PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday already? It can't be.

Monique
June 8th, 2016, 07:01 AM
Really? Already? Monday and Tuesday flew by so quickly. I guess when you are busy, the time just flies.

Today I am going to the city with Miss Dougie and I get to drive home. He got caught for impaired last year and today is the day that he gets that blasted machine out of his car. BUT, then his drivers license isn't any good so that is where I come in. Next door there is a leather shop that I want to visit. On Friday then, we go and get his permanent drivers license. Another adventure, lol.

At least I don't have to work today. I will slow down next week.

I would like to know what is wrong with Mother Nature. We are expecting temperatures to be 53F, 12C to us in Canada. Unfreaking believable.

Prayers going out to bubba's granddaughter (you can read her thread), who had an accident yesterday and anyone else who might need them.

Have a great day friends.

Bubby
June 8th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Special thanks to everyone who prayed for my DGD Bree. Please continue, she's in so much pain. Her glasses were trashed and she broke three front teeth and a finger. The docs say she will likely need physical therapy for her leg. She got 128 stitches in her leg in two layers. I think she will do better when she gets to come home.

For the past week we have been invaded by millions of millipedes on our front porch. We get a few every year at this time, but this is ridiculous. I've been in contact with an entomology professor in Iowa and he has sent me reams of reports that all say there is nothing we can do but ride it out. How would you like to sweep this up every morning......YUCK!!

On to more pleasant things....my local fabric store has a huge sale going on and I'm going to be there first thing this morning.

Wishing everyone a great day!

peggiep
June 8th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Happy Wednesday!

Barb, I have had to sweep up June bugs every day so I know how you feel. Prayers have been sent for your Bree. Fortunately, it was not much much worse and that a full recovery is expected.

Monique, good luck with your adventures. And, I agree! What is Mother Nature doing to us? I could see my breath when I walked the dog this morning at 5 a.m. It is very cold for this time of year. Oh well, next week we will probably be saying that its too hot.

Going to have a quiet day today but hope to finish some projects that have been lingering in the "to do" basket for awhile. Maybe, I'll even be inspired to do some housework! lol

Have a great day and do something that makes you smile.

MayinJerset
June 8th, 2016, 08:51 AM
131651 Another week just flying by and still so far behind with things I had planned to have completed by now. Do we ever catch up?

Bubby
June 8th, 2016, 08:57 AM
No, May, sometimes we never catch up. I feel the same way lately.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 8th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Good morning friends! Well, I think my adventures in costuming are over for this show. I altered 2 dresses and built 3 men's vests yesterday, then went to the theatre to alter and tack some more. But today, NO MORE COSTUME SEWING! I'm going to meet a friend who is a handyman to work on giving my rental house some curb appeal to put it back on the market to sell it. It's definitely putting a cramp in my fabric budget having an empty rental with no income, just OUTFLOW! But I don't want tenants, just a nice QUALIFIED BUYER! Wish me luck!

Can't wait to get this stuff with show costuming finished so I can quilt again! Hope you all have a great day!

Ginny B
June 8th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Good morning. Barb, so sorry to hear about your Bree's accident. Hope she gets to come home soon. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

It is a bit cooler here this morning than it has been the last few days. I think we are expecting to see some rain later.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Sandy Navas
June 8th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Monique - no mention of a stop at the liquor store? GOOD!!!

Barb - those prayers are definitely continuing!

WendyI
June 8th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Morning all! Happy Hump Day!

It sure has cooled of but I am DEFINITELY not complaining! I am so hot ALL the time I relish the cool weather. I used to be such a summer lover and now I'm changing my mind. Mental Pause is def. not fun!

Barb, definitely thinking of your DGD and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Took my best guy to the movies last night. He wanted to see Captain America Civil Warfare...lonnnnng movie! I hate going to the theater...much prefer to stay in the comfort of my home and I have a huge screen and projector with surround sound so I don't really NEED to go to the theater. BUT, Liam enjoyed it and it was nice bonding time for me and him so will have to do it more often.

Someone mentioned being behind on everything...boy do I know THAT feeling. I've been neglecting everything and now it's totally overwhelming. BUT rather than stress about it, I'm being happy if I accomplish at least one or two things a day. Not getting my house cleaned but I'm also not overly stressed about it either. I will get it done and press on. My problem is once I clean I just can't understand why it doesn't STAY that way! LOL!

