PDA

View Full Version : First MONDAY!! in June

Monique
June 6th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Good morning friends. Did Monday have to come so soon? The weekend flew by so quickly. I really did not do much of anything but I am still tired. I worked Saturday morning and cut a little grass in the afternoon. I sat in my sewing room for inspiration that never came. I did pretty well nothing yesterday, we decided to stay home. I slept until 8 am which never happens. We had no power so I went to Dougie's for tea. Power was restored around 9:30 or so. I lay down for a nap around 1 and then I had a visitor. It was a rainy day and we did have a dead tree mind you, fall in the back yard. Les may clean that up today if it doesn't rain. We only have an electric chain saw. LOL!!

Work today and then come home and make hamburger soup for Les and the momma for supper.

Have a great day everyone. This is a short work week, as Wednesday and Friday I have to drive Miss Dougie to his appointments.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 6th, 2016, 07:45 AM
Good morning folks! Monique had a laid back weekend and I had a frantic last minute work all day sewing marathon trying to finish up our last costume pieces needed for our show "Inherit The Wind" which opens Thursday. I sat back through their first rehearsal in costumes, and was generally pleased by the outcome. The play is set in 1925, a time in history when the women's clothing was basic bags, flattering no one! The hip line was emphasized! Maybe that worked in 1925, but today's women really can't carry that look off well! But we gave it a try, creating fashions from some pictures of dresses from that era. We visited a bunch of thrift stores, looking for dresses that could be modified for that look, pluse we built many from scratch. We have some minor alterations to do today, and we may build some men's vests, but basically, we are finished.

So glad I didn't have to dress like this! We recreated many of these dresses in creating our costume ensemble!

I also got one NCW wallet done in between costume sessions, and have at least one more on the queue of projects ordered. Someday, I'll be able to finish my second binding star quilt, I hope that happens soon!

Hope you all have a great day!

Ginny B
June 6th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Good morning Monique and everyone to follow. Yes, the weekend did fly by for sure. But we got a good bit accomplished at the Brooklyn house. We had some storms roll through here last evening and there was the most beautiful double rainbow afterward!

Now we start on another week. Be safe all who are going to deal with rough weather, especially our friends in Florida and other states in the path of Tropical Storm Colin.

Have the best Monday you can everyone.

Monique
June 6th, 2016, 07:51 AM
Good morning folks! Monique had a laid back weekend and I had a frantic last minute work all day sewing marathon trying to finish up our last costume pieces needed for our show "Inherit The Wind" which opens Thursday. I sat back through their first rehearsal in costumes, and was generally pleased by the outcome. The play is set in 1925, a time in history when the women's clothing was basic bags, flattering no one! The hip line was emphasized! Maybe that worked in 1925, but today's women really can't carry that look off well! But we gave it a try, creating fashions from some pictures of dresses from that era. We visited a bunch of thrift stores, looking for dresses that could be modified for that look, pluse we built many from scratch. We have some minor alterations to do today, and we may build some men's vests, but basically, we are finished.

So glad I didn't have to dress like this! We recreated many of these dresses in creating our costume ensemble!

I also got one NCW wallet done in between costume sessions, and have at least one more on the queue of projects ordered. Someday, I'll be able to finish my second binding star quilt, I hope that happens soon!

Hope you all have a great day!

Jean, you are QUEEN!! Fabulous. I hope you soon can work on your own projects.

seaturtle
June 6th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Good morning, everyone! We spent the weekend at another basketball tournament. There was a 10 pm game on Friday night and two games on Saturday. Not enough time in between games to get anything accomplished. I sit in the hot gym thinking about my sewing room and reminding myself that this season will be over all too soon and he'll be off to college. I will miss it when it's done.

I got some work done on my grandson's birthday quilt on Sunday and then packed it away for the week. He's spending this week with us and I don't want him to see it before his birthday in July.

We have vacation Bible school this week and I'm working with the 3-5 year-olds. The theme is Jonah and the big fish - can't wait to hear the questions from the kids. I love working with the little ones. We have it from 9-12 each morning. I'll be taking naps this week for sure!

Jean, I love those costumes! I hope you can get back to your regularly scheduled projects, soon.

Off to get ready - have a great day!

Bubby
June 6th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

Jean, you're incredible! I sew way too slow to make costumes.

We had an uneventful weekend other than renting our vacancy to what we hope will be a very good tenant, a single Mom with three daughters. Other than that we had a quiet weekend. I watched a couple Craftsy classes by Joan Hawley and piddled around in the sewing room. I may make a Bendy bag (one of Joan's designs) for a small zippered bag. Her technique with zippers is quite innovative and attractive.

Cindy, good luck with VBS.....I love that age group!

