PDA

View Full Version : Hello Monday Morning!!

songbird857
May 23rd, 2016, 08:06 AM
I don't see a thread for this morning - so here goes :)

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

This weekend was a nice one. My family took the firearms safety class so we can get our LTC soon (family bonding time ;)) Here are my two lovelies learning how to hold a revolver properly.

I also found an ad in Craigslist about fabric (I really shouldn't even look....), so - long story short - this older gentleman has a garage full of assorted things, including some of his wife's massive fabric stash; some going back 40 years. I don't know how she feels about all of it, she wasn't there. Anyway, I left with a paper grocery bag full of assorted fabric, buttons, grosgrain and satin ribbon, bias tape, trim.... etc.... all for under 10 bucks :)

I'm hoping to get back into my sewing room soon to actually USE some of this stuff!!
I hope everyone has a great day today - Happy sewing!

Sandy Navas
May 23rd, 2016, 08:47 AM
Great grab there, Norma!!

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 23rd, 2016, 08:57 AM
Good morning in the forum to everyone,started week and ended month, May departs and has not yet come spring some places, we hope this summer is a nice season and we can enjoy days sun. The friday asked me to where I am, because I am from a village of130890130891130892130893130894130895 the Bizcay Coast in the Basque Country called "Plencia" it is a medieval and then dedicated ourselves the whaling and bacalao off the coast of Terranova, so there is there a people which is called "Placentia" with which we are twinned they say the historians seems that founded the Basques, today no longer dedicated to fishing, we are a tourist town and people come to enjoy our beaches, mountains, and good food. Another thing I want to explain is that when I started in the forum in 2013, my name was "Plentziana" but by a network problem had to change the name, so if semeone wants to see my oldest job can access that page and see my albums. As I said on Saturday we had a party with folk dances, and we had a great time and although I have put some pictures of my granddaughters dancing, here are some other groups to see some of our costumes. Well as I have already written much I wish you all a pleasants start to the week and you are all well, greetings, smiles and prayers

Lyndaj
May 23rd, 2016, 09:25 AM
It's a beautiful sunny day here. It's also a holiday here. Happy Victoria Day to my fellow Canucks.

It has been a very busy sewing weekend for me. Since my box is shipping to Fort McMurray tomorrow, everything must be done today. First, the big quilt needs to be quilted and bound. Since I'm a newbie at free motion quilting, it's easier for me to stitch in the ditch. I know, boring! Have just pulled out the thread for the bobbin, now need to figure out the top thread. There is so much colour, I'm not sure where to begin, but I'm sure I will figure that out.

I also have a sweetpea pod to finish and a second one to make.

So, I will be busy today, but then I can take a few days break. I have been living in my sewing room for a week and half, but I am thrilled to be able to send this family something.

Have a great day peeps.

Grandma Nan
May 23rd, 2016, 09:26 AM
Thank you for the pictures. Your town looks very beautiful and I love the costumes the dancers are wearing.

seaturtle
May 23rd, 2016, 09:43 AM
Good morning, everyone. We are having another beautiful cool morning in Georgia. This is the first year that spring has actually lasted more than a few days - usually, we go from winter right into summer.

Songbird, great haul from Craigslist. Your daughters are beautiful.

Thanks for posting the pictures of your village celebration. I love seeing the children in their historic costumes.

Linda, that's a wonderful thing you're doing with the Ft. McMurray victims. I continue to pray for them.

My youngest starts his first job tomorrow - interning for a medical device company. We have a few more errands to run to get him ready. Then I will head back to the drawing board on a quilt for my grandson's upcoming birthday. I can't seem to figure out what to do and I thought this would be such an easy project.

Have a great day, y'all.

SewnByBee
May 23rd, 2016, 09:59 AM
Good Morning all.

Nice finds, Norma. Once in a while, I have ran across these and
I'm like.......a kid in a candy store.....so much fun to find a verity of supplies.

I'm consuming my COFFEE , trying to replenish to my normal level of much and necessary CHARGE , after the lack of the supply at my daughters house......gee whizz,
they have to know, If YOU need Bee, Bee needs COFFEE ......lol.
They did go by me some but I think the SMELL of FRESH BREWING COFFEE , is almost, if not more important, as a hot cup of Joe itself......... I love that SMELL of coffee brewing.

I really enjoyed getting to stay and take turns with Reese. He's gonna be a good baby. The first night was a little rough, he was very gassy,but I came prepared with the Mylocon drops, then he settled down, and was easy and happy.

I loved bonding with him, mom and dad too, on this level.I think, it gives us a nice start to the future, grand parting duties....... ☺
I feel so much better. I think that waiting, hoping everything will be OK, and all is one of the hardest things, I've ever done. That helpless feeling, just didn't sit well on me. Thankfully, they are fine. She was in labor for about six hours, Heck, I was like twelve hours, with both of mine, back labor, with Kelci.........that was rough.

