PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl in Summer

kimsophia
May 25th, 2016, 01:51 AM
Hoot hoot! It's heating up here and humid, so we might be getting thunderstorms all week. My peonies and iris are blooming but they won't last long in the heat.

Tonight Golden State lost again...argh! They just couldn't hit their shots! OKC is playing great.

I got another two applique trees affixed today so tomorrow I can get those sewn down. I'm getting pretty good at zig zagging.

What is up with you?

Judy, USMC
May 25th, 2016, 02:20 AM
Back from wet & rainy Virginia. Had only 2 full days of sun and that put a big damper on getting out to visit attractions and landmarks. Trip to DC and possible meet with Preeti got scrubbed.

On the plus side I found 2 nice Mennonite fabric shops. One was way out in the country and had a limited number of bolts but the prices were really, really good. They had a variety of other items including clothing, shoes and puzzles plus a ton of other goodies. The other was in the Shenandoah Market (off I-81.) A great shop featuring quilting fabrics with a great owner who helped me decide on a fabric. And I did get to finish up my husband's rag quilt, too!

Missed checking in with y'all. Hope I didn't miss too much ....

stationarymom
May 25th, 2016, 02:35 AM
Hoot Hoot The heat is coming this way as well.Tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 80's which I don't like at all.My husband has not uncovered the ac yet so the dog and I will roast.I have a new washing machine coming tomorrow finally ,I thought the other washer was ready to take off on it's own.I'm hoping that after the machine gets delivered I can get my DH to take me out to look at fabric.I hope everyone has a good night.

Andrea F
May 25th, 2016, 02:45 AM
Good morning Kim and Judy and everybody coming here later!

Sorry for the bad weather putting a damper on your trip, Judy. I hope buying a little bit of fabric brightened it up.

Kim, I wish, I could take a little bit of the heat off your hands. We're supposed to have nice weather but it's chilly and started to rain. We were going to have a barbecue tomorrow but right now I'm not sure if that's going to happen.

First day at work was as busy as expected. Two of my colleagues try to convince me to come to work on Friday too so we can go for a relaxed lunch and have a talk and also get a lot of work done because it'll be quiet at the office then. I'm not sure if I want to go yet. I have a lot to do at home, too.
Saturday, the fabric market is in our area again. I plan to go there and this time, I may also look for jersey fabrics. I sewed a simple shirt for me from fabric I bought at Mood when we were in NYC a few years ago and I like it.

toggpine
May 25th, 2016, 03:35 AM
Our warm weather had deserted us for now. We are just hoping for dry for the long weekend!

Success! I am happy to report that ALL of the bookcases are up and securely mounted to the walls. The dresser is constructed, and seems to be holding together. (I'll never complain about IKEA's directions again!) I followed the directions and used the pre-drilled holes on this thing (NOT an IKEA product), and I spent yesterday afternoon readjusting all of the drawer guides so the the drawers would shut and not be stacked up on each other. Ugh.
I am having fun moving furniture and getting stuff rearranged for more useable space. Mr. Grumpy-Pants even admitted that he needs to go through his stuff and clean it out. Yea! Just wait until I make him get into the back corner of the shop and help me finish that project we started a couple of years ago! No relaxing Memorial Day for him, or me either, but I'll be happy to have functioning spaces!
The iPad battery is low, and I would like some sleep, so I'll wish the rest of you Happy Hooting,and catch you later!
Hugs, Cathy