PDA

View Full Version : Saturday!

Monique
May 28th, 2016, 08:07 AM
I don't usually post on the weekends BUT I had a great day yesterday. I did some quilting at work, LOL!! but did not have time to get the sewing machine out of the van. I went shopping instead. I needed a few things for dinner that Les had forgotten to get. It was my boss's birthday so I got her a little something and left it on her desk.

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law were over for dinner and what a dinner we had. Steak and potatoes on the BBQ, asparagus, scallops (to die for), mushrooms and onions. It was so good. Great food and great company, you sure can't beat that.

I work this morning until noon and then later off to Relay for Life. Not sure if I will make it all night but I will give it a try.

I was showing my sister-in-law Maizyn's butterfly quilt and she wants one identical but bigger of course. I guess I may need to shop sooner rather than later. LOL!! She loves the colors.

Well off I go. Have a wonderful day everyone. Enjoy your day and safe travels for those on the road/air/boat, whatever your means of travel are.

MayinJerset
May 28th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Good morning. Enjoying my breakfast coffee than then off to begin getting ready for BBQ this afternoon at our DGD Catherine's.
Supposed to be a warm day in the 80's so that's good. Need to get some veggies cut for the red pepper humus I made and we're all set to go. Enjoy the long weekend.

quiltingtrish
May 28th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Good morning! It looks like a beautiful day and am thinking of hitting up the Penn State Extension Office plant sale a town away this morning. They have super prices and I could use a few plants for the pots I fill every year.

Son #2 is moving back in today for a few weeks until the sale of a home he and his girlfriend are hoping to get goes through. He also has a new computer for me and I think I am going to have him set up the whole cha-bang in the room he will move in and out of which will get lots of desk clutter out of my living room and hopefully entice me to not get on the internet as much which means more quilting.

A family picnic on Monday - for the 1st time in 21 years it is not here but at my brother-in-laws. We switched holiday picnic dates since DH pulled his back muscles and didn't feel like the outside would be ready for family until July. Having Odie home for a couple of weeks will be nice as he will help him with that stuff.

1 1/2 more days of school and I have summer projects lined up. Rearranging the living room and tackling the bedroom are the 2 biggest projects. Major cleanout in the bedroom and if I feel the urge to repaint it and move the heavy dressers, that will happen too. Surely needs a redo of some sort.

Better hit the plant sale - love all the gorgeous flowers as much as I love quilting.

rebeccas-sewing
May 28th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Good Morning! I see you're very busy, Monique. I discovered these really great sliding discs to put under the legs of furniture. It's amazing the heavy pieces of furniture I can move on my own. If you don't have any you should see if your hardware store carries them. Worth their weight in gold.

It's very early and I'm not quite ready for this day to begin. Lots of cooking to do. My older daughter and her boyfriend arrived a day early. Not what I was expecting. They were doing some on-the-road stuff on their way down here. Of course they didn't bother to make solid plans and call ahead for a hotel/motel. They ended up coming here late last night having no luck finding a place to stay. I was scrambling to clean the bathroom they will use. Not something one feels like doing at 9:30 p.m. On the positive side that's one more thing I can check off my list.

It feels good to get the house clean, but I'd be just as happy skipping all these entertaining plans. We've been invited to someone's house for dinner tonight. So very nice of them to invite us but I could easily be very happy staying home. I swear I've turned into my parents. hahaha I often wondered why they never went anywhere. I think they just loved life at home and didn't care about get-togethers. Don't get me wrong! For the most part, I dread the idea of going out, but I always end up having a good time. I'm sure that will be the case this weekend.

MayinJerset
May 28th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Go ahead Rebecca and take the invitation for dinner tonight, you are sure to have good time and also not have to cook!

SewnByBee
May 28th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Happy Saturday everyone.

....lol...Rebecca, I hear you, hoisting, is not my thing, right now.....maybe latter.....getting an invite, sounds perfect........I still have a lot to do to feel OK about having company at this time......

I love flower's, and plant's,...... we are having to scrap the pool this year........sad,sad,sad,.......but it's done fore. Not sure about putting up another one.
I have to fill my planter's, and get some blooms happening..... makes everything look better.

Moving furniture...... I put washcloths under the legs, slides great on hardwood.

Going to see my grand baby in a little bit. He's the sweetest baby. I'm so glad he's finally here.

..........Have a wonderful weekend ♡ ♡ ♡

Cokie
May 28th, 2016, 02:09 PM
I had plans to go to Amish country today but my DS got called in to work and needed to use my car. DH is also working, both of them working until about 9:30-10 p.m. so I have the house to myself all afternoon/evening. It's in the high 80's here and I don't handle the heat/humidity too well so I'll wait until it's cooler to get outside. Guess I'll stay inside in the air conditioning and do some sewing. I have a border to finish adding to a quilt top and just got some fabric from M* today to make some tote bags for my nieces. Glad I made the run to JoAnn's yesterday to get the batting and stabilizer for them. It's awful to be forced to stay at home and sew - LOL!

Hope you all have a great Saturday. Enjoy your get-togethers, and Bee, give that little guy an extra hug from me.

Bubby
May 28th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Hi Everyone, Jeff and I had an early appointment in Cuba this morning to resolve a tenant issue. We got home about an hour ago and we plan to chill the rest of the day. It's a glorious day weatherwise. Enjoy your weekend!!