PDA

View Full Version : Great news and sad news........

Klasien
June 8th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Hi friends, I have some sad and some good news to share....... To start of with the sad news......Our 11,5 old black lab passed away last week in her sleep. She just died on us, she has not been sick for a day and we found her dead when we woke up. My heart is broken en I miss her so much it almost hurts. We have a brown lab as well and she is 8,5 years old, she is very sad and kept looking for her buddy for days in a row........

The great news is.........next spring I will fly out to St. Louis again to spend time with Jean!!!! We will be quilting my 365 challenge quilts and we will hang out and have fun. I can not tell you all how much I am looking forward to this trip. This is something that keeps me going on the 365 blocks. (Last week I did not sew at all because I could not get my mind to it, but I will pick it up this week)
We will be having so much fun again, Jean and I!! I feel blessed that I have met her a few years ago, we have become great friends!!!!

Here are some pictures, my dear dog Diva a week before she died, and my challenge so far!
Thanks for taking a look.
Have a great day everybody

Jean Sewing Machine
June 8th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Klasien, I am so sorry you lost your dear fur buddy. It is so hard to lose them and what a shock to have her pass away in her sleep! But I am looking forward so much to your visit, and I need to improve my quilting skills to quilt those beautiful quilt tops you are creating! Hope some of our local folks can set aside some time to visit with Klasien while she is here. March 27 to April 8?, 2017!

Bubby
June 8th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Klasien, I'm so sorry to hear you lost your Diva. It's so hard to lose a member of the family.

Your 365 quilt is just gorgeous! I hope I get to meet you next Spring when you are at Jean's. Hugs.....

Sandy Navas
June 8th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Sending hugs. Lost our little buddy a few months ago and the pain is still there. Hugs to you.
Keep a couple minutes free so we can meet again in the Spring.

Snip Snip
June 8th, 2016, 09:42 AM
So sad that you lost your furry kid, but how wonderful that she passed without a long painful illness. Nothing worse than having a beloved animal in pain and they can't tell you where it hurts.

asta
June 8th, 2016, 10:24 AM
So sorry for the loss of you beautiful black lab, labs are such loving dogs, you must miss her dearly.
Your challenge quilt is gorgeous, the colors are lovely.

quiltingtrish
June 8th, 2016, 10:39 AM
So sorry to hear about Diva. What a beautiful photo of her. It is so hard when they pass in their sleep but a blessing she didn't suffer from illness.
How wonderful you get to spend more time with Jean and hopefully others. You guys can have your own personal retreat! Love your quilt blocks too!

WendyI
June 8th, 2016, 10:43 AM
So sorry to hear of the loss of your furkid....Diva was a gorgeous lab and very true to the breed...I find labs today have much longer snouts than they should. Diva was sure a beautiful dog. Sending ((((HUGS)))) your way. xox

So exciting though to be visiting Jean!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

peggiep
June 8th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Sorry to hear about your lovely furbaby. I know how much you will miss her.

Your quilt blocks are absolutely beautiful. I love the colours and the pattern. Well done.

Wish I could join you in Missouri, but it is just too far for a day trip...:)

Peggiep

Cool Breeze Quilter
June 8th, 2016, 11:11 AM
I am sorry for the loss of your sweet and beautiful Diva. It is so hard to loose a precious fur baby.

Your quilt blocks are beautiful and have a very soothing look to them.

GrammaBabs
June 8th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Two beautiful pictures!!!
My heart is hurting for you friend... losing a pet is one of life's most difficult times:( Diva is truly georgous!! I quilt each week with 2 Labs... Golden and Black... Amber and Ruby! Ruby is almost 14 and greying... Amber is what her owner calls the dumb blonde.... Neither are dumb, it's a personality thing:) My friend Dawn is a longarmer with talent and opens her home to us every Tuesday so I'm very attached to having a Lab by my side while sewing and "stepping over" everytime i get us to press something:)
Thrilled for you being able to get together with Jean... you are soul mates and I hope some other M* people can touch base with you as well...
Hugs, my friend... Barbara / GB

Simply Quilting
June 8th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful furbaby. She looks so sweet in that picture.

How awesome that you will be back this way next spring :)

pcbatiks
June 8th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Klasien....so sorry to hear about Diva passing away. That's a wonderful picture of her.

Your new quilt project looks great. I know you are looking forward to your trip!

klgls
June 8th, 2016, 12:50 PM
So sorry for the loss of your furry friend.

Your 365 challenge quilts are awesome! I've been saving the posts and hoping to get to work on mine soon. Yours has definitely inspired me!

LauraP
June 8th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Jean, would it be possible to plan a day and a place to meet while Klasien is here? I am a day away and would be willing to make the trip to spend face to face time with you. Maybe a library or bank has a conference room we could use?

Midge
June 8th, 2016, 01:35 PM
So sorry to hear your beautiful Diva crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Losing our beloved pets is so very hard, and I know his fur buddy misses him deeply as well. How lovely though that you are planning a trip to the US! You will have a ball, I'm sure.

geegeequilts
June 8th, 2016, 01:44 PM
I'm so very sorry you lost your furbaby. My husband & I lost our 2 Cocker Spaniels within a year of each other 6 years ago. The pain isn't as sharp but we still miss them something awful. Take care.