Sending love and hugs to all! xoxo

quiltingtrish
June 8th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Oh ouch! Reading about her 2 layers of stitches and then with her teeth. I will keep praying for her.

JCY
June 8th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Good Morning! I had a productive day yest. Finally got some good sewing time in. I added the last of the borders to the quilt top, clipped threads, starched & pressed top & backing, & got it all sandwiched. I finished a sample sandwich of 4 blocks to practice on. By evening, I had at least half of the FMQ done. It felt good to get so much done! I hope to finish the FMQ today. If I have time, I'll also add the binding. The strips are all ready.

The friend who is doing DH's DVD has all the pics scanned in. We're getting together Fri. to review sequence, captions, & music. It will be about 10 min. long. I'm glad to be getting this done; one just never knows how much longer it could be.

Time to get my breakfast. Happy Hump Day to all.

Simply Quilting
June 8th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Good Morning! Busy times around here. Summer is in full swing. We are at the pool 3-4 hours most days. The children burn off tons of energy and are old enough that I don't have to get into the pool. Sadly, too many parents use it as a free babysitter so we dealt with bullying issues last year. Therefore, I just stay at the pool to make sure my children are safe. I spend the time in the shade working on lesson plans and other school work for next year. Eventually, I get to the point that I have nothing to do then I start thinking of the time that I could be spending sewing but there are such few short years left before the children will be gone that I do treasure the moments we have together.

Bubby, continued prayers for your granddaughter.

Have a great day everyone :)

SewnByBee
June 8th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Hey Friends,

I'm doing that Coffee thing.....drinking from my favorite cup.......
..... 131654 ...lol.....yep, I ♡ M* ....

The sun is out and temps are cooler today,....I hope to get the porch measured, so we can put up railings. The hard part is, deciding, how I want them, ...AND two .... ....getting, the man,..... to do WHAT, I have planned ........, I might do well to HIRE OUT this one....lol.. ...I have my ideas, and he has his,
😛......just saying.

Hugs & Prayers , to those in need......

Wishing you all.....

a BLESSED DAY.

Lyndaj
June 8th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Monique and Wendy, I too am living with early spring temperatures. What the heck. I am NOT a fan of summer, but this is cold enough that I'm going to put on a hoody.

I drove my little vintage Bernina acquired on the weekend to Guelph, Ontario (about 50 minutes away for me) to see the sewing machine mechanic master. The Bernina does sew and reverse, didn't seem too dirty inside the bobbin case, but I can't lower the feed dogs, and I have no idea how long it has been since someone sewed on her. The items left in the table were mostly quite old, although there was some newer Gutterman thread in there. Spoke to him before I left and he thinks I got a good machine and doesn't think, from first look, that there is anything major wrong. Hopefully, he is right.

I am still a little burned out from my 2 1/2 week sewing adventure in quilt making. Generally, I'm finding myself a little burned out from making quilts. Am researching classes in garment making which I know nothing about. If anyone knows of a good teacher in the Southern Ontario area, let me know.

Have a good one peeps.

seaturtle
June 8th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Well, it's mid-afternoon and I'm just getting on here. We are on day 3 of VBS and this grandma is dog-tired. While my DGS is napping, I'm enjoying a large glass of sweet-tea and sitting with my feet up. Two more days...

Bubby, I will continue to pray for your Bree and the doctors attending her. I hope she can come home soon. So thankful the prognosis is good.

SimplyQuilting, these days pass so quickly. Enjoy your pool-time! You mentioned lesson plans - do you homeschool or are you a teacher?

JCY, I'm excited to hear how your project with the pictures turns out. Congratulations on all your sewing activity.

Linda, I hope your machine is a quick fix.

Bee, good luck with your decking re-do.

After nap time, we're headed off to my DS basketball games tonight. I haven't seen the sewing room all week. But I think I've finally decided on what to make for favors.

Have a great rest of the day!

Claire Hallman
June 8th, 2016, 07:26 PM
I actually used my sewing machine today for the first time in weeks. It was glad to see me and I was sure glad to play with it. I am not quilting right at the moment but come Saturday I think I will be able to. I am making some draperies for our new bedroom, can't wait to see them up. The blinds do the job but sure don't add anything to the room
I hope to get my pegboard up tomorrow, I will be so delighted to be able to find things without a ten minute search.:icon_heh: