yesterday as a big rain storm arrived just before we planned to leave, my tall rose bush was really bending in the wind and I'm glad the stems didn't snap. Turned real cold after the storm, the other day it was 84 but yesterday it was 59. Knew there was some hidden reason why I never did get that big box of heavier clothes, I need them today.

Monique, Quilt show coming up for you and the gals, enjoy yourselves.

PeggieP, Enjoy your new bowling group - it's fun to be able to meet new and different people.

Although Barb's DGD Bree is hurting a lot she seems to have a good outlook and will survive her terrible accident.

Myrna, I've also been in a quilting slump, have the fabrics and tools ready but don't seem to be able to get started. Maybe it's because I need to make a quilt for my newest great grandchild and I'm awaiting its arrive - DGD is due this week. After 5 great grandsons I'm sort of hoping to be able to make a girlie one this time but if it's another boy I'll be very happy to make one for him.

Bubby
June 9th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Isn't it odd how many of us are doing the quilting slump thing at the same time. I'm going to make myself do some sewing today. My fabric store still has the sale going on. I may just make a flying trip there again today.

May, that's how our weather has been. I just took the flannel sheets off our bed Monday. Normally they come off the first week of April. The weather is crazy everywhere. It's nice that we need quilts for all seasons.

mario1360
June 9th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Good morning ladies, very cold snap here wow.....my impatiens have all shriveled up....yes Monique one day closer to Friday....355 days to retirement for me......have fun and enjoy the TO quilt show.....going to Ikea tomorrow to buy a new working table, the one I use is way too low.....everyone have a blessed day.

quiltingtrish
June 9th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Barb - how wonderful that you are going to make quilts for CASA. Just a thought - if you are ever out scouring thrift stores, check out their backpacks and large bags. A friend of mine was a CASA volunteer in Michigan and she said that their group was collecting those things so the kids would have something to put their stuff instead of a plastic or paper bag if they had to leave the home they were living in. I found a bunch here at my Goodwill for about $2.00 and up. I thought it was a wonderful idea. I even found brand new ones with tags on for under $5.00.

Cool here too but loving it. Think I will be in the garden at Dad's and maybe try to run the rototiller. Plants are ready and waiting to be planted and it's to be a gorgeous day.

Finished the bedroom yesterday. DH had moved the bed out for me and I cleaned off the top of every shelf and dresser in there, vacuumed and shampooed the carpet, washed the windows, and had everything washed and remade by 10 last night. So, today is a day outside in the garden to start growing yummy vegetables.

I hope everyone has a great day.

WendyI
June 9th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Morning all. Not feeling a 110% today for some reason. I stayed up way too late watching Jimmy Fallon's hashtags readings on YouTube so I'm really tired....and assume that's why I'm not feeling the greatest.

Still no sewing for me either. I need to gut my spare room and shampoo the carpets and THEN set up my sewing station so that's why...I'm the worlds worst procrastinator I swear! Tonight is groceries and some major house cleaning on the main floor. Then will pick away at the rest....which just never ends eh?

Well back to work I guess...need caffeeeeeeine!!!!xox

SewnByBee
June 9th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Glad to see everyone and all the to do's going on.
I have had a long streak of the " f-u-n-k " Barb. I have gotten my projects planning, prep, but I still have a few supplies, I'm adding. I found tutorials on making burp cloths......using some Terri cloth on the backs. I also found a quilting guide attachment and a few other neat visual aids to use on my Baby Elizabeth....... should help speed things a bit.

Hope to get a visit from K and baby Reese TODAY.....I miss them soooo much.

Here's some SWEET PICS to share.....Be Blessed Friends....

..........131708 .....131709

....131710 131711 2016....♡

JCY
June 9th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Another sunny day here; 90's are predicted. I had another productive day yest. I finished the FMQ on the baby quilt. It's ready to trim & bind, which I hope to finish today. I'm still working on music selection for DH's DVD. No more time to chat now.

Angelia
June 9th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Barb, the millipedes remind me of a place I used to live. In the spring, I would have to sweep up brown crickets every morning. I think the house must have been built on their mating ground! Buckets of them every day for a month or so--then they would disappear. Every year, I hoped they wouldn't come back, but no luck.

Will you be working for CASA? I remember you were hoping to.

Have a good day, everyone.

cv quilter
June 9th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Bee, your pics are wonderful. LOVE LOVE LOVE that adorable one with the tiny feet encased in Mom and Dad's "hearts".

SewnByBee
June 9th, 2016, 07:17 PM
Bee, your pics are wonderful. LOVE LOVE LOVE that adorable one with the tiny feet encased in Mom and Dad's "hearts".

☺ ...THANK YOU.....ME TOO !!!! 😉 💖 I've not seen that done before, and thought it was precious. So glad you liked it also.
They will let this photographer do some more pics soon, she done a real good job.