PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday here I come

Blondie
May 24th, 2016, 07:12 AM

Hello Folksies
It is Tuesday and it feels like Monday. Ever feel that way? The past week has been a real blur of time just whizzing by. Little Eli is doing very well - his Mommy and Daddy are still quite sleepy, lol. This lady here is quite addicted to holding him, kissing him, cuddling him. I made up my mind to not be intrusive on the little family. I found out that I am not the only one happy to be living across the road. Mommy (Billie) is doing much better but after the second day her hormones were slapping her around. Middle Son Josh, the Daddy, kept the phone line busy with "Mom, can you come back over?" He was concerned about her tears. Poor girl. I never went through that part of birthing - she was in a lot of pain as well from the C section. The parents are both doing much better now and Eli got a terrific report from the pediatrician yesterday - which went a LONG way in making them feel more competent.

I have to giggle when I think of how neurotic new parents are. You know, the usual laundry list: did he eat enough, burp enough, poo enough, sleep enough?

Bee, congrats on your grand! How lovely that we both have our babies the same day!!! Almost the same time! YAY.
Thanks to all who have given me their good wishes for the kids. I have to say this past year has been one of the most difficult years of my life - and I can tell you I have had some difficult years! Far too many dear ones have passed away and then having my baby girl move so far away is still heavy in my heart; it helps to know she is in her element in the Florida sun. Everyone seems to be adapting and hopefully they will move into their new home this week. She is quite weary of living out of boxes and bags. Betcha there are more than one here who can identify with that. Now that she is moved and Eli is here I am trying to get my own little life back in order. Weeks of sorting and packing with DD, days and nights of waiting for Eli to arrive has left my own routine all askew. No sewing, not much cleaning, and oh yeah, the kitchen is still needing to be completed.

Off to go get Beau and get him to the groomers. Poor little pooch has gotten far too raggedy for even me to brush out. While he has been neglected in the grooming dept the past few weeks, he has not been lacking in the loving dept. Our new addition, Max, is truly a joy. Unlike our Gracie who is a tease with her attention, Max is the ever faithful right next to me statue. We like our long walks around the back and the run back to the house.

Okie dokie, folksies. Rambled too long already and the grooming appt is fast approaching. I will try to get back in here again soon. For those who haven't seen the pic I posted yesterday on FB (another venue I neglect), here is a pic of Eli and then one of Max.

130971 130972

Thanks for indulging me!

Monique
May 24th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Blondie, to heck with the work. It is more important to spend time with family. And your help is no doubt, GREATLY appreciated. They are lucky to have you so close. Hold Eli tight, before long he won't want gramma kisses anymore. LOL!!

Blondie
May 24th, 2016, 07:25 AM
You are soooo right Monique! Thank you!

Iris Girl
May 24th, 2016, 07:53 AM
What a beautiful little guy, Hold on to him tight!

MRoy
May 24th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Welcome back Blondie! I don't think you could have a better reason for being away....little Eli is a doll.

Bubby
May 24th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Morning Everyone! Isn't little Eli gorgeous....oh those eyes! Being a first-time parent is scary. I remember sitting up all night many nights making sure my DD was breathing.

Jeff was called to work at 3:45 because an ice machine smelled like it was burning. Can you believe no one would turn it off or throw the breaker because it's "not their job!!"

I'm heading back to bed to finish the rest of my sleep the phone call interrupted.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Ginny B
May 24th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Good morning and Happy Tuesday. So glad to see you pop in here Blondie and what a beautiful, precious bundle little Eli is. :icon_bigsmile: Congratulations. It's good that you are close enough to give them much needed support and encouragement.

We got some good news along those lines too! It seems that my son and dil (Steve and Ana) are expecting. We are very optimistic this time since they heard a heartbeat. The doctor says all looks well. They sent me the ultrasound of the wee one. I am so very excited. It will be an early December arrival and it turns out that my best friend in CA is going to become a grandma again too and her son and dil's due date is late November. We are thrilled to be expecting our grandkids within a week of each other.

Rainy morning here but it is supposed to become more summer-like weather as the week goes on. I hope we have a good Memorial Day weekend.

Have a good day all

songbird857
May 24th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Ohhh.. Eli is precious!! What a joy to have him so close by :) Max is a beauty, too...
I have made myself a 'to-do' list and I'm sticking to it... mostly.... I've been a real lazy bones this past week.
I do mean LAY-ZEE!! So, I made a list to get me back on track.
So, after coffee, today will hold shopping, working out, cleaning the fridge, some ironing, and hopefully getting the sewing room back in order so I can finally sandwich my big quilt for us -

I hope everyone has the bestest of days - and those of you with grands... please kiss those wonderfully chubby cheeks for me ;)

Shirley
May 24th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Oh Blondie, Eli is adorable! Precious beyond words. And Max, the same. Sweet pup!!

