PDA

View Full Version : not so early bird today

Andrea F
May 30th, 2016, 05:58 AM
Good morning!

I hope everone's weekend was fine. Mine was nice until I overlooked the last two steps on the stairs yesterday. I'm not really sure what exactly happened but I kinda got stuck with my little toe in my Birkenstock sandal and fell with a loud boom over the whole side of my leg on the tiles. I had a basket with laundry in one hand and some dishes in the other hand that were scattered all over the place. The little toe is blue and black now but surprisingly there's no hematoma on my leg. It also doesn't hurt as long as I walk bare feet. Hopefully I can put a shoe on tomorrow when I have to go to work :)

We went to the fabric market on Saturday and I bought a little bit of fabric, some jerseys for shirts and two batiks, as well as a few zippers.

Have a nice day and beware of dangerous steps :)

Monique
May 30th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Andrea, trying taping the two toes together, it might help.

Good morning friends. Yes Monday morning. This is a big week for me, as I work all week. I had a busy weekend, with the Relay for Life Saturday night. Our little corner of the world raised a whopping $120, 775. Amazing that such a small community raises so much.

Yesterday Les and I took a little drive to Morrisburg, Ontario to a flea market. I bought a shirt and a little toy sewing machine. This is also where Upper Canada Village is situated Eastern Ontario Morrisburg Historical Attractions Plan Your Visit - St. Lawrence Parks Commission (http://www.uppercanadavillage.com/) It is a village from the olden days. Everything is done the old way, no electricity kind of things. A wonderful place to visit. I would like to take Maizyn in August maybe. Jean, another place to visit when you are so close by.

We also had a wonderful dinner Friday night with Les' brother and sister-in-law.

Well off to warsh myself and get ready for work. Have a wonderful day friends. Hopefully no vicious storms forecast for your areas.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 30th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Hi friends! Andrea, wow! You were describing your fall and I was feeling your pain! It takes a while to get through the aches from a fall like that! Your poor toe! But the fabric market sounds like a fabric lover's dream come true! Klasien mentions a market near her home and it sounds so interesting!

My costumer friend and I are getting through our list of 1920's dresses we need to make for our show. We need to hit it hard this week to try to get it all finished. We did some thrift store shopping yesterday at a newly opened thrift store. I love this store, they have several locations in our city, their stuff is clean and neatly organized, and good prices. They had a grand opening special, if you bought $30 or more worth of stuff, it was all half price! So we found a lot of good things we could use for costume pieces with a little bit of modification!

Have a great day!

peggiep
May 30th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Morning everyone! I missed the forum last week because I was at a lovely resort in the Georgian Bay area of Ontario, where I spent the week with a friend quilting and visiting the quilt stores in the area! What a wonderful time. Found some great fabric at Country Concessions in Cookstown, ON and patterns that I had never seen before. Needless to say, my budge got busted! The weather was perfect and I also managed to complete a few WIPs (works in progress) before we came home yesterday. Now, I just have to wait for a rainy day to get some new projects underway.

Andrea, I feel your pain. I did the same thing a couple of years ago and Monique's suggestion worked for me then.

Jean, I think your designs are amazing and I wish you luck with your show.

Monique, have a great week at work. I am so glad I don't have to think about that anymore.

To all those who follow, hope you manage to do something today you enjoy!

Cheers

MayinJerset
May 30th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Not an early bird either, had a bad dream in the middle of the night and it took quite awhile to get back to sleep. Woke up at 9am feeling better and rested so after I finish my coffee I'll get my day going.

Rain, rain go away lots of people want to have an outdoor BBQ or go to the beach. DH and I just want to get the house in order and maybe do our long put off big grocery shopping. We attended a BBQ on Saturday and really try to avoid The Shore on weekends because of the heavy traffic. Town's pool club opened this weekend and it was packed, it was hot and muggy and everyone seemed to be enjoying taking a dip in one of the 3 pools.

Andrea hope your toe and leg feel better by now. The fabric market looks like a great place to send the day.

