PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday here I come

Blondie
May 31st, 2016, 07:13 AM

Hello Folksies!

Are you up and at 'em yet?? Y'all know what an early riser I am. I am just sitting down and taking a break. After a pleasant long weekend of bbq, rainshowers, baby kisses, weeding, laundry, baby kisses and more of the same, hubs returned to work a bit ago.

So I was doing some cleaning this morning and found out that I have not one, not two, but THREE extra bottles of fabric softener! Why? I have NO clue. Anyway, I wanted to put them in the cabinet over the dryer. The shelf was too low, I needed to move it up one notch.
Get up on the step ladder and lean all over the dryer. (I am my Mother's daughter after all) Dang thing won't budge, there's some kind of weird locky type thing holding the shelf in place. What the heckfire shoot?? How do I deal with that?? GOOGLE!!!!
Found out I have to flatten out the top part while pushing up from the bottom, while pushing the shelf all the way in the opposite direction from where I am. Yeah. I get a butter knife and after some fighting I got the front one on the right out. Now, here's where I realize I screwed up. Now I have to lean even further over the dryer to get to that back one. Butter knife won't work, because I can't get it centered right. I'm almost falling off the step ladder. While I'm screwing around with the back right, the front right pops back into place. Oh hellsbells!
I rest. I try again....with a steak knife. Wider blade. After some doing, and losing my footing to the point where I was hanging off the top of the dryer trying to find the step ladder with my foot that can't feel anything, I got those suckers popped off and moved the shelf up. Took me almost 2 hours to do this.
I was exhausted. The dryer probably was, too.

Hope y'all take this day to rest up as I will. I may try to squeeze some sewing in so I can try to get the kitchen finished soon!

Monique
May 31st, 2016, 07:37 AM
Oh Blondie, sounds like a page out of my book.

WELL, I also had quite the afternoon. After work I picked some rhubarb, came home and needed to do laundry. I put air in my tank because it is waterlogged. Turn washer on, hearing some not so normal sounds. Check water, pump is running but no water. Okay, turn off machine, check water, it has lost its prime. Worked and worked and worked at it, NO LUCK!! Oh and I knock a box over that has glass jars and a bunch break. My hand has two little cuts. OYE!! Okay after the pirate talk, time to call my buddy Mike!. TWO desparate calls and a drive to his place, he comes. Might as well change that tap at the toilet while the water is shut off. So that gets done. Might as well change the pressure tank while the water is shut off. That gets done. Working on getting the nut off the pump and there is no way it is coming off. NOT GOOD!! So he works at it, and I suggest we turn the pump on and see what happens. Well lo and behold, the water comes back, praise the LORD!! He will have to come back and try to get that nut off at some point. OH MY G! everything is working again. Mike won't take payment, I offer supper but he declines, I offer a beer, he takes it for the ride. (I know, I know)! So to finish the laundry would seem pretty simple right? NOT!! Front load machine doesn't have just spin cycle. So I set the machine to rinse and spin. Ends up too much water, machine won't work right, take out wet clothes and water, no. Reset machine to wash all over again. Okay until about 34 minutes left, machine doesn't do what it is supposed to. Okay take out more clothes, take out more until machine starts working again, add more until all complete. Only took about 2 hours. I was hanging it outside but the black flies got the better of me, I threw the rest in the dryer. Off to bed.

Work until 1. I have a hair appointment at 5. We will see what this afternoon brings.

Have a great day friends.

Blondie
May 31st, 2016, 07:43 AM
Oh Monique! Yes, we truly are sisters, lol. I am so not techonology or mechanically inclined. What seems so simple to me in my mind is always the opposite in reality.

Carol336
May 31st, 2016, 08:10 AM
My goodess, Lucy and Ethel have given me a good laugh this am!!!! I have mental picture of you two - one on top of the dryer, tools in hand, and the other trying to hang sopping wet clothes while fighting off black flies.....thanks girls!!!!

I have to go to court today - a few weeks ago I had a little fender bender - seems I sideswipped a State Police car while making a lane change. Was not texting or talking on the phone....didn't even have the radio on...just flat out didn't see him until the last second. I quickly swerved back in my lane, but not before grazing his front left quarter panel. Now mind you the marks on my car were easily buffed out by DH, so I doubt the damage to his car was very bad...he didn't let me get out of his car because we were pulled over in a dangerous area, so I didn't see his damage. I was charged 130.00 and 3 points. I requested a waiver hearing to get rid of the points....didn't figure there was any point to fight the charges given who I hit - LOL.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day

MRoy
May 31st, 2016, 08:23 AM
Good morning! Bless your hearts ladies! Carol, I hope you can get the points off waived. I almost rear-ended a state detective's car once. I got stopped in time but he kept looking in his rear-view mirror. He happens to be a friend of mine and I was embarrassed. He got me good a couple of days later when he showed up at my work and announced he was there to see me. The receptionist made a point to tell me loudly on the intercom that State Detective (insert name) was there to see me. He came into my little office and shut the door and I suspect everyone else gathered in the hall outside listening. Turns out my buddy was just checking to make sure I was okay (and trying to embarrass me again!). LOL!

