PDA

View Full Version : Disoriented Night Owl

kimsophia
June 2nd, 2016, 02:07 AM
Hoot hoot! Was I confused today! It sure didn't feel like a Wednesday to me...the Memorial Day holiday must have put me off track. I was sure it was already Thursday and the NBA finals were going to start at 8 p.m.!

I had to rip out a section of cross stitching that I didn't count correctly. I'll redo it later. Bleh.

Tomorrow my buddy and I are going to go look at a used car for sale. I'm hoping to get an appointment for us to look at a Mazda van on Friday. He's never had a car of his own. He didn't even get a driver's license until a few years ago, when he was 30. He had a very disadvantaged childhood and went from foster homes to group homes. He has some brain damage but funnily, when I was teaching him to parallel park, he did it better than I can on his very first try! Must be on the Y chromosome! :D lol

Hoot your news! @,@

Judy, USMC
June 2nd, 2016, 02:21 AM
It was a perfect day for me ...

Got ready to go to an appointment and as I walked out the door the rain came. It was a downpour when I was driving and the wipers had a hard time keeping the window clear. It stopped as soon as I got in the building and as I was sitting in the waiting room you could see the sun peeking through the blinds. Another downpour started as soon as I returned to the car. This time driving was a bit more hazardous; had to dodge the deep standing water in addition to dealing with the wipers.

Sun came out again for the rest of the afternoon until it was time to roll the garbage can to the street for pickup. I swear the skies opened up again as soon as I put my foot out the door! Got drenched; got depressed; got a hot shower and a nap. Now up and alert with no rain - so my day was fairly unproductive and perfectly awful.

Y'all stay safe & DRY.

stationarymom
June 2nd, 2016, 02:39 AM
I went out shopping with a friend tonight I didn't find much but it got me out of the house.I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend,we had a cookout on memorial Day and I still have leftovers in my fridge that my kids will not eat.Kim sorry to hear about your xstitch.When you go shopping with your Buddy make sure the sales people don't take advantage of him,I remember the first car my DH and I bought together my DH told the salesman how high we could go I made him get up and leave right there.Judy sorry to hear you had such a wet day today I hope tomorrow will be much better.

kimsophia
June 3rd, 2016, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the advice, Joan! The car we looked at was in poor shape. Windshield was cracked, one back suspension spring on the rear passenger side tire was broken, part of a door panel was gone and yet they wanted $1500. No thanks.

The Warriors played well tonight and I got to see it in high def as we get that on our rabbit ears for ABC...next game is in Cleveland so we shall see how they do on that court.

I got the cross stitching that I had to rip out put back in right, and I got the final project in 28 count linen in the mail today. It will be a Halloween theme... Trick or Treat by Victoria Sampler - Cross Stitch Kits & Patterns (http://www.salt-and-pepper.com/store/Trick_or_Treat-p-VS143-i-detail#.V1C0DvkrKvg)

Happy hooting, everybody!

stationarymom
June 3rd, 2016, 02:42 AM
Hoot hoot Your welcome kim.I know (at least I believe that sales people can smell a victim)my husband still hasn't bought a car without me, he just doesn't have the nerve to say no or get up and walk out if things are going bad.I hope your Buddy finds a suitable car he can afford soon.I like your new xstitch kit it looks traditional like a sampler.I hope everyone has a good night.