PDA

View Full Version : Thank goodness it's Monday!

SallyO'Sews
May 23rd, 2016, 02:15 PM
Hi, All,

Well, the weekend was very eventful, but I was able to catch up on some sleep last night, so that was nice.

DIL#6's graduation (MS in Educational Technology) party Friday p.m. was great. I have so. much. food leftover, if any of you New Englanders (Songbird, Cyndi, GrammaBabs) want some great fried chicken & potato salad, come on over to my house! I think her folks were blessed as well, for which I am very grateful. One of our church members told me that DIL's mom thanked her (i.e. our whole church family) for taking such good care of her daughter, and told her she could go home to Louisiana feeling good about her.

Also, Gerri, I did the crock-pot lasagne as directed, and it was perfect! Thank you SOOO much. :icon_happy:

Got up early Saturday a.m. for a local fishing contest/parade/craft/community event, and managed to sell out of the pillows I made for it (all proceeds go to the school where DH serves as pastor & principal). :icon_bigsmile:

Then in the afternoon, after we had packed up the stuff (tent, table, chairs, literature about the school, crafts), we went to DS#3's house. He and his wife had gone to the hospital the night before so they could evict - I mean, induce - their 4th baby. DD#10 was babysitting for the older 3, but she had to go to work at 5, so I left DS#9 with the kiddoes and took her to work, then went back to DS#3's house to put the little ones to bed.

The GrammyFail moment came when I was sitting on the edge of the bathtub and somehow managed to turn the shower head on and doused the 2-year-old with very COLD water on his head. Lots of screaming involved, and I am sure he will be scarred for life... :icon_rolleyes:

Then DS#9 and I cleaned up the kitchen & the toys (well, most of them), left him there, went to pick up DD#10 and bring her back to DS#3's so she could spend the night, and DS#9 and I finally got home around 10 p.m. :icon_sleep:

BUT... DS#3 texted around 9 to let us know that DIL gave birth to a 9 lb., 2 oz. baby girl, Hannah Brynne, at 8:20!! (that's about 4.15 kg, for those of you outside the US). Still haven't seen her yet, but will probably get over there this evening or tomorrow for sure.

So, all in all, it was exhausting, but wonderful! So glad it's Monday, and I can rest... :icon_razz:

Have a great week, everyone!

~ Sally \0/

SewnByBee
May 23rd, 2016, 02:54 PM
Congratulations....... wow..... big baby.....glad everyone is OK.
Keep us up on the info.....love all the baby news we all are sharing the good fortune of heaving.

Rest up, so you can enjoy some more baby time......😊

I'm doing that myself........getting prepared to stay again next week with my daughter after her hubby goes back to work. I'm lookiing forward to it.

rebeccas-sewing
May 23rd, 2016, 03:37 PM
Congratulations! Your weekend was so eventful I had trouble getting it all straight. The "fail" was a crack-up! Way to go, Grandma. hahaha

stationarymom
May 24th, 2016, 02:27 AM
Congratulations on the new grandbaby! After reading your post I'm tired for you so rest up.