PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl in More Rain @,@

kimsophia
June 1st, 2016, 02:48 AM
Hoot hoot! How are you? It has been a rainy night so far here with some thunder, but no strong winds, thankfully. I am working on my counted cross stitch strawberry farm project. I've sewn my mom and Aunt Norma in it, and my cousin, her old dog and I are going to be in it as well. How are things in your neck of the woods? :icon_wave:

toggpine
June 1st, 2016, 03:51 AM
Just swooping through on my way to bed.
Hugs, Cath

Neller
June 1st, 2016, 04:03 AM
Hi Kimsophia! Things are good here in Spokane we went to Portland for a week and a half to celebrate our little granddaughter's birthday. It was nice to be away for a while and nice to be home. This year has gone by so fast! Sally is now walking and she is cute as a button! If I could figure out how to post a picture with this post, I would post one.

We are are only going to be in town for a couple of days but I am hoping to get some sewing done. I really missed it while gone. I took my knitting but ended up not even picking it up. I had my eyes on the baby most of the time.

Have any of you night owls noticed that you can buy a bag of scraps from M*? It's only $4.95 and you get 4 or 5 good size scraps of fabric. They aren't quite as large as a fat quarter, more like about a fat eighth. I have bought them twice; the first time I got an assortment of blue fabrics that I really liked. This last time I got a piece of striped and floral fabric (reminded me of an old bedsheet), a print piece with musical instruments, and a piece of blue checks and another of pink flowers. I'm not crazy about the striped fabric or the one with musical instruments, but I'll put them with other scraps and maybe some day have a use for them. For just under 5 bucks it's not a bad deal.

That's all for tonight. I hope everyone has a great night!

Judy, USMC
June 1st, 2016, 04:32 AM
Rainy day here too, Kim. But it's not a typical rainfall. Overcast all day and then the sky opens up and comes down in intense buckets for 15 minutes and abruptly stops. Happened 5 times today ... and supposed to be rainy all week.

Nancy, happy to hear you got some quality baby-watching time with Sally. I did get some scrap bags when I was in Hamilton. Usually will only by them if I can see what's in the baggies. I generate enough of my own scraps and hate to get something that I don't like.

Concentrated on house straightening today so no playing with fabric today. Hope y'all stay safe and dry!

Andrea F
June 1st, 2016, 04:51 AM
Good morning owls! It's raining here on and off too and everything outside is grey.

Kim, did you sew portraits of your mom and aunt in your work? I've tried cross stitching once many years ago but I don't have the patience to do it.
Nancy, glad to hear that you got some quality time with your granddaughter. :) I haven't noticed the scrap bags yet. I'll have a look at it when I come in September. Less than four more months!!!

My son is back from Rome. He's totally enthusiastic about the city and all there is to see. He showed me a few pics on his phone and it looks amazing. Can't wait til he gets them on a stick and we can look at them on the computer or TV. He said we definitely need to go there for a visit. Well, if he says so, I guess we have to follow his advice...
I also finally got to talk to my bff yesterday. She was in hospital for a week because she had an outbreak of shingles in her face right above her eye. They had to control it in the hospital because the optic nerve is a direct pathway to the brain and in a worst case scenario someone could die from it. I'm happy she's okay now, but she definitely has to get her stress level balanced out.

Today is work and full of appointments. I don't like those days because I don't get anything else done. I want to hide in my office and turn the lights off so noone knows I'm there. ;)

kimsophia
June 1st, 2016, 05:01 AM
Andrea, these aren't portraits, just little faceless pixelated creations, sort of like iotacons: iotacons (http://iotacons.blogspot.com/)

But I am sewing portraits of my mom and me as a baby that is a photo I got translated into cross stitch here: Free cross stitch pattern maker - Stitch a photo - Pic 2 Pat (http://www.pic2pat.com/index.en.html)

My DH and I went to Rome, Pompeii and Sicily when he had to go present at a math conference. It was interesting but corrupt. Our credit card had bogus charges afterwards, the tour bus to Pompeii took you hostage and forced you to an unannounced stop at a jewelry shop...but St. Peter's Basilica is amazing...I darn near converted...lol

Andrea F
June 1st, 2016, 05:25 AM
Oh, I see. All the counting would make me crazy. I'd be very curious to see those portrais too, once they're finished. I didn't know that one could get pics translated into cross stitching patterns!

I only was to Sienna once, many years ago. I almost don't remember anything, it was only half a day or so. I went with a cousin and it was a complete fail trip. It was a weekend trip by bus and we didn't have the money to attend a trip they were offering and had to stay in that village where our hotel was. There was nothing but hotels, that's all I remember.
They offer those shopping bus tours in Turkey, too. They force you to visit several jewelry and leather shops and don't leave for the next stop until enough people bought something.
You were presenting at a math conference? What kind of job did you do? I wanted to study math after high school but life came in the way ;)

kimsophia
June 1st, 2016, 07:41 AM
Not I, but my husband had to go and sell his 3-D motion analysis computer program for his boss. And I just went with him. He hates to travel. He got very sick. He drank water out of the bathroom faucet of the plane and we later learned that testing revealed all kinds of microbes in those plane water tanks. He was sick the whole trip. Fortunately I had packed giant bags of M&M's and a box of Ritz crackers. That's all he would eat. :(