PDA

View Full Version : Hiking Accident....Please Help Me Pray

Bubby
June 7th, 2016, 08:09 PM
My 25 yo granddaughter, Bree, has been injured in a hiking accident. She was on a 7-mile hike with a small group of friends and there was a rock slide that took Bree down with it. Her left leg was gashed open to the bone for several inches in addition to other bumps, cuts, bruises, etc. She had to be airlifted to the hospital because there was no other way to get to her. Her injured leg makes me weak in the knees to look at it. She will recover but she's totally grateful to have a good supply of pain meds.

Your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Dollyquilts
June 7th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Bubby, that should ghastly. Prayers are being lifted for Bree for quick healing.

CraftHer
June 7th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Prayers for your granddaughter. Hope she's feeling better soon.

SuzyQue
June 7th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Prayers said......may you all find peace and comfort as Bree heals.

alliek
June 7th, 2016, 08:31 PM
So happy she will be OK. Prayers said for a complete healing.

auntiemern
June 7th, 2016, 08:39 PM
So sorry to hear this. Will certainly keep her in my prayers. This must have been frightful for you as a grandmother. Hugs sweetie.

Cathy F
June 7th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Dear friend I'm so sorry to hear of Bree's accident and will certainly say some prayers for a full recovery and for Grandma! I know that weak in the knees feeling when it comes to our injured loved ones. Hugs to you!

seaturtle
June 7th, 2016, 08:45 PM
So sorry to hear of your DGD's accident. I will pray for her - glad to hear she'll be okay.

pcbatiks
June 7th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Adding my prayers too, Barb. Hugs to you.

SewnByBee
June 7th, 2016, 09:47 PM
((( BIG HUGS ))

.....PRAYER'S for all of you... Blessings be showered upins this family & HERES TO A FAST RECOVERY,. ..BREE,.... IS A LUCKY GIRL....may every... need be met.

grandma nurse
June 7th, 2016, 09:55 PM
Prayers for Bree for a speedy recovery.

stitching woman
June 7th, 2016, 10:02 PM
Prayers for a quick recovery for your granddaughter.

quiltingtrish
June 7th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Prayers coming for your granddaughter. It does sound awful but I'm glad she will be ok and it wasn't worse. It's bad enough as it is though.

mommamarsh
June 7th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Prayer and positive ,healing thoughts for Bree. Hang in there !

Sandy Navas
June 7th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Most definite - prayers for complete healing! I'll keep them going!

BobW
June 7th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Barb,

Please know that I'm sending positive thoughts and wishes to you and your granddaughter. Take care of yourself and her.

Sharyn J
June 7th, 2016, 10:27 PM
I am sending healing prayers. Please have faith in modern medicine and our prayers. My son almost lost his leg in an accident many years ago. He lost 2" of bone in his leg from the fracture. He wore a contraption for a long time to promote bone growth and had several surgeries, but he is fine as a fiddle today, Medicine has progressed so much over the years that I have faith that she will receive the best of care. Rest your worries on our shoulders. We are here for you.

Suzette
June 7th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Praying for a full and speedy recovery!

Monique
June 7th, 2016, 10:52 PM
Prayers for a speedy recovery. It could have been much worse.

grammaterry
June 7th, 2016, 10:56 PM
Wasn't it you just recently that was all bangedup from a fall. Oh my, I am certainly keeping the two of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Cokie
June 7th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Keeping Bree in prayer - so happy that she wasn't hurt more seriously! Sending prayers for you too. Maybe that bee quilt will help her recover more quickly. ;)

Grandma G
June 7th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Many prayers for her and hugs for you. What a terrible accident. I know it could have been worse but it is bad enough.

MayinJerset
June 7th, 2016, 11:37 PM
You and her parents must have been so scared when you first heard about her accident. Thankfully she got quick medical attention. Prayers for Bree's recovery and some for you and the family too. Was anyone else injured?

