PDA

View Full Version : Dog accessiories to sell for charity.

Moysy
May 30th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Does anyone have some original ideas for me to make for our 'FUN' local dog show next week please. I have made loads of embroidered blankets and bandanas but would like something else as well but my brain has gone into meltdown. I have an embroidery machine and lots of friends who will help me sew. I am helping to raise money for our local park. Its the only green space here in the middle of our city but under threat from investment builders. Why dont the powers in charge know that kids need to climb trees and roll down hills and have a little unsupervised fun at times.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, X
Moyna X

K. McEuen
May 30th, 2016, 06:07 PM
How about little doggy poo clean-up bag carriers? There is a tutorial for a tiny pouch that is free that a little roll of the poo bags will fit in. You can add a clip and carry it on your belt loop or even clip it to the dogs collar if they are big enough. Let me look for the tutorial and I will be back with a link.

Here is the pattern link, it is free. http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/accessory/teeny-tiny-zipper-coin-purse/88163

Bubby
May 30th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Try contacting RFREE via pm. She makes wonderful dog accessories and she's totally creative. Her name is Rhonda.

Deegles
May 30th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Doggie bandannas. People love to accessorize their dogs.

Hulamoon
May 30th, 2016, 06:34 PM
How about dog treats. There are lot's of recipes out there. This seller has some fun molds.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/207056001/15-cavity-dog-bone-pet-cake-mold?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=dog&ref=sr_gallery_24

CraftHer
May 30th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Pillow case. I made one for my dog and it's adorable. You maybe can personalize or embroider sayings on them. Perhaps something like "Who Rescued Who?" or "Always Kiss Your Dog Goodnight".

It went together pretty quick. Here's a link to the tutorial I used. French Seam Pillowcase Set in Under 30 Minutes-Tutorial - Smashed Peas & Carrots (http://smashedpeasandcarrots.com/french-seam-pillowcase-set-in-under-30-minutes-tutorial/). There's a bunch of them out there.

Here's my Mocha trying to sleep while I'm taking pictures :)

Hulamoon
May 30th, 2016, 09:13 PM
This is a fun one. I made one before, but just put an empty water bottle in a sock.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/173810866847785961/

snippet
May 30th, 2016, 10:29 PM
What about making doggie Christmas stockings? Make them like a big bone with a pocket to put goodies in.

stationarymom
May 31st, 2016, 01:52 AM
Dog vest,jackets,raincoats.blankets,pillows(our dog always sleeps with his head resting on something)

baskets4deb
May 31st, 2016, 03:04 AM
Bandanas always seemed to slide around and were more like bibs on my lab so I made scrunchies instead. They would slip right over her head and fit over her collar and I made them for all the holidays.

Pandabear
May 31st, 2016, 10:23 PM
I've seen dogs wearing rain boots. How cute would that be?

grammaterry
June 1st, 2016, 11:23 AM
while taking a walk with my daughters dog, the neighbors had little signs on the edge of their hedges that said cute sayings like "take what your pet leaves " .

Cool Breeze Quilter
June 1st, 2016, 12:41 PM
Sew Doggie Style (staring adorable Sebastian) has super cute dog things that she makes for him. If you look at the top of her blog you will see a tab for things that she has made to benefit her local dog shelter (Sebastian is a rescue I believe.) She has tutorials showing how to make these cute things to help other shelters.

Sew DoggyStyle: Craft for Shelters (http://www.sewdoggystyle.com/p/craft-for-shelters.html)

Moysy
June 1st, 2016, 07:12 PM
Thank you all for your replies, some lovely ideas and although I am running out of time for Saturday because of abbysitting duties, I will certainly be starting to make a lot of different items in time for our Christmas sale. :D.

CraftHer, is that is Vizsla asleep on her pillowcase?. We lost 2 dogs last year, a 15+ year old Scottie, and a 12 1/2 year old Vizsla, the Vizzy loved his pillows, he used to suck them like a dummy (soother), I am just so glad I had my sewing to keep my mind occupied. Got another young Vizzy now, she is a total gem, mad, but a gem. So happy to have her.

CraftHer
June 1st, 2016, 08:22 PM
Thank you all for your replies, some lovely ideas and although I am running out of time for Saturday because of abbysitting duties, I will certainly be starting to make a lot of different items in time for our Christmas sale. :D.

CraftHer, is that is Vizsla asleep on her pillowcase?. We lost 2 dogs last year, a 15+ year old Scottie, and a 12 1/2 year old Vizsla, the Vizzy loved his pillows, he used to suck them like a dummy (soother), I am just so glad I had my sewing to keep my mind occupied. Got another young Vizzy now, she is a total gem, mad, but a gem. So happy to have her.

He's a chocolate lab. He loves sleeping with his head up and his back leg tucked up under his chin. When I'm sewing he'll lay behind my chair and get bits of thread and fabric on him. So sweet. We're hoping to get another lab this summer. So sorry to hear about you losses.

baskets4deb
June 2nd, 2016, 12:17 AM
He's a chocolate lab.\

Labs are the best!