PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday gooddays!

Monique
June 7th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Good morning dear friends. A beautiful sunny start to the day here this morning. Temperatures are a little cooler but hey, we will take it won't we. Makes for better sleeping at night. I think maybe they are calling for showers sometime today, not sure.

I made my hamburg soup yesterday and it was a big hit with the momma. Les is on his own to make her supper tonight as I work until 3 today and then I have a supper meeting tonight. Cocktails are at 6 so I won't come home in between. It is our last Lionette meeting for the summer and this is our big outing supper.

I am getting so geared up for Row by Row. I was in touch with several vendors, who will be at the big Toronto Quilt show, if they were bringing their license plates with them. They have assured me that if they have them, they will bring some. One vendor told me, no we can't until the start of Row by Row and my reply was yes indeed you can, other vendors are bringing theirs. The pattern is not available until June 21. So I have been in touch with Ashley (my new daughter-in-law and no they didn't get married) and she is going to pick up in and around Victoria, BC and I have a cousin in Kelowna, BC who will pick up there too. I am really looking for license plates this year as well. So I still haven't sewn anything but thinking about it, does that count?

I get a bit of a break from work this week as I have to go with Doug to the city tomorrow and Friday but work the rest of the days. 8 sleeps until I meet up with Nancy and 9 until the quilt show and get to meet with Lynda from this forum. I am so looking forward to this little vacation of mine. And then I head to Trenton to visit with the kids. I need me a Maizyn fix after all. Oh and they have a new kitten so I better bring extra allergy pills with me. OYE!!!!

Hi ho, hi ho it's off to work I go. Have a wonderful day friends.

Bubby
June 7th, 2016, 07:28 AM
Morning Monique and Everyone,

Jeff's department at work has a big carry-in dinner today so I baked them a chocolate fudge cake and a cherry pie. They will also have ham, turkey and all the trimmings. I don't think I will need to cook tonight either.

I plan to sew and I hope to get the sashings done on the half-hexie top. I need to start something new and fun.

Monique, you're one of the busiest people I know!

Wishing everyone a blessed day.

songbird857
June 7th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Morning lovelies :)
Today I will try to get in the spare bedroom and remove the old wallpaper border at the ceiling so we can get painting in there! I also need to finish thinning out my carrot plants. I was doing it yesterday, and the back of my thighs were NOT happy ;)
I may have a friend stopping by as well, so I'll straighten up around here...

Have a great day everyone!

Cathy F
June 7th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Morning all
Sun is shining looks to be a beautiful day in my neck of the woods. My 3 ferral cats are on the deck basking in the sun while they wait for their breakfast.
Yesterday I was at a day of Renewal for caregivers. My Pilot Club volunteered at this event and we provided plants and small " pick me up" bags for each caregiver. It gave caregivers a day of respite from their loved ones they care for. They had a nice luncheon for them, gave each one a chair massage, and had workshops for them to attend. I had lunch with some of the people they care for in another room with dementia and I came away with a new respect for these caregivers and just what amazing women they were. It was an emotional and rewarding day and time well
spent.

Today I hope to get started on some prep work I need to get done for a class I 'm taking and I need to get some groceries in the cupboards are looking pretty bare.

Off to get my coffee and enjoy just a bit more quiet time. Wishing each one a good day!

seaturtle
June 7th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Good morning everyone,

Monique, I need to start drinking whatever you drink in the morning. Your days are so jam-packed!

Bobby, fudge cake and cherry pie, yummy! Don't you love getting dinner off?

Songbird, we forgot to plant carrots this year. I'm not sure how that happened. The lettuce and tomatoes are coming in well and the garlic is looking good. We have so many peaches on the trees, they are drooping. We had an extended spring this year, so we're hoping for a good yield from the fruit trees.

We're on to day 2 of VBS today. I have 17 of the sweetest 5 yr. olds ever collected in one class. Afterwards, my DGS and I are headed out to the snowball stand for a treat to take to the pond to watch the ducks (and try out the new playground).

Hope everyone has a great day!

irishrn
June 7th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Morning to all! I'm up super early today thanks to the dog Casey who believes in getting an early start on squirrel patrol in this weather! We've had so much rain that he's been inside more and that doesn't suit him at all!

Not sure if I've ever mentioned here or not, but I was diagnosed with Mono end of May. It explains so much! I've been exhausted and in a fair amount of pain for weeks. Managing to accomplish little to none except the absolute basics! It has made my fibromyalgia flare up to levels reminding me of when I was first diagnosed. Pain from head to toe!
But we are "managing". DH has been relatively quiet for these weeks. He too has been sleepy with all the rain.
The swelling in his legs has prompted the neurologist to pull back on his Namenda for the summer in hopes of getting the swelling down while using his compression hose. But he refuses to keep his legs up while sitting so it seems to be a losing battle!
So we are taking one day at a time here.... Trying to get outside when the weather allows!

Wishing Happy Birthday to all I have missed along the way over these many weeks! I sometimes feel like I've fallen into a black hole and I have no idea what is going on outside of it! There are so few days when it is good weather AND I have any energy to enjoy it. But when they happen I am trying to enjoy them!
So I wish you all happy days and sunny skies!
Hope to be back soon!

MRoy
June 7th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Good morning! Monique makes me tired with all her energy and Barb makes me hungry with chocolate! LOL! The sun is bright here, although we had a brief rain shower just before daybreak. Not a lot going on here, it's hay cutting season so DH is busy with that and I'm running errands for him as needed. Yes, I'm a "go-fer". In between trips I doing some sewing and quilting.