Wishing everyone a good Monday.

sew-what2015
June 6th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Morning, everyone.
"Rainy days and Mondays always get me down." Isn't that a line from some song? Too lazy to look up the singer and/or songwriter.
Both apply here this morning and it does get me down...but Tuesday is just a blink away with a promise of sun and comfortable temps.
Have a good day.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
June 6th, 2016, 08:19 AM
Hello everybody in the forum, and we are again to Monday, another quiet for my good week so I thought, but called my daughter the little girl who has to go on an errand in the capital and as the grandchildren and leave at noon to eat at home, because Grandma, if you can have to go pick them up and feed them,and of course grandma can, so I prepare and go out to look for them, the school is just 10 minutes from my house so I have to but let them command many smiles and desires that are all well and have a wonderful day, greetings

Ginny B
June 6th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Yup, that's a song by The Carpenters. That is the title of the song. I love the Carpenters

MayinJerset
June 6th, 2016, 08:59 AM
We didn't do much this weekend except have dinner with friends Friday night. I took more of my warm weather clothes out and packed the heavier ones away only to have the weather turn cold again. Glad I kept a few lightweight jackets out. We had a Thunder Storm Alert for yesterday evening but all we received was heavy rain for an hour or so - lawn got a good watering.

Wish we could see some of the creations Jean and her costume buddy made. I'm sure glad we don't have clothes that put emphasis on the hips, my what a sight I'd be, LOL!

SewnByBee
June 6th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Yep, it's Monday, ALREADY........ I think there needs to be a day between Sat.and Sun........☺...it's gone before it gets started.

I had the best weekend. K & Z surprised me, calling Friday and saying,
hey, how about ordering some drug store pizza (one of our family favorites) and we'll drive out and visit awhile........ YEY, 😊 HAPPY ME......and they came out Sat too.....Very HAPPY ME....
Last week they had pictures made of baby Reese. I have this one the photographer shared yesterday, LOOK😶 at this sweet little guy.😊💕😆

...........131606 :icon_bigsmile:....Bee

Have a grate day, Prayers, Hugs,Blessings, & Smiles.......

songbird857
June 6th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Good Monday morning :)
Checking in here - I've been doing some lurking and a bit of commenting, but not much else!
I'm itching to get back in the sewing room, but there are some extra things in there while we carpet and paint the spare bedroom (we chose carpet instead of laminate...). Long story short, my older DD will be coming back here for the summer (possibly a bit longer) while she reorganizes and sets things up to go back to school.
Since FIL has been gone (just found out he has made a 'lady friend' at the nursing home... not surprising ;)), I am slowly feeling like myself again. I find myself itching to create - lots of things! I have sewing ideas in my head... I have music ideas swirling around again, something that had gone deeply dormant during the past two years. Basically I'm getting my footing back - and it's good, very good.
Jean, you are so talented!
Monique - hamburger soup - sounds intriguing!!
Ginny, I love rainbows - I love everything about the sky :)
Cindy, oh how I miss the days of VBS!
Barb - quiet weekends are nice sometimes :)
Sew-what - I hope your Monday turns into something wonderful...
Uribarri, what a joy, to play with your grandkids!
May, we got some of that rain too - my garden appreciated it ;)
Bekie!!! That baby! I want to pinch his little cheeks...

Have a great Monday all!

peggiep
June 6th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Morning everyone!

Jean - your costume designs are fabulous..and Mayinjerset, I agree with the hip emphasis. I don't think I would venture outside if my hips were highlighted! lol

After a very rainy day yesterday, the sun has once again come out but it is significantly cooler than last week at this time. Today is the day that I MUST clean out my closets and get rid of stuff that has accumulated for the past year. Goodwill/Salvation Army are both going to get at least one big green garbage bag full of sweaters, tops and shorts! As my reward, I will go shopping for clothes to wear to my neice's wedding next month in Scotland. Has anyone been to Scotland/Ireland in July? What is the weather usually like at this time of the year? Should I have sleeves in my dress for the wedding, or is just a Wrap going to be ok? Questions, questions.
I wish everyone a wonderful day doing something that makes you smile.

Cheers
Peggiep

toggpine
June 6th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Good morning!
The first load of hay is in the barn! I just wish it wasn't the hottest days of the year that the hay was ready. Then again, I don't want wet, moldy hay either. So I'll just "suck it up, Buttercup!"
We need to get the net up for the blueberries before all of the birdie friends help themselves to our favorite treats.
I am going to sewing group this morning, but not taking my machine. I am dragging the adding machine and all of the market receipts. Our fundraising gal, seems to have a different attitude about time lines. I intend to have these all done before the end of school, and hopefully by this Wednesday for our PTA meeting. I want my summer to be free of school stuff, and we should probably try to keep things in sync with our budget timeframes. There I go, thinking again!

You all have a great day and make sure to share one of your lovely smiles!
Hugs, Cathy

Angelia
June 6th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Thank goodness I saw this--I have thought it was Tuesday all day! I'm rubbish without a routine to my week. :) Oh well, I'll have another Tuesday tomorrow.

Bouse
June 7th, 2016, 05:56 AM
Peggie P, Scotland and Ireland can be fairly similar in terms of weather in July. We can some hot days 23 degrees (that is hot for Scotland) and we can have a lot of rain too which can make the days very cool. If you're not having sleeves in your dress, make sure your wrap is a warm one in case the weather has turned cooler again. Right now we are heading towards the end of two very glorious weeks of sunshine. They have threatened us with rain and cooler temperature for the end of the week unfortunately. I suppose the garden needs some rain though.

judimccl
June 7th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Little Baby Reese is just as cute as a button! :icon_wave: