PDA

View Full Version : Laughing at myself

Sylvia H
June 8th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Laughing at myself and wanted to share what just happened - I went upstairs to quilt a bit. As I am going up the stairs I hear it starting to rain. It was loud! I went to my bedroom and looked outside, but could not see the rain. Went into my sewing room, and could see the downpour, as the window faced a different direction, and the rain was actually hitting the window. Thought to myself, "I'm glad I am indoors and dry, and that JJ doesn't have to go outside." I sat down and started quilting, listening as the rain dwindled and then got strong again. And then, I remembered! ...... This rain, that was coming down hard, and hitting my sewing room window, was also hitting, and coming inside, the opened living room window! :icon_doh:

I took the time to stop in the bathroom and grab a towel before going downstairs to close the window and mop up the mess. Fortunately, nothing under that window. The carpet is a bit damp, but that should dry quickly. Still shaking my head about listening and looking at the rain and totally forgetting that the LR window was opened.

pcbatiks
June 8th, 2016, 01:02 PM
:D At least you were home when it started raining! I thought you were going to say that it was a sprinkler hitting the window. :D

bubba
June 8th, 2016, 01:23 PM
I thought you were going to tell us it was just the sprinkler!!

Midge
June 8th, 2016, 01:37 PM
One of those bizarre oopsie! moments I guess. It sounds like it could have been much worse though.

Iris Girl
June 8th, 2016, 05:01 PM
I thought you were going to say you remembered JJ was outside. Just one of those things . Glad no soaking on the inside.

quiltsRfun
June 8th, 2016, 07:28 PM
LOL - the important thing is that your sewing room window wasn't open.

cv quilter
June 8th, 2016, 07:40 PM
Oh, Sylvia, I had to laugh with you. I've had a similar situation. Two sliding patio doors and one front door in our home. Basically same situation, checked the lr patio door, and front door, no rain coming in. They are both under roofs. Never thought to check br sliding door because it's under a "roof", too. But I forgot that the br patio roof is not a solid roof, but a sun screen roof. Lesson learned, wet carpet, but no real damage. I love your story.

jjkaiser
June 8th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Hahaha! Good story. I did something similar last year, heard rain, ran all over the house shutting windows. Watching the downpour and feeling pretty smug about myself. Two hours later realized that my car was parked in the driveway with the windows wide open! Oops I totally missed those.