PDA

View Full Version : Is she a quilter?

Simply Quilting
May 24th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Dh had a lady ask him if I was a quilter?

His response: "Yep, in the worst way. In the past two weeks she bought a singer treadle manufactured in 1920, a Franklin treadle and a Franklin without the cabinet and base. Both Franklins are shuttles which is similar to a Singer 27 model."

To which she says, "Wow! She's not messing around!"

Interestingly, he gladly loads them to come home and he is the one who is immediately finding their serial numbers and looking them up on the internet. Then is telling me everything that he has found on them. He even found a pdf where someone copied the Franklin sewing machine manual.

Also the Franklins are identical and belonged to sister-in-laws who had sales two weeks apart.

Cokie
May 24th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Love it when the hubbies get involved! Mine isn't quite so much but last summer he took me to several quilt shops during the Row by Row. One day afterward, when I came home from work, he said, "You got some fat quarters in the mail today." I said, "How do you know what a fat quarter is?" He said, "I don't, but every quilt shop we went to had stacks of them, so I figured that's what you ordered from that quilting place!"

auntiemern
May 24th, 2016, 08:07 PM
What a great story. Yep...she is a quilter.

Sandy Navas
May 24th, 2016, 09:17 PM
. . . on her way to fast becoming a collector . . .

snippet
May 25th, 2016, 01:12 AM
Heck - HE's a quilter too! :)

Jean Sewing Machine
May 25th, 2016, 01:13 AM
That is a great story! What a team you guys are!