Grandma Nan
June 7th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Just dropping in to say, working after you retire is the pits!! I just took a temporary job for 2 months helping with the Canadian 2016 Census. I like the job and it is very worthwhile but getting back into the swing of working is awful after 3 years of retirement. That is why I haven't been on here much lately.

I am taking a day off (preplanned) to go to the quilt show next week though with Monique. We are going to have a ball. We will try to meet up with Lynda and also my sister is coming to the show too. I can hardly wait.

Gotta get going but I am dropping in to check on the Daily Deals but haven't had time to read much or post.

Have a great day everyone.

WendyI
June 7th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Morning all! Nothing new here...same 'ol same 'ol. I have booked Mondays off for the month of June in an effort to use up some vacation time that I accrued while I was on my leave. It is nice but I don't really do a whole lot...and four day work week just means cramming 5 days of work into 4. Thankfully it IS a bit slower in the summer.

Still now sewing for me but I'm hoping soon. Right now I'm doing good at one day at a time so I'm running with that for a while. Went to a play Friday night with two of my friends...I had already seen it but still enjoyed it. They loved it.

Sending lots of love and hugs to those who need them...you know who you are! xoxo

MayinJerset
June 7th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Trying to get in the grove this morning as I have lots to do before going to PT around noon and post office on the way home. Ordered some clothes online in my size and all are too big so they are going back. Could order a smaller size but they all were too long, I'd have to grow about 10" for them to fit right. So disappointed as I ordered pants and shells in black, navy and French blue that would have gone with tops I have for perfect outfits. Difficult to find everything at one time in local stores but I guess I will have to.

Also mailing a Birthday package to DGGS C in CA who will be 2 next week. I ordered a story book for him that has his name in the story and added a cute lion tee shirt. DH added 4 wooden train cars to go with the wooden train engine he made C for Christmas. Have to remind DH to take some photos of the wooden train sets he made for our newest DGGS J in New Orleans and our 3 DGGSs here in Jersey.

Time to move it so everyone have a Good Day.

JCY
June 7th, 2016, 12:43 PM
I posted on Sylvia's "Summertime" comments, so I won't repeat here.

Dollyquilts
June 7th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Eileen, my DGD has had two strains of Mono, and has one strain again now. You're only supposed to be able to have each strain once. That poor child could cry in the mornings when she had to get out of bed. She missed so much school she almost didn't graduate from HS. Her assistant principal all but called her and my DD liars. But it's over and she has her diploma and will start college in the fall. I know what you're going through.

irishrn
June 7th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Eileen, my DGD has had two strains of Mono, and has one strain again now. You're only supposed to be able to have each strain once. That poor child could cry in the mornings when she had to get out of bed. She missed so much school she almost didn't graduate from HS. Her assistant principal all but called her and my DD liars. But it's over and she has her diploma and will start college in the fall. I know what you're going through.

Hi Dolly. I never had Mono as a teen or in my early 20's. My first diagnosed case was 16 years ago when I was 50 but the test showed that I had experienced a previous infection. Now at 66 it's back with a vengeance.

You can see my labs are crazy high but also indicative of past Epstein Barr Virus. It's also believed to be the cause of most adult chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. But this was different in that the pain was so significantly worse than what I live with day to day and the fatigue was overwhelming.
There is a lot of research currently being done regarding the Epstein Barr virus and how it may cause other illnesses. So please tell your daughter to keep an eye on your DGD and do medical follow up as needed.
I really got knocked for a loop! All my best to your DGD.

Dollyquilts
June 7th, 2016, 08:20 PM
thanks, Eileen, for the warning. I'll be sure and tell my daughter this. Emily is now having tummy issues with logs of bouts of diarrhea. She also had a ruptured ovarian cyst earlier this year. It's been one thing after another. She has also had frequent bouts of strep throat. SHe's going to stay at home and go to junior college in the fall, which is wise because of maturity issues and health issues. She has made great strides with maturity this year, but she has a way to go. She adores kids and is babysitting with a four-year-old and a one-year-old whose mom is expecting in 11 weeks. She always has stories to tell when she comes home from sitting. She wants to be a first grade teacher and she has such a sweet and fun way with the little ones, I know she will make a great teacher. She's very pretty, and the little boys all fall in love with her.

If anyone has any spare prayers, I would appreciate healing prayers for Emily and getting over this Epstein-Barre viruse with no lasting ramifications.

Eileen, I hope you recover soon. You have enough on your plate.

irishrn
June 7th, 2016, 09:38 PM
thanks, Eileen, for the warning. I'll be sure and tell my daughter this. Emily is now having tummy issues with logs of bouts of diarrhea. She also had a ruptured ovarian cyst earlier this year. It's been one thing after another. She has also had frequent bouts of strep throat. SHe's going to stay at home and go to junior college in the fall, which is wise because of maturity issues and health issues. She has made great strides with maturity this year, but she has a way to go. She adores kids and is babysitting with a four-year-old and a one-year-old whose mom is expecting in 11 weeks. She always has stories to tell when she comes home from sitting. She wants to be a first grade teacher and she has such a sweet and fun way with the little ones, I know she will make a great teacher. She's very pretty, and the little boys all fall in love with her.

If anyone has any spare prayers, I would appreciate healing prayers for Emily and getting over this Epstein-Barre viruse with no lasting ramifications.

Eileen, I hope you recover soon. You have enough on your plate.

Thanks... But I can't imagine having this and trying to do a full time job or go to school every day. Emily has my prayers too!
It really takes the starch out of you!

Dollyquilts
June 7th, 2016, 10:47 PM
You can imagine how she felt when her principal accused her of lying.