PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday and the last one of May!!

Monique
May 26th, 2016, 07:09 AM
WOW I just realized the end of the Month is fast approaching.

Well I had a very productive day yesterday. Up at 3 am will do that to you. I was able to get 3 loads of wash done. I did end up having a nap at around 11:30. When I awoke, the sun was shining. So off to cut grass. I did the small lot at the back and then decided to do the lot next door. Hubby was cutting at the momma's and his sister's today. So I thought I would help out a little. I only did about half until the black flies did me in. But it looks so nice. I played with the sewing machine that just came back from repair. I got into the sewing room to try and finish the purse I have had so much trouble with. Well that wasn't working again either, so off to the side. Later, I decided to try again, and this time it came to me what to do, so lo and behold IT'S DONE!! I am so pleased to get this out of the way.

I work today but tomorrow I work where I can quilt and sew. So I will be taking my butterfly quilt and a top that is all cut out and ready to be sewn. I work Saturday until noon and then later in the day is the Relay for Life. I do have a busy schedule, working Monday - Saturday all next week.

So have a great day friends. Here are a few pictures from my yard. Apple and plum trees in full bloom.

131042 131043

songbird857
May 26th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Morning folks :)
Monique, it's a great feeling when you conquer the project that was giving you grief!! ;) Your apple trees are beautiful.
Well, I did clean out that closet yesterday - it actually has space for what we need to put in it now! Donated 3 bags and a box of shoes to the thrift store... seems like I'm moving a bit slower these past few months since Shingles, it felt like it took me too long to clean that closet. I've started going back to the gym again, I'll hit it later today :)
I hope everyone has a great day today!

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 26th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Good morning, today we have a beautiful sunny day and the temperature is very nice, so today there is no housecleaning is best to leave to enjoy the ride and good company, I have to go to the capital (Bilbao) to for some shopping and see the windows and decide what I am going to buy for the summer, it is a sport that I love, and try clothes look is fun. Monique your patio is very large, so Maizyn must be very happy in, but cut the herbs should be a good exercise, but the result is explendido. Wel I have to prepared to leave so command smiles and greetings to all

Cathy F
May 26th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Morning all,
Looks to be another beautiful day in my neck of the woods. Yesterday I worked on a table runner, part of it is machine embroidery and it was going really well with the re-hooping. Got the square all finished and was so proud of how it lined up and then it went all downhill from there, I cut it too short! I just walked away. Monique, I 'm glad you were able to conquer your project.
Today I have a bunch of errands to run and need to hit the grocery store. The weather forecast looks good for the weekend so I 'll pick up some things for a BBQ.

Off to get my coffee, wishing everyone a good day!

Ginny B
May 26th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Good morning all. Another beautiful day here. My friend and I were able to enjoy a beautiful lunch outside under the trees yesterday. Hoping for the same today. Monique, glad you got your project conquered; Cathy, sorry yours didn't work out. I am sure it will work out the next time.

Looking forward to the weekend. We've got lots of outdoor plans and looks like the weather is going to cooperate.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
May 26th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Morning Everyone...

In less than an hour we will get another electrical storm. This has been several days in a row for this irksome weather.

I have been oiling/greasing my Featherweight machines and I decided to leave one out on the kitchen table. No other machine I've found makes perfect straight stitches like a Featherweight. They're also awesome for paper piecing, if that's your thing. It feels like stitching on a toy after using my big Janome.

Monique, your trees are beautiful and your yard looks great. Ours needs mowing again but everything is too wet right now. Our rain is supposed to be with us every day until June 2.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday....

MayinJerset
May 26th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Beautiful property Monique. Do your apple trees produce good eating and/or baking apples?

We are having some warm weather, left some windows open overnight and we're enjoying the fresh morning scent throughout the house. Soon the scent will change to one of newly mowed grass as the landscapers should be here soon. We don't have a big lot but after 55+ years of taking care of it we now let someone else do the hard work. Front of the house looks good, nice thick green lawn due to so much Spring rain, shrubs blooming and big pots around the front door. Some time this weekend we'll work on getting the back deck set up with chairs, table and awning.

Navy Wife
May 26th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Woke up to rain showers this morning. They are welcome and gentle. We need the rain.

I had an impacted wisdom tooth removed on Monday, so I'm still in recovery mode. I look worse than I feel, but anything like this at my age can set me back a bit. I have a huge bruise from my mouth to my collar bone.

Just had the master bath floor replaced, so I have to finish cleaning and move things back in. I should empty closets and paint them. We had the room painted a few years ago, but let the closets go. They are the same color, so no one knows but me!

We had a contingent of Rolling Thunder come through Knoxville yesterday. My DIL's brother is one of their leaders, and we usually go to meet , greet and feed them. In case you don't know, Rolling Thunder is a group of motorcyclists who gather in Washington on Memorial Day and ride from the Pentagon to the Vietnam Wall. There are thousands of them from all over the US. They are all Veterans of Vietnam, and ride to honor the ones who did not return. It's quite a sight to see, but I had to miss it this year.

