PDA

View Full Version : HGTV--International House Hunters

mamo69
May 26th, 2016, 11:35 PM
Sorry, this is probably the wrong place to post but, what the heck ???

This Tuesday (9:30 Central time), HGTV, International House Hunters will feature a couple that I know. Attended their wedding and am a good friend of the girl's mother.
We have been patiently waiting for this to air.
Oh, learned soo much on how this show is filmed. My lips are sealed.

Hope you watch

Hulamoon
May 26th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Sorry, this is probably the wrong place to post but, what the heck ???

This Tuesday (9:30 Central time), HGTV, International House Hunters will feature a couple that I know. Attended their wedding and am a good friend of the girl's mother.
We have been patiently waiting for this to air.
Oh, learned soo much on how this show is filmed. My lips are sealed.

Hope you watch

I can imagine. One show, I forget the name is getting sued. On a different note, I watched Bachlorette this week and she picked the worst guy on the show. Her face showed it when he hugged her that she didn't like him. It's all for ratings to keep a train wreak going.

snippet
May 26th, 2016, 11:52 PM
So will you spill after the show is aired?

I knew a couple who were on Trading Spaces. (is that on anymore?) The designer convinced the friends to nail old record albums to the wall for a funky 'wallpaper' It wasn't well received and was torn out the next day.

jjkaiser
May 27th, 2016, 12:45 AM
House Hunters is practically the only thing I watch besides b&w movies. My husband says I am pathetic. I am just not into reality tv. And I wish all the K's would move to another planet and stay there!! Forever!!

bubba
May 27th, 2016, 01:38 AM
When they filmed a segment of House Hunters in the Marshall Islands, the man they featured on one was my best friends neighbor over there.

They scripted the entire show and the one he 'picked' was one he had been living in for six months already!!!

jjkaiser
May 27th, 2016, 01:50 AM
So it was a re-enactment of sorts so that doesn't mean it was fake, right. They do have to fit the show into 30 minutes, I have friends who criticized the show for being staged like this but I don't care I still like to watch it!! To me it is very interesting to see how much houses cost all over the country and all over the world. I don't like the island one because come on, how many of us can identify with people who have a million dollars plus to buy their own island?!!!

bubba
May 27th, 2016, 03:47 AM
MM and I have often suspected that all those shows are scripted. The one that is really obvious is the one w/the husband and wife who buy houses at auction quite often and fix them up. At the end when the people come looking, it is oh, so obvious, especially when a ten year old kid says 'the tiling they did in the bathroom really goes w/the design in the kitchen'!!

redcaboose1717
May 27th, 2016, 06:49 AM
House Hunters is practically the only thing I watch besides b&w movies. My husband says I am pathetic. I am just not into reality tv. And I wish all the K's would move to another planet and stay there!! Forever!!

I put a small TV in my sewing room simply because my DH and I don't watch the same type of programming. I love HGTV,House Hunters & Fixer Upper are my fav shows !
BTW....I agree with you Jocelyn....if only the entire K/J's would disappear. ( YAY ! )

Navy Wife
May 27th, 2016, 10:13 AM
My DIL was in the production side of Trading Spaces when it first started. We got lots of crazy stories from her. Many friendships were tested! It is mostly scripted.

mamo69
May 27th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Scripted---Staged To me it is still better than some shows on TV. Lisa and David had a great time------ FYI they have since moved from their "chosen" home only because they finally found what they had been looking for from their first day

ceiliam
May 27th, 2016, 12:12 PM
So agree with wanting the k/jsoff the air absolutely hate evening seeing any of it

Hulamoon
May 27th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Iv'e been shaking my head all morning trying to figure out what a K or K/j is?

No Project Runway? No Top Chef? I love shows like that.

tsladaritz
May 27th, 2016, 02:09 PM
I recently read some things on how a lot of these home shows are aired. It was definetly an eye opener. I can't wait to hear what you have to say after it is aired.

K. McEuen
May 27th, 2016, 02:11 PM

Pretty sure she means Kardashian/Jenner

tsladaritz
May 27th, 2016, 02:12 PM
So it was a re-enactment of sorts so that doesn't mean it was fake, right. They do have to fit the show into 30 minutes, I have friends who criticized the show for being staged like this but I don't care I still like to watch it!! To me it is very interesting to see how much houses cost all over the country and all over the world. I don't like the island one because come on, how many of us can identify with people who have a million dollars plus to buy their own island?!!!

What I read is even the prices are just numbers they pull out of the air- not researched real prices in that neighborhood for that time.

Pandabear
May 27th, 2016, 02:16 PM
My DIL was in the production side of Trading Spaces when it first started. We got lots of crazy stories from her. Many friendships were tested! It is mostly scripted.

I have friends who did Trading Spaces and they loved how it turned out. Which surprises me since they had Hildi for a designer and she did some crazy stuff in her time.

Pandabear
May 27th, 2016, 02:18 PM

Project Runway!! Love it. My favorite show though is Face Off. I've also started watching Tiny House Hunters (that might not be the correct name). I can not even imagine trying to live in such a small space. Where would all my machines go?!

Hulamoon
May 27th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Pretty sure she means Kardashian/Jenner

Ahh. Yeah, don't watch those.

Hulamoon
May 27th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Project Runway!! Love it. My favorite show though is Face Off. I've also started watching Tiny House Hunters (that might not be the correct name). I can not even imagine trying to live in such a small space. Where would all my machines go?!

Love Face off! My dd got me to watch Skin Wars. It's pretty interesting. I like Tiny House Nation, where they build it. Everytime I see it I look around and think could I get rid of that? I like to think I could live like that, but I like my Christmas ornaments too much. lol

jjkaiser
May 27th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Yes Karen is right. I did mean all the Kardashians, also that includes anyone with last name of Jenner.

Hulamoon
June 2nd, 2016, 01:03 AM
Okay I watched it. It seemed a little staged. What was the outcome, are they still in that place?

sewbizzy
June 2nd, 2016, 01:23 AM

I love Face Off....also House Hunters...would really like to see some new Flea Market Flip episodes....and I always watch Chopped...