Angelia
June 7th, 2016, 11:42 PM
I'm so sorry, Barb. Best wishes to her (and to you).

easyquilts
June 7th, 2016, 11:44 PM
As a grandmother of five boys, I know how your heart aches for your grandchild.... Bree certainly has my prayers... Kerp us informed...,

KarenC
June 7th, 2016, 11:44 PM
What a frightening experience that must have been. Praying for Bree and the whole family. May God help you all through this.

JCY
June 8th, 2016, 12:13 AM
Thoughts & prayers for Bree & also for all the family. In Colo. people get hurt all the time on hiking trails & climbing in the mts. The slide could have been so much worse. The Lord was watching over her. I hope she heals quickly.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 8th, 2016, 12:21 AM
So sorry to hear this! I hope and pray for a speedy recovery for her!

laura44
June 8th, 2016, 01:09 AM
Thank God she is alive. Prayers being said for a complete healing.

sewbizzy
June 8th, 2016, 01:11 AM
Barb, I will definitely include her in my prayers...we never want our children or grandchildren to be hurt or in danger...sending prayers for you, too...

stationarymom
June 8th, 2016, 01:32 AM
I hope she heals quickly.I will def keep her and you in my prayers.

Simply Quilting
June 8th, 2016, 02:01 AM
Praying that she have a quick and easy recovery.

Judy, USMC
June 8th, 2016, 03:04 AM
Praying for a speedy and full recovery.

bubba
June 8th, 2016, 03:06 AM
Thank goodness help was able to get to her and get her to the place she needed to be!!! My thoughts are with all of you.

Iris Girl
June 8th, 2016, 05:27 AM
Sending my thoughts and wishes she will be all right and have a speedy recovery. Sounds like it was a gruesome gash and must have been scary for both of you. As a hiker myself I know how fast it can go from great to bad on a trail.

peggiep
June 8th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Praise to the Lord that the injuries weren't more serious. Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery and for the family for stength to get through.

amartin24
June 8th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Prayers for your granddaughter and you and the family. Thankfully, it wasn't any worse.

WendyI
June 8th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Yikes! That sounds so terrifying! Sending warm (((HUGS))) and loving thoughts for a speedy recovery for your granddaughter. And an extra (((HUG))) for you too. xox

klgls
June 8th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Oh goodness - prayers indeed!

Midge
June 8th, 2016, 01:33 PM
What a terrible accident, and how fortunate she wasn't hurt worse. Wishing her a speedy recovery, with thoughts and prayers to both of you.

judimccl
June 8th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Many prayers being said for Bree. :icon_wave:

geegeequilts
June 8th, 2016, 01:49 PM
OMG! Sure hope she heals quickly & back to hiking (if she still wants to) soon. Thought & prayers going to Bree as well as her Mom. Both of you take care.

Gina

MRoy
June 8th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Prayers for a quick recovery for Bree and thankful that God was watching over her. Hugs for you Barb.

Carolyn23
June 8th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Praying for a quick and complete healing!

GuitarGramma
June 8th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Oh, that poor girl! I will definitely pray for her.

Lilly
June 8th, 2016, 09:04 PM
I'm so sorry! Praying right now. Please let us know how she's doing.

Andrea F
June 9th, 2016, 04:55 AM
Oh my gosh, Barb, that sounds horrible! Sending good thoughts for quick healing.

scooter15650
June 9th, 2016, 06:16 PM
I am so sorry your granddaughter got hurt. My prayers are with you and your family. Here's to a speedy recovery.

SallyO'Sews
June 9th, 2016, 11:39 PM
Just saw this, Barb, but praying nonetheless!

ceiliam
June 10th, 2016, 03:19 AM
Being said

songbird857
June 10th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Praying for Bree's speedy recovery!

My nephew had a fall a few years ago (while he was living with us); he fell 20 feet on a waterfall in a state park in CT. Airlifted as well, and stayed in the hospital for about 3 days or so - I think God put a mattress underneath him because he got out with a broken arm and some cuts and bruises. Another girl had not been so lucky in that exact same spot two weeks prior, so we were incredibly thankful that he was ok.