................130898 he's so precious.
.........130900 maybe, next time, I'll be able to get some pics with his eyes open better. He has blue eyes, like his Paw Paw. (I wanted my baby's to get them. Michael has the prettiest deep blue eyes) I'm tickeled that Reese got them.....
Hope you all are well, and have a grate week. I have no internet at their house. So I missed saying hello,:lol: and seeing what everyone's busy at.

I'll be home this week and then, I'll go back next week, z will go back to work. She'll need a little help until she's not so sore. :icon_wave:

MayinJerset
May 23rd, 2016, 10:17 AM
See that Bee has been having a good time bonding with her new grandson, he's so cute. Maybe next visit they will have some coffee for you. Looking forward to more photos as newborns change so quickly. Can't believe my newest great grandson is 3 months old already.

Great photos of the folk dances - I'm going to do a Google search of the area as I looks like a great place to visit.

Cathy F
May 23rd, 2016, 10:33 AM
See that Bee has been having a good time bonding with her new grandson, he's so cute. Maybe next visit they will have some coffee for you. Looking forward to more photos as newborns change so quickly. Can't believe my newest great grandson is 3 months old already.

Great photos of the folk dances - I'm going to do a Google search of the area as I looks like a great place to visit.
What a beautiful family May, look at those big eyes a charmer for sure!

JCY
May 23rd, 2016, 11:09 AM
Good Monday Morning! Partly cloudy here. Supposed to be ~70 deg. Much better than that 90 we had a couple days ago. My plans this a.m. are to defrost the freezer. Ugh. But it needs to be done, esp. now before I cook more food for DH & fill it up again. It ends up being a 2-3 hr. job. I have to defrost it twice a year, about every 6 mos. Since the freezer is in the garage, I don't do it in the cold weather. Usually spring & fall.

Loved the festival pics. So colorful. Also beautiful babies. I'm expecting another great GC in Oct. Assuming the baby cooperates with positioning, we'll know on Wed. if it's a boy or a girl.

Bubby
May 23rd, 2016, 11:42 AM
Morning Everyone,

The babies are gorgeous, May and Bee. I got some pictures from Blondie this morning of her new little angel. It seems to be the season for boys to be born. The girls will get their chance, too.

I'm working on a sashed half-hexie quilt. I found some modern fabric layer cakes I forgot I had. It's so hard for me not to sew that I needed to get something going again.

I have a busy week followed by a long weekend. We usually have a cookout for the neighborhood over Memorial weekend. Not sure if I feel up to it this year.

Songbird, you have such beautiful daughters. I think it's smart for them to get their LTC. I have never had to fire my gun but I drew down once when I came home from work and a strange man walked out of my laundry room. Turned out he was a repairman my landlord sent to fix something in my apartment. They should have called me to tell me he might be there. Competitive shooting is a wonderful hobby, too.

Wishing everyone a great day.

SewnByBee
May 23rd, 2016, 11:57 AM
May,he is adorable. They do grow TO fast.

We also like to shoot. Learning safety, and practicing, is really important.
Good looking family Norma.

Barb, glad Blondies sharing pics, expect some from me too.

Wonderful pictures....... very intriguing.

Have a Blessed Day.

songbird857
May 23rd, 2016, 05:02 PM
Songbird, you have such beautiful daughters. I think it's smart for them to get their LTC. I have never had to fire my gun but I drew down once when I came home from work and a strange man walked out of my laundry room. Turned out he was a repairman my landlord sent to fix something in my apartment. They should have called me to tell me he might be there. Competitive shooting is a wonderful hobby, too.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Thanks Barb :) I'm glad to hear that you've never had to actually use it! That's the goal - to have it if necessary, hoping never to have to use it in a bad situation... I'm looking forward to trying some competitive shooting as well. They have courses that are set up like real life scenarios, where you learn to think and react appropriately in the moment.
There were 12 of us from church that took the class. The laws are about to change, making it more expensive soon in this area. The guy that taught our class is super nice - he's offered to allow any of us to test out his handguns before we make a decision on what to actually buy.

easyquilts
May 23rd, 2016, 10:20 PM
Great haul, Norma.... My DD and her husband are planning to take a family course in firearm safety... They have four biys... They'll enjoy it, I'm sure...

easyquilts
May 23rd, 2016, 10:25 PM
It's Minday night, now... It was a beautiful day... I did some quulting on a baby quilt, but have to admit that I spent most if the day binging on Netflis's SLASHER.... I started it last night, but it was too creepy to watch by myself at night.... If nudged the first Seadon... The ending was great.... Can't wait fir Seadon Two...

I think summer tempos are here to stay....at last.... I hope to get dome flowers planted this coming weekend...