PDA

View Full Version : Oh look it is Wednesday

Monique
May 25th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Yup, all day. Worked all day yesterday. I have been up since about 3 this morning. Second load of laundry in, I have been out for coffee, had breakfast and now I need to put clean laundry away.

My sewing machine is back from the repair shop. Tried it out a little this morning. Seems to run okay. I may take it with me on Friday to work.

Aside from that, not much going on. It is overcast this morning. Not sure if I will cut grass today or not.

Still coughing but slowly getting better.

Have a great day everyone.

songbird857
May 25th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Good morning :)
Monique, I hope your cough continues to get better!
Today, I'm tackling my living room closet - it's been neglected and needs serious cleaning out... along with the usual stuff.
Have a great day all...

Iris Girl
May 25th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Monique hope you continue to get better. Also up since about 3 am. Hubby had to get going early to beat the morning rush with his deliveries this morning. @ loads laundry on the line, sloppy joe prepped for the crock pot tomorrow, stroganoff sauce done for dinner Fri. Cut out a new nightgown ready to sew. Now waiting for the local store to open so I can get fixins for potato salad made. Son wants me to go with him to pick a new battery out for his car. Busy day...and its my day off. Have a good one everyone,hugs.

Bubby
May 25th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Morning Everyone...

I have a function to attend at noon 45 miles north of here. Not sure if I will attend or not, as there's a huge storm about to hit us. We had storms pretty much all day yesterday and we were without power for several hours.

Not much to report here. I need to shut down and turn everything off to get ready for the storm.

Have a great day everyone.

MRoy
May 25th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Good morning! I'm just getting my first caffeine so I'm still moving slow. I cut grass yesterday. I don't like to mow this early in the week, but we've got rainy forecasts for the rest of the week. I've put a donation quilt on the frame, now I've got to decide what color thread to quilt it with. I think I may use dark gray based on how the colors I've tested on it so far have looked.

It's time for round 2 of caffeine. Have a great day!

Lyndaj
May 25th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Happy overcast Wednesday everyone.

I am happy to say that the quilts have now been posted to Slave Lake which is where the family from Fort McMurray has been staying with family. Unfortunately, it won't be there until Monday. Three quilts took me longer than expected and that was with sewing all day for many of those days. Oh well.

Forgot to mention that unfortunately I had my first ever colour bleed in my 13 years of quilting despite having prewashed all of the fabric and washing the quilt in cold water. Of course it was red bleeding into a a very light blue. Sigh.

I also managed to make two sweetpea pods. Since I have never dealt with a zipper of any sort or made anything smaller than a quilt, I'm pretty proud of myself.

Feeling totally exhausted. Not sure what to do with myself now. Guess I better get back to job searching.

Have a great one folks.

MayinJerset
May 25th, 2016, 09:52 AM
You gals have really been busy with lots of laundry, grass cutting and cooking going on. I was up real early but needed a bit more sleep but seem to overdone it as 8:30 which is a really late start for me. As soon as I finish this mug of coffee I need to get stuff into the crock pot for dinner and also chop some veggies for a carrot soup lunch. On second thought maybe I'll skip the soup and make a salad instead as it's expected to be 80 today.

rebeccas-sewing
May 25th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Whoa Nelly! That's a lot to accomplish before noon. I guess I'd better get busy. Errands to run, carpet to steam clean, all in preparation for my girls' visit and a big get-together (for twelve maybe) here at the house on Sunday. Our first since returning from the Netherlands. We're doing an all-American meal in honor of Memorial Day. It will be our first time grilling ribs. We're trying America's Test Kitchen's recipe. I love watching their videos. The timer is broken on our grill. I understand that's a common occurrence with grills. We ordered a gauge from Amazon that is supposed to work and work accurately so we'll see. I hope we won't be eating burned and tough ribs. hahaha

toggpine
May 25th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Today is our 14 year anniversary. Good news is we haven't killed each other yet!

Excellent progress is being made on clearing out the clutter and years of accumulated stuff. Now if I can only keep everyone else moving in that same direction. Neither one are really thrilled about the idea, but Hubby has reluctantly agreed that it is time to get rid of some of this stuff.
Em is having some trouble with letting her stuff go to people she doesn't know. We have a friend who gets most of her clothes when she out-grows them. She loves to give them to her because it makes her happy that Raina will like them as much as she did. Her nephew is her chosen toy donation destination. Sadly for her, the kids are moving to a smaller apartment and are not going to be able to take much. I am working on having her sell some of her bigger toys and then put that money towards some guitar lessons. She is still thinking about that.
I need to follow your shining examples and go get the laundry going and pull the pork chops out of the freezer for tonight's supper.
You all make it a good one and don't forget to share a few smiles!
Hugs, Cath