PDA

View Full Version : Exercise is hazardous to your health, stay inside and quilt!

ucarrieme
May 31st, 2016, 11:46 AM
After a restful Saturday and Sunday, Monday morning my hubby and I decided to play a round of golf. New golf course, beautiful course didn't play half bad (well, I played "Carrie golf") (it's make your rules as you play), BUT I was allergic to something on the course...grass, evergreen trees, flowers, whatever...It triggered my allergies, I was miserable the real of the day, sneezing, runny eyes, itchy throat! We went a church BBQ in the evening, everyone thought I'd crying all day. My normal go-to allergy relief wasn't working. So at 8:00 I broke down and took Benadryl and went to bed.

Benadryl did the trick but it always feels like a hang over the next morning when I didn't do any drinking.

Happy Tuesday!

Carrie

GuitarGramma
May 31st, 2016, 12:20 PM
Oh, I feel for you. I get so uncomfortable when I'm outside. I, too, think it must be allergy related.

bubba
May 31st, 2016, 08:08 PM
The pollen has been really bad this year. I take the Costco Alleclear (otc allergy pill) once a day. It's the same ingredients as Claritin and a heck of a lot cheaper. You take only one a day and the bottle has 300 pills for less than $10, so it's a screaming deal!

Glad the Benadryl helped!

alliek
May 31st, 2016, 08:19 PM
Golf course? Could be pollen or more likely fertilizer products used to determine the color of the greens. Sorry for your allergies, they can make you feel as if you have the flu.

ucarrieme
May 31st, 2016, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I think there's fertilizer I'm allergic to! This has happened before during and after a golf game!

Kat Smith
June 1st, 2016, 12:26 AM
I was finding that antihistamine were not working for me when I took them to go to my SIL's (allergic to dogs). So I asked the pharmacists one day for a better one. He told me that if you know you are going to be exposed take the day before, the day of, and the day after the exposure for the best results.

Snip Snip
June 1st, 2016, 06:01 PM
I have seasonal allergies and have to take citerizine or generic Allegra. I discovered after years of taking it that benedryl (diphenhydramine) contributes to restless leg syndrome. So I don't take that at night anymore. I hate those jumpy legs!

Simply Quilting
June 1st, 2016, 06:10 PM
Another thing could be all the various weed killers that they use to keep it looking weed free.

Sandy Navas
June 1st, 2016, 09:26 PM
I'm glad you are feeling better, but aside from the relief, do you have a printed copy of the Carrie Rules of Golf?

ucarrieme
June 2nd, 2016, 01:12 AM
Carrie golf rules are...Carrie makes the rules as she plays the game. If she doesn't like hole she can skip it, she can pick up her ball and moved it if she wants, and most importantly she never keeps score! Carrie golf is played to have fun not get stressed out.

ucarrieme
June 2nd, 2016, 01:14 AM
My husband does play by the rules, but occasionally will play by Carrie rules. We are on the golf course to spend time together and have fun.