PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hooting, Night Owls!

kimsophia
May 31st, 2016, 01:45 AM
Hoot whoot woo! Warriors win!!! :D But OKC played some great basketball! Boy oh boy! Exciting!!!

I baked up another Sour Cream Apple cake this evening from the recipes section. DH likes apple flavor better than chocolate so we're both happy.

No sewing yet but I may get some cross stitching in. I'm having some wine to celebrate. How are the owls and larks? Hoot your news! :)

stationarymom
May 31st, 2016, 02:26 AM
Hoot hoot I'll have to look up that recipe it sounds good.We had a fairly quiet weekend this weekend.We had friends stop in here and there but no big gatherings.Tonight we cooked out I marinaded steaks and made potato salad and corn.My son made seven layer bars .so everyone ate well.Kim I don't know how you cross stitch late at night,I'm lucky to see in the day time (my eyes aren't what they used to be)

kimsophia
May 31st, 2016, 02:35 AM
Oh, I have an Ottlite and halogen lamp over me, and a very bright chandelier across the room :)

Judy, USMC
May 31st, 2016, 03:24 AM
We were really lucky - the rain hit at night and early morning. So the neighbors' cookouts went as planned under beautiful Carolina blue skies.

Did a bit of shopping and stopped and picked up some hot dogs at a takeout restaurant called Cook Out. I know it's cheating but they do open-fire grill their food. We only do it on Memorial Day - got rid of our grill years ago.

Spent a good portion of the day thinking about the true meaning of Memorial Day. And sorry to read about the family losses experienced by our forum members. Stay safe y'all....

Andrea F
May 31st, 2016, 03:32 AM
Good morning! Just a quick hello this morning as I'm a little bit in a hurry. I've signed up for an all day workshop at work. I wish I hadn't because I don't really have time for it. I just talked to Thomas, he arrived safely in Shanghai, and our older son comes home from Rome this evening. Everything is in order :)