PDA

View Full Version : Friday at last

Monique
May 27th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Good morning friends. Up and about as I work today. Well, work, sew and quilt. Yeah is me. I have my projects ready to take with me.

I worked until 2 and by the time I got home it was 3. Not much time to do much of anything. I was getting stuff ready to take with me today. I have a top all cut out and ready to sew so I was making sure I had all I needed. Two pieces needed interfacing. OOPS better get that done.

I made Les and I a big supper last night. I am getting away from cooking when he is not around. Made meat patties, mashed potatoes, cauliflower, corn on the cob, mushroom gravy. A meal fit for king and queen. I have enough left over for today's lunch. While talking with my sister-in-law last night, we invited them over for dinner tonight. They are bringing dinner and Les is cooking. Steaks and scallops. I can taste them already.

I had a fitful sleep last night. Strange dreams. Thankfully I was able to get back to sleep. I work tomorrow until noon and then the Relay in the evening. Sunday will be a write off. And then back to work on Monday. It is making me tired as we speak.

My American friends, have yourselves and wonderful and safe long weekend. Enjoy it to the fullest, no matter what your plans are.

Bubby
May 27th, 2016, 07:49 AM
Morning Everyone,

Our storms were quite bad last night. We had to put the Girls in bed with us because Dottie gets frantic over thunder. She wanted to lay on top of me and every time it thundered she barked like crazy. So that was our sleepless night.... This is supposed to go on until next Thursday. I will try to take a nap today at some point but Jeff has to work.

I made shrimp scampi for dinner yesterday and it was so good. There are never any leftovers when we have this.

We have to go to Cuba tomorrow but then the rest of the weekend is ours. Wishing everyone a safe and fun weekend.

Hugs, Barb

seaturtle
May 27th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Morning, y'all,

I have a hot date today with this dapper young man. 131092 He's our youngest GS.

He "graduates" from kindergarten today, so then we are off to see the Jungle Book and eat lots of popcorn (and ruin our teeth!). We've already lost our shoes, so I guess the teeth are next.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Stay safe and love the ones you're with!

songbird857
May 27th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Monique - that dinner sounds yummy!!
Barb - stay safe :)
Cindy - oh boy, your gs looks like a charmer ;)

So, yesterday, I saw an ad on craigslist for a patio table. We have been using 2 small (1 square, 1 round) in our yard for years - we've been looking to get a larger, rectangular one for a while now. I called the lady with the set and said that I would be there at noon and leave a deposit so my hubby could pick it up later. It was a good deal and I knew it wouldn't last. She said that was fine.
When I arrived - at noon - with my daughter the conversation went something like this...
Me: Hi, I'm here about the patio set
Her: (blank stare)
Me: (uh. oh. bad feeling) Um, I'm Norma - we spoke and you said I could leave a deposit??
Her: Oh (expletive), This lady came a few minutes before you got here and I thought it was you - her name was Lauren!
Me: Um. ok. ........

So I got back in my car, venting while I drove over the mountain back to the highway... then my daughter and I decided that if that one wasn't ours, then God just had something better in mind...
I went to Home Depot and bought my plants with the $$ that I had brought as a deposit ;)

Sooo..... last night I was periodically checking craigslist and saw an ad for a set (closer to my house and 1/2 the price of the first one!!!) I jumped on it, emailed the woman, she emailed me back - it's mine. She took the listing down :) We'll pick it up this afternoon because she wanted to powerwash it for us first.... LOL

So, today I will be planting things (Pink Lemonade Blueberries, for one!!), and picking up a patio set later....
I hope everyone has a great day - hugs.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 27th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Happy Friday to all, Monique is here and lunch and stews seem so appetizing, so soon IŽll have to sit down and eat. songbird it seems that the lady who wanted to sell the yard game was somewhat egoist and had little respect for the given word, but it seems that finally you have got something as good and better price, congratulations, I today I have a somewhat tired day because I had to go to my daughterŽs house at 8am, and for me that is very early, because I am somewhat noctambula and before 3 am not sleep, my DH takes almost 5 hours when I arrive, they say customs are difficult to remove and when I was the restaurant I was the one who closed the business and my sister opened it in the morning, so the night for me is the most quiet moment,but today I think IŽll have to do a little nap to rest. Well longer tern because between the desire to eat,thanks to Monique and dream that strikes me is getting late, I send greetings, smiles and many wishes that everyone has a wonderful weekend

JCY
May 27th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Cloudy here this a.m. We had a thunderstorm yest. afternoon with small hail--not quite pea-sized, but large enough to bounce in the grass when it hit. A few leaves shredded. Other areas got 1-2" hail! Bad tornadoes in KS, the next state E. of us. There were tornado warnings in part of eastern CO. yest. It's that time of year for this type of weather pattern. It snowed in the mts.

Gr. Dau's ultrasound yest. shows she's having a boy. The baby is due in Oct. Big bro. will be 3 y.o. by then.

I hope everyone has a good wk.-end.

rebeccas-sewing
May 27th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Good Morning! I'm up early today (6:30 a.m.). Lots to do before Sunday. Norma, that situation sounds like it was in your favor in the end. Cindy, your GS is rockin' that outfit! Such a little man! Congrats, JCY!

Cokie
May 27th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Good morning everyone - almost afternoon now. I was up early for a dentist appointment. I had 3 cavities filled (one new one and two old ones replaced). One side of my mouth is still numb. Would love a cup of coffee but I know I'll dribble it all over myself! So I poured one and it's sitting next to my chair so I can smell it - LOL!! I am on vacation today. Trying to decide if I want to go to Joann's and pick up some things I need to finish some UFO's, to Amish country, or to Hobby Lobby, which is about a 45 minute drive to the closest one. It's a beautiful day but supposed to rain later in the weekend so I want to get out and do something fun today, but I need to be home by 4 so DS can take my car to work. Then I'll have the house to myself this evening to sew!

Monique, enjoy your dinner tonight - sounds fun!
Bubby I hope the storm avoid your area for a while - they are no fun!
JCY I lived in Colo and know about those hail storms - they can come up so quickly! Congrats on the new grandson on the way.
Cindy, you surely do have a special date - he is just adorable. Nothing like little boys.
Songbird, you ended up with a great deal after all! Hope you'll be able to enjoy it lots this summer.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

SewnByBee
May 27th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Hey there, forum friends.

I am trying to get a going. Coffee and a pot full,on standby, ready
for refilling !!!

............131108 😆

I didn't sleep well at all,last night, or the night before either....... I slept on the couch, cause I couldn't get comfortable...... I feel off, onto the hardwood floor......😮......seriously........yep....I feel it.....all over......😛...oach.
Restless, might now be considered, dangerous...... lol.

Staying positive !!!!

.............131109 ......:icon_heh:
We, did get to visit our dear sweet friend, yesterday. He held the baby, and was very happy....... this was a special moment, I'm so thankful he was able, and that he knew us and all that........hard as it was, it was worth it....

Have a Great Day and
A Wonderful Lo n g....
........WEEKEND 💓