PDA

View Full Version : She's Married!

GuitarGramma
June 8th, 2016, 05:54 PM
On Saturday, my youngest daughter got married to a treasure of a fellow. Our entire family is just flying high with happiness. OK, I admit, we're also exhausted, but it's a joyful exhaustion. My home has been so full of house guests that we had to ask one person to sleep in our motor home each night.

My DD asked me to spearhead a signature quilt for the reception. I bought a number of charm packs from M* in her wedding colors. I then ironed the squares to freezer paper and sewed around the edges figuring everyone would realize not to write past the lines. Only one person wrote to the edge, so I count that as a successful plan.

Now I get to shop for some masculine fabric for the sashing, then sew everything together to make a quilt! I can't imagine a more satisfying project.

Monique
June 8th, 2016, 06:23 PM
How wonderful. Congratulations and I have no doubt you will enjoy some quiet time in the coming days. I look forward to seeing how that quilt turns out. It sounds fabulous.

Midge
June 8th, 2016, 07:12 PM
How lovely! Congratulations to all. Your quilt idea sounds terrific.

bhaggerty
June 8th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Congrats!!! Yay!!

seaturtle
June 8th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Congratulations! Glad to hear the squares worked out so well. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Remember to take some time to put your feet up - you've earned it!

stationarymom
June 9th, 2016, 02:07 AM
Congratulations!! Good luck making the perfect memory quilt for them.

peggiep
June 9th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Congratulations. I love it when a plan comes together. I would love to see the finished quilt. It sounds lovely.

Bubby
June 9th, 2016, 08:16 AM
I remember that Mother of the Bride kind of tired. I wish I had thought of making a wedding signature quilt. I hand quilted my DD and her husband a white-on-white whole cloth (king). I was hemming the binding the night before the wedding.

Enjoy your special quilt project. Congratulations to the Bride and Groom and your whole family.

Suzette
June 9th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Congrats all around! Sounds like it was a beautiful, happy day!

Iris Girl
June 9th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Congratulations! Can't wait to see how the quilt comes out!

SewnByBee
June 9th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Congrats.....on the growing family...... love the idea.... of a signature quilt.
Please share pics.......very special project indeed.

WendyI
June 9th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Where are the pics!? Congrats on a successful wedding. Sounds like it was lovely. Can't wait to see your finished quilt!

grammaterry
June 9th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Oh I remember the days of weddings. How ambitious you were to sew around all the edges.
On Saturday, my youngest daughter got married to a treasure of a fellow. Our entire family is just flying high with happiness. OK, I admit, we're also exhausted, but it's a joyful exhaustion. My home has been so full of house guests that we had to ask one person to sleep in our motor home each night.

My DD asked me to spearhead a signature quilt for the reception. I bought a number of charm packs from M* in her wedding colors. I then ironed the squares to freezer paper and sewed around the edges figuring everyone would realize not to write past the lines. Only one person wrote to the edge, so I count that as a successful plan.

Now I get to shop for some masculine fabric for the sashing, then sew everything together to make a quilt! I can't imagine a more satisfying project.

cv quilter
June 9th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Congratulations to all concerned. What a wonderful feeling to see your daughter marry a good man. Your signature quilt is a wonderful idea. Sew clever and would love to see a picture of it when completed.

GuitarGramma
June 9th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your good wishes. I'll post some pictures when I get them. I, personally, didn't take a single one!

kensington
June 9th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Was blessed when my girl got married. She asked me to do nothing. She said, "Mom you are the Mother of the Bride" sit back and enjoy it all being done by someone else. We shopped for gowns, flowers, and invitations together... I did design the cake. But, someone else made it and decorated that beast. LOL.

My house was full... but they took care of themselves. My kids know their way around here.

Be glad you have a camper... if I over flowed my space, they would have to sleep in the Hammock in the yard or the boat in the garage. LOL. A tent maybe?

I am excited for you... I get happy just reading about your family wedding. My son just got engaged and they are planning for a Wedding in November. They wanted to have it here... out by the pool in October... but decided to wait til November so his big brother will be home from Iraq. So they are looking for an indoor venue. The house will be FULL that week for sure!

I still need to plan a shop date with my Future Dil for a quilt she will love. Congratulations to you and your family on growing by way of Wedding!! Have wonderful holidays and times together. God Bless.

songbird857
June 10th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Congratulations!! I'd love to see the quilt when it is completed :)