I'm headed for guild sit-n-sew this afternoon. We usually meet on Monday, but our meeting site was closed yesterday for Memorial day. Wishing all a great day!

Cathy F
May 31st, 2016, 08:51 AM
Blondie you and Monique gave me my chuckle of the day! I've had one or two of those days in the past where whatever I touched didn't turn out very well.
Yesterday started with rain but thankfully it cleared for our BBQ although I can't say the sun cooperated. We had our son, daughter in law and grandkids over, grilled up hamburgers, and sausage, made salads, and topped it all off with cupcakes!

Not much on my schedule today hopefully a haircut, and a quick trip to the quilt shop as I don't have the right light colored fabric I need for my project. Hopefully I can find what I 'm looking for and finish this up.

Been here with my coffee admiring the flowers in the garden. Seems like Spring and warm weather would never arrive and now the garden is overflowing with color. Off to get my day started, wishing you all a good day.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 31st, 2016, 08:52 AM
Wow! You girls did have adventures in home maintenance this weekend.

Carol, I hope your date with the court goes well. Last Monday, on my way home from Iowa, I got stopped by the State Patrol! Turns out, he claims I didn't pull over far enough to the left to suit him as he was stopping another vehicle. I was dumbfounded by this, because I couldn't figure out why he stopped me. He must have thought I was demented because I couldn't answer his first question" what are you supposed to do when you see an emergency vehicle on the side of the road?" Slow down, pull over, hey I did that! After he checked my credentials and determined I wasn't Ma Barker on the run, he started talking about the St. Louis Cardinals! He was pleasant enough, but i was really wanting to get home, not talk about a sports team!

Fence fixing day, after 5 weeks on the waiting list, I'm getting my fence fixed that a neighbor's tree fell on. Gotta go now!

Have a great day!

Bubby
May 31st, 2016, 09:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

Today the Girls are being groomed. I will pick them up at noon. Olive was not happy about going and tried to hide in our bed under the covers. Little stinker, she needs to find a new place to hide. She thinks that if she can't see us, we can't see her. That's scottie logic for you.

Monique, you and Blondie are a pair to draw to...what a hoot!

I'm getting off here to catch up the laundry and change our bed. Wishing everyone a great day!!!!!

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 31st, 2016, 09:43 AM
Hi good morning and good Tuesday everyone, Blondie seems to love hard work but be careful because a fall can be very dangerous, any way as you explain it seems to be smiling but Im asking for care and monique our machines are a bit capricious and sometimes have own will but it is so difficult to stop using them, I hope that already this well and continue not bothering. Well today is a quiet day just got a little iron,which is something I did not love, and then I can sew, I have to give a short jeans my granddaughter so Ill be very entertaining. Want everyone have a good day, prayers for those who need smiles and greetings

SewnByBee
May 31st, 2016, 10:38 AM
And I thought my day was bad.......lol......😮I was online , when, I lost my internet.... 😋.....it took me until the next day....to reset the connection in my tablet, .....and recover my connection, I was on my own, 😶 no one around to help fix this, in much faster time, I'm positive......... What else can you do, but get in there, and do what you can......hoping, 😏 praying, 😔 sweating, 😳.......
I am NOT technology kinda person (anymore), 😛 I did it....eventually.

I'm...Thinking...I may take a class on using my tablet.....lol.....
I found info about classes, while trying to fix my issue.....hummmm, It might be helpful in the future...... issues to come.....

You girl's make me think of Laverne & Sherly..... REMEMBER ????

I think today, I'll do some house work, I'm a bit burnt out on the whole internet thing....:icon_heh::icon_wave:

Two....Today, May 31, would be my Sweet Mom's Birthday, (it's still hard)
2014\ changed my world...2016\ too...grandma...

Mom'a "O" would've loved Reese.......I know she's watching over him.

A Mom and A Best friend, Blessed to have both from one,
Very Special Lady. Love you Mom..♡..HB..♡......Bekie.

MayinJerset
May 31st, 2016, 10:56 AM
So glad our Lucy and Ethel got their problems solved without harming themselves.

Long weekend is over and it's time to get busy although I could use another day off. Haven't heard from DGD M in CA if she received her Bday gift and that's not like her. Her 2nd child is due soon and I hope all is well. They also are moving into their new home. It was a foreclosure and since her DH is a building contractor they planed to do some remodeling. Well it became a much bigger job when they ran into mold, etc. but the finished product will be specular as his work has been featured in several architecture magazines. Their baby will be great grandchild #6!

WendyI
May 31st, 2016, 10:58 AM
The stars must have been completely out of alignment yesterday because I also had a brutal day! It was a vacation day so I thought I would head to the dump to get rid of a few things the garbage men won't take. Drove over the scale too quickly and had to back up. Then went to Bed, Bath and Beyond four times because I had to exchange things that I bought incorrectly! Missed several turns to places I needed to go. Got my car washed and it didn't come clean....and on and on the day went. Finally, around 1:30 in the afternoon I just crawled back into bed and went back to sleep!!

