PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning

Ginny B
May 29th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Happy Sunday. So our plans have changed. We are not going to the Air Show. We woke up early as planned but dh said he really didn't want to deal with the crowds today. So, instead, we will stay home and enjoy our yard. We do have more work that needs to be done out there but I don't want to spend the whole day working. Maybe spread the mulch or clean out the last part of the fenceline. My new plans will include some time in my studio.😀 The weather forecast is now saying we may get some rain tomorrow so I see some sewing time then too.

Have a great day everyone.

oldsewer
May 29th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Good morning Ginny. Dressed and ready to head off to church shortly, then home to watch the Indy 500 on tv. Have leftover meatloaf in the frig, so lunch is easy. Some storms may be coming through, and although we need the rain, I hope they hold off until the race is over, and all those thousands of visitors get a chance to head out. Your day sounds good, hope you can relax a little. Sharon

Lyndaj
May 29th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Good morning. I crawled out of bed at 10:30 which NEVER happens. I always feel like half the day is gone when I do that.

I think it's time to say hello to my sewing machine following finishing and sending the three quilts on Tuesday. Need to make another sweetpea pod to send to someone. Am thinking about making my first tote bag. On that note, does anyone know what firm batting is? Is that the same as fusible fleece?

Have a great day folks.

Bubby
May 29th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Morning Ginny & Everyone,

We're having a slow day. One of our neighbors dropped by for a nice visit. We did a little yard work and I spent some time in the sewing room. I hemmed the binding on a table runner and have it done at last.

We will be grilling brats and hotdogs today and I will make baked beans and whatever else tickles our fancy.

Wishing everyone a very happy Memorial Weekend.

mario1360
May 29th, 2016, 01:22 PM
love love baked beans.....Good Sunday, pretty quiet here today. We were expecting thunderstorms yesterday and today but they do not materialize. Sky is navy blue right now...I love thstorms. Went to the quilt show in Montreal and saw amazing things. Have a blessed Sunday.

Granny Judy
May 29th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Here it is.. late afternoon before I can fire up the compute (beast) and get moving. Had cataract surgery on my right eye.. now done with that ordeal.. and I am here with out glasses and no nose against the screen!! What a miraculous difference!!

I still don't have peripheral vision, but I no longer have to look thru frosted window panes. I am hoping I can get some hand sewing done now... Thanks to this clearer vision.

I think we are grilling out tomorrow. tonight we have tacos. And I don't have to do the Cooking! Maybe have a mess to clean up, but it's a good trade off. And we've finally turned the air on. It's been in the middle 80's around here all week and I've been using a fan where ever I land. Got to have a fan in every room. LOL.

ceiliam
May 29th, 2016, 08:44 PM
If you are making a tote I would use something like soft and sable, or MSQC sells something like it just can't think of name right now

Tracy14
May 30th, 2016, 03:01 AM
Hi,

I am getting like that too, just hate going to placed with load of people. It was a cool 4 degrees here in Australia this morning for us Thats cold for us. lol. I went to spotlight (a fabric shop). Picked up some fabric I need to finish a quilt for my daughter. Then house cleaning and then repotted some plants. I am all new to gardening but having fun learning about plants. I have killed a few things but its getting better. Helps looking up on the net what a certain plant needs. lol

Plans tomorrow is to do some more work on my quilt. :)

bubba
May 30th, 2016, 04:03 AM
I think it's time to say hello to my sewing machine following finishing and sending the three quilts on Tuesday. Need to make another sweetpea pod to send to someone. Am thinking about making my first tote bag. On that note, does anyone know what firm batting is? Is that the same as fusible fleece?

What pattern are you planning on making? I use 987F when I do Bow Tucks, but one of the foam products when I do the Professional Tote. It just depends what type finish you are looking for.