PDA

View Full Version : Long weekend over, it's Tuesday!

Monique
May 24th, 2016, 07:08 AM
And what a long weekend it was. Weather cooperated and it was beautiful. I cut the grass on Saturday after fixing the lawnmower. I had to readjust the wheels. Man, am I ever out of shape. But it got done. My brother visited in the afternoon for a short one. Early Sunday morning, I left for Trenton. Phil & Jodi got a new BBQ, so I went out and got fixings for a wonderful supper. Chicken, corn on the cob, mixed vegetables, potatoe and macaroni salad. What a feast. Monday morning, Maizyn and I were up early, as she had wet the bed. Putting the dog out, Maizyn wants to go outside. Sure. Can I play in the pool? Sure. She was using a little dipping net I bought her to clean out her pool. She only puts her feet in. She is wearing a dress. So I suggest she wears shorts, sort of like having a bathing suit. Okay, E. Do you want breakfast? Okay E. Well, let's you and I go out to MacDonalds. Oh pancakes, she says. What about Mommy and Daddy? They are still in bed sleeping, it just and E and Maizyn morning. By the time we get back, Daddy is up, Maizyn is outside. Now she wants to go for a bike ride, which I told her I would take her. So off we go to the park for a little while. It is getting hot out so I suggest we go back to the pool. Okay E. We ended up going to the dollar store to get her some pools toys. I bought her another sun hat, an inflatable chair, which she loved after all, a little fishing game. She was still in the pool when I left at 1. Great weekend.

I have a busy week ahead. I work till 6 today, off tomorrow, back Thursday, Friday at another PO, Saturday back to Shawville and then Saturday night is the Relay for Life. I work all next week as well.

So how was your weekend friends.

Here is a picture of my wee pumpkin.

130970 Eating ice cream of course.

Blondie
May 24th, 2016, 07:14 AM
Hey Monique! What a cute wee pumpkin you have. I am happy that it is warm enough for her to get in the pool! We are still chilly here but this week is supposed to warm up to the 80's! Sounds like your week is jammed packed too. Big hugs and blessings to you, my special friend!

songbird857
May 24th, 2016, 08:22 AM
Monique - she is such a cutie!! It sounds like the perfect time, just enjoying the whims of a child ;)

Grandma Nan
May 24th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Sounds like a busy weekend Monique. The weather certainly was beautiful. My DS and dil have an above ground salt water pool which they put up this weekend and filled. I checked the thermometer and the water (straight out of the hose) was 58 degrees. The grandsons went in- crazy kids. I think it would have made my heart stop.

I'm glad you are working so much Monique- think how much you will be able to shop when we go to Quilts Canada. I can carry your bags for you when you buy all that fun fabric. I can't wait for our trip.

Today is going to be a sewing day- I've been outside all weekend working on grass and flowers and planting etc so today its back inside to sew and I can't wait - I really do miss it.

Have a great Tuesday and off we go into a short work week.

MayinJerset
May 24th, 2016, 09:51 AM
You two had a ball over the weekend, your DGD looks great enjoying her pool and new pool chair.

rebeccas-sewing
May 24th, 2016, 04:47 PM
First off, I'm lovin' the pink hat and matching sandals. Why does she call you E? Did she get that from the pronunciation of ique in the latter part of your name?

Just came back from M&L Fabrics. I can't seem to get out of that place without spending $100 bucks. I'm planning to get my daughter's room fixed up since she's moved out. That will require a new dust ruffle. It's an antique bed that sits very high off the ground so the drop from the box spring to the floor is quilt long, thus all the yardage. I also came home with some backing for two quilts, 4 yds. of white, and a yard of a really pretty orange - all for my stash. You can't beat $2.98/yd.

If we ever get around to moving it's the only place I shop that I'll really miss.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 24th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Good afternoon, Monique seems his weekend has been very busy but the time spent with Maizyn has been very happy, grandchildren give us so much joy, evil is growing so fast but in the meantime you have to enjoy them in the photo he looks so happy and it is a very pretty girl, greetings and smiles

Monique
May 24th, 2016, 09:09 PM
Have no clue where the E came from. It is unique and mine, mine alone. LOL!!