PDA

View Full Version : Hoot if you're a Night Owl

kimsophia
May 24th, 2016, 01:24 AM
Hootie hoo hoot! I seem to be back on a night owl schedule again. I finished off three more applique trees. Next I need to put MistyFuse on a bunch of green Kaffe prints. That stuff is so sticky right after you iron it onto the back side of the fabric that I want it to cool off and firm up overnight before handling it again.

The Cavs lost again tonight so the Eastern finals are tied 2-2. I wonder what will happen next as so far the team on their home court wins every time, and they'll be back in Cleveland again. The Raptors have played some amazing basketball. Everybody on the American sports shows seem shocked. The Cavs have really been cold at shooting and LeBron isn't shooting as much as he could.

I hope everybody is feeling well and able to accomplish what you want! @,@ Hoot your updates!

stationarymom
May 24th, 2016, 02:07 AM
Kim I'm glad you're back on your Night Owl schedule again,I looked for your posts every night.I know I don't usually have much to say but it's nice to have someone around when I want to talk.How much of your quilt have you pieced yet? I hope it's going well.
Hello to any other Night Owls out there tonight.

CraftyJnet
May 24th, 2016, 02:12 AM
Hello Night Owls;
I'm a night owl tonight due to a large dose of prednisone. Woke up with gout this morning and took the prednisone and now I'm still too wired to sleep. Maybe I can sew a little? There is an Easter table topper waiting to be finished - that's how long it's been since I lasted sewed.

And I agree with Joan - it is so nice to know you are both out there/on here and I'm not alone.

Andrea F
May 24th, 2016, 02:26 AM
Good morning Kim and Joan and all other night owls, nice to see you again here :)

We're back from vacation, the laundry is done and I've got to go work again today. It's only a two days week for me since we have a holiday on Thursday and I don't work on Fridays, but I've been swamped with appointments already. I co-supervise several students' bachelor theses and a couple research internships at our chair. The theses are due mid of June, so everybody has questions regarding analyzing their data or how to interpret outcomes. It's going to be busy two days.

My friend came over yesterday to color my hair. It's going to be interesting how it looks in the bright daylight. I wanted a more purple shade, I may have gotten more purple than I intended. Why does grey hair look so interesting on men and old on me? LOL

I have to sew a bag until Thursday. A friend ordered one and she's coming to visit and collect her bag then. I wanted to start it yesterday but I kinda didn't, which wasn't too smart of me.

Have a good night and I'll see you later!

KarenC
May 24th, 2016, 02:29 AM
Hello fellow night owls. How I wish I could sleep right now. 5:00 am will be here in 4.5 hrs, with the alarm and I still can't fall asleep. Hope you all have good night's and a great day tomorrow

kimsophia
May 24th, 2016, 02:32 AM
Kim I'm glad you're back on your Night Owl schedule again,I looked for your posts every night.I know I don't usually have much to say but it's nice to have someone around when I want to talk.How much of your quilt have you pieced yet? I hope it's going well.
Hello to any other Night Owls out there tonight.

So far I haven't done any piecing as this is all applique so far, but I will be piecing the house blocks. As for the trees, I have completed seven of 28 trees. The quilt is about half pieced and half applique.

bubba
May 24th, 2016, 02:38 AM
My friend came over yesterday to color my hair. It's going to be interesting how it looks in the bright daylight. I wanted a more purple shade, I may have gotten more purple than I intended. Why does grey hair look so interesting on men and old on me? LOL

Pictures!!!!!! We need pictures!!! I really don't like the color of my hair currently, so I was thinking about bleaching it off and dying it silver!!! Just to see how well I like it! Of course, I have eight boxes of purple dye in my pantry...

stationarymom
May 24th, 2016, 02:42 AM
Andrea it's nice to have you back in the wee hours here again.I hope you had a wonderful vacation and feel rested now.I wish I knew why gray can look so nice on men, but not on us.My sister is almost all white and she is 9 yrs my junior.She decided to color her hair auburn, but with no brown in her hair now she ecded up with bright red hair.