Gina

Suzette
June 8th, 2016, 03:20 PM
My heart aches for you as you mourn your sweet dog. I will keep you in prayer for peace and healing. hugs!!

Monique
June 8th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Klasien, so sorry for your loss.

BUT on a happy note, how wonderful that you will meet with Jean and others on your trip. I am so jealous, you soooooo far away and make it there and I can't. I have no doubt you will have the most fantastic time.

sewbizzy
June 8th, 2016, 07:03 PM
Klasien, my heart hurts for your loss...our dog Bo was part Lab and part Shepherd and died during the night when he was 13....

Sounds like you will have a great time in MO with Jean...I hope you can get together with some of the other members too...
Hugs for you...

jjkaiser
June 8th, 2016, 08:21 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your dog, and even feel sad for your other dog looking for his best friend. He must be so confused. Dogs are such wonderful companions.
Your quilt is spectacular! It is very detailed & shows you put lots of time and effort into it! It will be a great beauty when it is all done.

snippet
June 9th, 2016, 12:41 AM
Oh gosh Klasien, I'm so sorry your pup has died. I still miss my dalmatian, Didi, after 4 years.

But I'm so happy you are coming to visit Jean! I'd come visit y'all if there was meeting space. Someone should go to MSQC!

stationarymom
June 9th, 2016, 01:40 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.Our animals are so special I'm glad you did not have to watch him suffer for a long time though.I hope you and jean have a wonderful time together.

Grandma G
June 9th, 2016, 09:55 AM
So sorry to hear about Diva. She was a beautiful lab. Losing a pet is so difficult. Now, for the happier part of your post - your 365 challenge quilt tops are gorgeous. Beautiful work and I know you and Jean are going to have a great time finishing them when you visit next year. How exciting!

Wwena
June 9th, 2016, 02:47 PM
I'm so sorry for you loss, a dog is a great friend.

Your quilt looks spectacular! I'm so happy for you and Jean, that you met, fell in like and will spend time together now. :D Have a blast!!

auntiemern
June 9th, 2016, 05:17 PM
I was so sorry to hear of you losing your Diva. I still mourn the loss of my Husky Max. However, I am sooo looking forward to getting together with you at Jeans. (probably more than one day) There are perks to her living so close to me (45 min). I can't wait to see your quilt up close and personal...it is beautiful. I will leave the logistics up to you 2, but I will bring the mac and cheese ;).

SewnByBee
June 9th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Bless Your Broken Heart. ((((Big Hugs)))).
Soooo Saaaad, but that's how I hope my boy goes....in his sleep, he's 16.......
I know , this is gonna happen........but I know it will be devastating........ I'll keep you in my thought and prayers. Sorry.😌

cv quilter
June 9th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Diva is beautiful and I am so sad for your loss of such a beautiful friend and family member. I know there must be a huge hole left in your life. Diva must have felt it best to leave "softly" and not cause you any worry. Our furry friends have such incredible intuition. I hope that your other lab will help to fill the void for you. Hoping you can get back to your quilting and that you enjoy the visit you will make to Jean in just a few months.

tamsterg7
June 9th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Aww, so sorry to hear about your beautiful fur buddy. It sounds like she went very peacefully, and that is a blessing. Your trip is exciting and I know Jean will shhow you all the wonderful spots in our town - in between sewing!

kensington
June 9th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Klasien, I am so sorry you lost your dear fur buddy. It is so hard to lose them and what a shock to have her pass away in her sleep! But I am looking forward so much to your visit, and I need to improve my quilting skills to quilt those beautiful quilt tops you are creating! Hope some of our local folks can set aside some time to visit with Klasien while she is here. March 27 to April 8?, 2017!

I'll drive up! You should do a "retreat" at your house for friends of Klasien. Peggy Anne and I did one here a while back and it was so much fun. We have a waiting list of people who want to come to the next one!

mommamarsh
June 10th, 2016, 12:54 AM
So sorry for your loss. but so happy for your plans.

ceiliam
June 10th, 2016, 03:16 AM
my heart hurts for your loss, we do love our animal babies love them so much. Warm thoughts and cyber hugs being sent your way.
So fun to go spend time with Jean so jealous. You will have a fantastic time

Tina W
June 10th, 2016, 07:53 AM
So sorry for the loss of your fur baby. I know what you mean when your other fur baby is looking for their friend. In December I lost one of my fur baby's and then 2 weeks ago I lost another one, my poor little boy is so lonely and he keeps looking for the one that passed 2 weeks ago. I thought it was hard on me but I am now watching my little guy and he is so lonely. All of my moms grew up together and have been best friends for 14 years, My little boy King now gets so much attention he doesn't know what to do with it. Anyone who lost a pet knows how heart breaking it is and takes time to get over it.

songbird857
June 10th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Klasien, I am so sorry for the loss of Diva :( She is a beauty!

Your 365 quilt is coming along beautifully - so gorgeous!!!