Lyndaj
May 30th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Andrea, if you can, tape it to the toe next to it to buddy it up. You might be wearing sandals for a bit, if you can at work.

Monday sunny morning here in the Greater Toronto Area. It took me a second to realize why most of the posts here this morning are from my fellow Canadians... because it's Memorial Day in the US. Happy Memorial Day to everyone in the US.

I dusted off my Janome yesterday after not sewing since Tuesday when I finished the quilts. Made a Sweetpea Pod for the lady who I bought my Quilt Cut from. Had to send her something since she sold it at such a low price. Couldn't convince her to charge me more.

I need to make something for Friday when I meet one of the most inspirational women (at least to me). Kathrine Switzer. For those of you who don't know, she was the first woman to officially run the Boston Marathon. This was 1967 when the race was a men's only race as it was generally thought that women couldn't run further than 1500 meters because our uterus would fall out (not joking)! She snuck into the race using her initials (K.V.) to register. When the race organizer found out there was a woman on his race course he tried to pull off her number. If you aren't wearing a number, you're not in the race. There are many photos of this and her boyfriend who was running next to her protected her. It took a further 5 years for women to be accepted in the race. At any rate, need to make something for her. Thinking.

Have a great day folks.

SewnByBee
May 30th, 2016, 02:35 PM
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY,
" THANK YOU "
TO ALL OUR MEN AND WOMEN.....SERVING, AND PROTECTING THE USA...
Good Morning Friends,
Andrea.....OUCH.... Itoo suggested tape...it also helps to hold it even with the other's, so it doesn't droop, and protects it too. It will heal more accurate in addition. ((( Hugs ))....the pics are grate, I've not seen a sale like this before. Now I'll be on the look for one......thanks for sharing.

Yesterday, we had a small but nice family gathering. I like that kind of low key, ......kid's playing in the yard with the waterhose , while we sit under the shade tree, laughing at them. Eating hot dogs, catching up with everyone and their busy lives. One day when everything, can just , slows down, for just a little while........ Gotta make some members, SOMETIMES....time gets gone so fast.......my nephews, now 5 and 1 1\2, my niece's, now 5 and 2 ish, My grandson already 3 weeks old. I'm glad they'll, grow up together.
I find it amazing, how blessed we are having all these youngens, coming along, giving, our family, happiness, and joy again.
Like only children, can do.☺

Have a Blessed Day EVERYONE :icon_wave:

Dollyquilts
May 30th, 2016, 02:51 PM
Andrea, have you tried your Birks again? I one time sprained my plantar tendons in the bottom of my foot and it didn't hurt as long as I wore the shoe I had the mishap in. I caught the heel in a carpet mat and kept going forward. Hope it feels better soon and you weren't more seriously injured.

Dolly

judimccl
May 30th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Hope your foot feels better quick. Amazing how those stairs can get us even though we know they are there lol :icon_wave:

bubba
May 30th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Oh Andrea.....I'm feeling your pain too! Oh wait....maybe that is my pain I am feeling!! Sounds like your toe is broken :( I'm still unable to wear a shoe on my right foot because of my toe. It's the one next to the big toe, still scabbed, bruised and it looks swollen to me, but they swear it's not broken. My should seems to be doing better until I use or sleep on it.

I think I need to come over for the fabric market!!! That looks like fun!

Sandy Navas
May 30th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Sending Andrea a special hug and asking that she not try to follow in Pat's footsteps!!

bubba
May 30th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Sending Andrea a special hug and asking that she not try to follow in Pat's footsteps!!

For sure!!!!!!!

Andrea F
May 31st, 2016, 03:27 AM
Thanks girls! The toe feels a lot better, walking in Birkis works without any pain and I'll try the tape before I put the shoes on. I'll also take the Birkis with me to work, just in case, so I can change shoes if the sneakers hurt. Might look a bit funny though.

Oh dear, Pat, I'm sorry your toe still hurts. I try not to follow in your footsteps. Yes, come over and we can hobble over the fabric market together. That would be fun(ny)! ;)