Andrea F
May 24th, 2016, 03:01 AM
Andrea it's nice to have you back in the wee hours here again.I hope you had a wonderful vacation and feel rested now.I wish I knew why gray can look so nice on men, but not on us.My sister is almost all white and she is 9 yrs my junior.She decided to color her hair auburn, but with no brown in her hair now she ecded up with bright red hair.

It's nice to be back! :D Bright red sounds interesting. I always wanted to have my hair bright red but it was too dark to get it really red. Now I'm too scared to try it. Most of my hair is still dark but that's maybe due to all the color I put in previously. I've been coloring my mouse brown hair for decades. Thomas didn't shave for a few days in Turkey and his beard has a lot of white in it. I really like the look of it. There's a new trend for girls here, they call it the granny look. They bleach their hair to almost white and then maybe put a slight hint of purple in it. Why would you do that?

Andrea F
May 24th, 2016, 03:05 AM
Pictures!!!!!! We need pictures!!! I really don't like the color of my hair currently, so I was thinking about bleaching it off and dying it silver!!! Just to see how well I like it! Of course, I have eight boxes of purple dye in my pantry...

You still have eight boxes left??? Bleaching it all off might be a little hard on the hair. Mine would probably break and result in a nice short hair cut. ;)
I'm going to take a selfie outside in the light a little later and show you. This was the color in the pot, a nice shade of strawberry...

LauraP
May 24th, 2016, 04:03 AM
I'm up too. We went camping this weekend and the Canadian Geese and Herons were having wild sex all night. They were on the peninsular right next to us and their carrying on kept me up so when we got home today I took a long nap. So, I am inventorying and pricing some parts for my husband, watching TV and ordering quilt patterns from Keepsake Quilting. I got my new catalog today and fell in love with so many of them.
I'm watching about tiny houses and while I like the idea I always wonder where I would put my sewing machine!

bubba
May 24th, 2016, 04:38 AM
You still have eight boxes left??? Bleaching it all off might be a little hard on the hair. Mine would probably break and result in a nice short hair cut. ;)
I'm going to take a selfie outside in the light a little later and show you. This was the color in the pot, a nice shade of strawberry...

Can't wait to see it!!! Before I do the grand idea, I'm checking w/MM's cousin who is a beautician! Next time I mix my concoction, I'll take a picture of it......it's 100x darker than yours!

Andrea F
May 24th, 2016, 05:03 AM
Can't wait to see it!!! Before I do the grand idea, I'm checking w/MM's cousin who is a beautician! Next time I mix my concoction, I'll take a picture of it......it's 100x darker than yours!

Here we go! The roots have a bit of a pinkish color. :) Normally mine is a lot darker too. This was an experiment.

MayinJerset
May 24th, 2016, 05:53 AM
I'm not a Night Owl but a real Early Bird as it's almost 5 am here in Jersey. Been sleeping through the night more often lately but there are times like tonight that I can't fall back asleep so rather than fight it I get up.

What's with all the purple hair dying? I have too much gray to try a purple coloring. When I was a kid women with white hair used to tint it with a little lavender or blue. Last year when I was sick I didn't color my hair for a few months and found my hair around my face was mostly a dull grey with the rest being a salt and pepper look. As soon as I felt better I got it colored and I felt and looked 100% better. I try to keep it a medium brown without a reddish tone.

Andrea, you look great - I can see some purple tones in your brown hair - gives you a real bright look. Wondering how I would look with a purple tone. What do you gals think? 130958.

Andrea F
May 25th, 2016, 02:31 AM
Wondering how I would look with a purple tone. What do you gals think? 130958.

Thanks May! Yes, you should definitely try some purple! Looks great on everyone and if you don't like it, you can always put a dark brown on top to cover it up :)