Grandma Nan
May 24th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Congratulations Blondie and the new parents. It must be so comforting for them to have you and your experience across the road. Blondie, never worry about neglecting "things" when you are involved with your precious family. Eli is wonderful, so bright and beautiful. Max will be a true friend and all is well with Sarah so to heck with the kitchen cupboards. I know it is easier to say than to do, ha ha. Just take it easy and enjoy your grandson.

We are also happy you will be back too. So many demands on your time! Have a great week.

Suzette
May 24th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Eli is adorable!! I can see why you want to just snuggle him all day long! :icon_bigsmile:

And look at that handsome Max! I have been blessed to have shared my life with two shelties over the years. Great dogs!

MayinJerset
May 24th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Hey Blondie, So that's where you've been, hanging out with those 2 handsome guys. Some really good times have been going on down your way. Good News from Ginny too - pray all goes well with your expected grandchild.

Kind of chilly this morning, sure hope it warms up soon. We've been lazying around the past few days so it's time to get moving and get some stuff done. Sending a little note to all my forum pals.

irishrn
May 24th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Congratulations Blondie on your new grandson! He is one handsome boy!
Enjoy every moment with him!
Hugs to you and the new exhausted pretty!!! :-)

cv quilter
May 24th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Oh my, he truly is adorable! Love that "binkie" pose and his sweet little nose. Huge beautiful eyes. And Max is pretty awesome, too! Happy Tuesday everyone :)

GrammaBabs
May 24th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Eli and Beau... too cute and handsome "dudes":)))))))))))

JaniceR
May 24th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Blonde, Eli is absolutely adorable. Your whole family is very lucky and blessed to have you as a daughter, mother, and grandmother!! Max is so cute and I know he gives and gets lots of love too as do your other fur babies I'm sure!

Remember to take care of yourself as you are taking care of so many others:)

JaniceR
May 24th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Good morning and Happy Tuesday. So glad to see you pop in here Blondie and what a beautiful, precious bundle little Eli is. :icon_bigsmile: Congratulations. It's good that you are close enough to give them much needed support and encouragement.

We got some good news along those lines too! It seems that my son and dil (Steve and Ana) are expecting. We are very optimistic this time since they heard a heartbeat. The doctor says all looks well. They sent me the ultrasound of the wee one. I am so very excited. It will be an early December arrival and it turns out that my best friend in CA is going to become a grandma again too and her son and dil's due date is late November. We are thrilled to be expecting our grandkids within a week of each other.

Rainy morning here but it is supposed to become more summer-like weather as the week goes on. I hope we have a good Memorial Day weekend.

Have a good day all

Ginny,
Congratulations on your very happy news! That is just wonderful!

rebeccas-sewing
May 24th, 2016, 12:25 PM
I have to laugh at how big that pacifier looks compared to Eli's tiny head. hahaha What a beautiful dog! Remind me again how you acquired him, Blondie. I'm hoping you will have a lovely summer - get a chance to putter around in your yard, soak up the sun and drink copious amounts of iced tea, lemonade and eat some homemade cookies. Life must settle down now so you can get that dang kitchen finished. hahaha

My girls are blasting into town end of the week. I have much to do to prepare. What am I doing? Drinking tea and holding off on the need to do some cleaning and run errands. Oh well. It'll all get done eventually.

I doubt I will ever live near my girls, Blondie. For those who are lucky enough to have children close by once they are full-fledged adults (30 or more - hahaha) I hope you know how lucky you are. After all, I left home at thirty-four and I never returned. Why would I expect anything different from my kids? I know, Blondie, it doesn't make it any easier.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 24th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Oh that baby boy is so precious! Hope momma can shake the baby blues, it can be problematic if it isn't addressed. Being tired and sore doesn't help!

Blondie, enjoy all those new peeps and fur babies close to home, it will help ease the pain of having Sarah far away! As Rebecca said, we expect them to stay close by, but they have their lives to live. I'm having to battle those feelings of loss as my 2 girls left St. Louis within the past 3 years. But Congratulations to the new parents! And they are close by!

alliek
May 24th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Happy Days watching Eli grow and "newbies" become parents. I was always amazed at the growth of my sons and DIL when it comes to parenting. I hope your DIL will get her "balance". Those **** hormones can play havoc with a women. Praying for her. Lots of Love!

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 24th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Good afternoon Tuesday, today I could not connect in the morning because my sister returned from his trip to Belarus and wanted to prepare some food for her and for me and him to tell me things about your trip, so I come home about eight because she was tired and went to bed, tomorrow we will continue. Blondie his grandson is a beautiful child and has beautiful eyes, I understand that your grandmother this drooling and stay as long as possible with Eli. As Max seems to feel happy in his new home and his new mom. As already is ending Tuesday for my wish you all a nice day and many joys, greetin gs