Not much else going on in east Tennessee. Maybe I'll feel better today and start getting things done!

SewnByBee
May 26th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Good Morning.
Saying a quick HELLO !!!

We have been trying to PREP introduce the baby to our old dog Scooter. We bring him cloths the baby had on and let him sniff and lay with it, I tell him it's Scooters baby, cause, that's what we say about our kids, he is very smart, I hope this helps him to adjust to a little one around.......????

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Monique, your yard is lovely. Hoping to get mine, back in order. I want to move and add some more evergreen shrubbery.
But, I have to get the areas, for planting, worked out first.I think I'm going to invest in Lava Rock, instead of pine bark, It seems to last longer and that would be helpful. Time to fix things, for the long term......lol.

Lot's going on here.
Prayers for a dear friend yall.
Going to visit , he is dieing, hoping he will know us......he had, really bad arthritis, for many years, he's painfully suffered from and now cancer. They said it's aggressive stage four. So sad. He's a sweet man. We became very close while the kids we're in the same grade in school, band, and friendships.

Be Blessed..........

rebeccas-sewing
May 26th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Monique, Do you use some sort of tractor to cut the lawn? That's a lot of area to mow with a walking mower. I, too, wonder if your trees produce good apples. Speaking of which, I'll be making an apple pie and a blueberry pie for Memorial Day. I LOOOOVE pie. Lots to do in preparation for the holiday. I'll be very busy now until Monday.

Sorry about your friend, Bee.

I wonder why you bruised so badly, Navy Wife? My goodness! I know you're glad to have that surgery behind you. I have vivid memories of having all of mine removed - awake!

JCY
May 26th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Partly cloudy here. Chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. We're sort of in that weather mode now. Had a lovely day yest.; it was 83, which is just about perfect. I have a kettle of Anasazi beans cooking; they'll be done in a half hr., ready to put into the freezer containers.

I'm making slow progress on hourglass blocks for a baby quilt. Barely an hour each day to sew lately. With flower bed weeding & other responsibilities, my quilting time seems limited lately.

I'm sorting & gathering photos for a DVD. I'm planning ahead in the eventuality my DH passes away. (He prays daily to go Home.) I know it's not something I could pull together at the last min. He's been going through his albums & marking pics for me to use. So many of our good pics are on slide reels! Hundreds & hundreds of them! I know I can't make it through all those, but probably can locate a few special ones. I have all the slide boxes labeled. The person who does the DVDs has a slide reader to import them into the computer, but any slides will cost extra. Not to sound morbid, but we did our funeral pre-planning several yrs. ago. With all of his health problems, he decided to make himself a DNR (no CPR). Even though he's still up & mobile, he's weak. At least his weight is holding at 105 lb. He hasn't lost any weight during the past mo.

My gr. dau. was hoping to find out from her ultrasound today if they're having a boy or a girl. The baby is due in Oct.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday.

Monique
May 26th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Monique, Do you use some sort of tractor to cut the lawn? That's a lot of area to mow with a walking mower. I, too, wonder if your trees produce good apples. Speaking of which, I'll be making an apple pie and a blueberry pie for Memorial Day. I LOOOOVE pie. Lots to do in preparation for the holiday. I'll be very busy now until Monday.

Sorry about your friend, Bee.

I wonder why you bruised so badly, Navy Wife? My goodness! I know you're glad to have that surgery behind you. I have vivid memories of having all of mine removed - awake!

A walking lawn mower, I NEED the exercise. The apples are little ones, like crab, should make good jelly in the fall.

Monique
May 26th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Partly cloudy here. Chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. We're sort of in that weather mode now. Had a lovely day yest.; it was 83, which is just about perfect. I have a kettle of Anasazi beans cooking; they'll be done in a half hr., ready to put into the freezer containers.

I'm making slow progress on hourglass blocks for a baby quilt. Barely an hour each day to sew lately. With flower bed weeding & other responsibilities, my quilting time seems limited lately.

I'm sorting & gathering photos for a DVD. I'm planning ahead in the eventuality my DH passes away. (He prays daily to go Home.) I know it's not something I could pull together at the last min. He's been going through his albums & marking pics for me to use. So many of our good pics are on slide reels! Hundreds & hundreds of them! I know I can't make it through all those, but probably can locate a few special ones. I have all the slide boxes labeled. The person who does the DVDs has a slide reader to import them into the computer, but any slides will cost extra. Not to sound morbid, but we did our funeral pre-planning several yrs. ago. With all of his health problems, he decided to make himself a DNR (no CPR). Even though he's still up & mobile, he's weak. At least his weight is holding at 105 lb. He hasn't lost any weight during the past mo.

My gr. dau. was hoping to find out from her ultrasound today if they're having a boy or a girl. The baby is due in Oct.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday.

I am so sorry about your husband. At least, preparations have been made in advance and you won't have to worry about that. God bless you.