I was off all last week but did not really do a whole lot. Did manage to get caught up on laundry mostly but as usual it's creeping back up again! Why can't it just stay done?!

Another busy week and then I begin prepping for my 2 weeks vacation end of July. Lists, lists and more lists!

Wishing you all a fantabulous day! xox

JCY
May 31st, 2016, 11:26 AM
Nothing as exciting happening around here as what some of you gals have experienced. Hopefully Tuesday will be a better day for all. Things are low-key here. I gave myself a hair cut yest., did laundry, & sewed for an hour. I'm making progress on the Hourglass blocks for the latest baby quilt. I'm taking time each day to sort pictures for DH's DVD. I took a trip down memory lane as I sorted pics I took in England back in '98 when I visited over there. My son was in the Air Force. The thing that impressed me at the time, & even now, is how OLD things are! The cathedrals, homes, narrow streets, etc. The construction of those massive cathedrals, built without our modern methods, truly is amazing.

Time to get some breakfast & get on with my day.

SewnByBee
May 31st, 2016, 12:10 PM
Oh, Carol....Bless Your Heart... .beg for MERCY !!!, CLASSES, might help you saved from points ( driver's classes are some times a option, here ). I wouldn't want to be in your shoe's today.......GOOD LUCK....

alliek
May 31st, 2016, 01:04 PM
Ok Monique & Blondie, I know you went through a lot, but I'm still smiling (actually chuckling). NOT that I didn't feel your pain too! One never knows what the day will bring. Well for Blondie,she can look forward to baby kisses, which are the best. I just hope, for this household, and the family connections, Just be a smooth, unadventurous day, pleeeeeeese.:icon_calm:

rebeccas-sewing
May 31st, 2016, 01:19 PM
Note to self: DO NOT drink alcohol while on antibiotics. We had twelve for dinner on Sunday. I made Sangria which was delicious. I totally forgot about the no alcohol policy while on these meds. By 11 p.m. I was feeling so poorly I had to say goodnight to our guests while they continued to party.

This has been going on for ten days with one failed attempt to get in to see a doctor. With some frustration in my attempt to see someone I finally made it to urgent care. I was beginning to panic, wondering how I could possibly manage leaving for a ten-day trip to do some touring with my sister. It seems that I have developed diverticulitis. The symptoms are no fun. All I have to say is thank goodness for antibiotics. I often wonder what the scenario would be if they didn't exist. I guess many of us would be six feet under by now. That's a lovely thought for the day. hahaha

By the way, I'm feeling much better. Sounds like a number of us have been having some frustrating moments. I'm glad yours have not been the same as mine. I wouldn't want any of you to end up with this.

Simply Quilting
May 31st, 2016, 01:21 PM
Good Morning! Nothing to exciting going on here. I went to an auction on Saturday. There was a treadle sewing machine - nice looking Singer Red Eye 66 in a 6 drawer cabinet. At the Friday night preview, I had gotten the serial number and came home to look up about it. I didn't bid on it. There was an older couple and an gentleman who were bidding on it. I got the feeling that they were family of the lady whose auction it was. Turns out they were so I am glad that I didn't bid. I did pick up a few other small things at the auction.

Then on Sunday afternoon, I met with a lady who had a hand quilting frame for sale. Of course, for those who are not quilters, they don't realize a hand quilting frame can come in so many different sizes. I had hoped this was one of the large hoops on a stand but it was an antique sit down pole frame that can hold a king size quilt. For no more than what she wanted and the fact that I can sit down to work on the quilt, the frame works for me. My grandma's quilt frame is one that is so tall that you have to stand to quilt. And I remember many times of her tying quilts and I played under the quilt frame.

Yesterday was working up farm fresh strawberries. When we were finished, we ended up with 22 pounds to freeze plus people had ate on some strawberries while we were fixing them. So we can check strawberries off the food prep list for the year. Next up will probably be corn in about a month.

Have a great day everyone :)

Carol336
May 31st, 2016, 04:14 PM
Praise God - For some unknown reason my case was not on the court docket - but I had my paper telling me that it was on for today at 1:15....so the judge threw it out - NOT GUILTY - NO POINTS - NO FINE!!!! I was gonna tell him I had friends in high places praying for me today - but didn't want to push my luck.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes everyone.

judimccl
May 31st, 2016, 08:27 PM
Oh my, the pictures this put in my mind lol. :icon_wave:

Cokie
May 31st, 2016, 09:48 PM
Praise God - For some unknown reason my case was not on the court docket - but I had my paper telling me that it was on for today at 1:15....so the judge threw it out - NOT GUILTY - NO POINTS - NO FINE!!!! I was gonna tell him I had friends in high places praying for me today - but didn't want to push my luck.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes everyone.

Yeah! Not even gonna ask how that happened, just happy for the good outcome for you!! :D