PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo it's the weekend. What have you planned?

Monique
December 3rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
Good morning everyone. Yesterday was not a sewing day. Ran errands all day. I did get to the jewellery store to downsize my father's wedding band which I am giving to my youngest son for Christmas. He got married in May and after asking him if he would wear it his reply was yes, but it was too big. Now all ready. This store is closing at the end of December and the savings are 30-70% off, so I purchased a silver medical bracelet for my husband who is diabetic and allergic to penicillen, as a Christmas gift. I was home about an hour when they called and said it was ready. Another trek today to pick that up.

Hopefully get some sewing done today. Could someone make time slow down just a little please.

Well, everyone have a wonderful day in whatever you shall undertake.

Sandy Navas
December 3rd, 2011, 10:22 AM
Monique, if you have access to anyone who has dateline hand brakes, please give them a call for me, too!! I feel like I'm spinning around and don't know when this revolving door will show me an opening. Even if I did find it I'd probably fall flat on my face if I managed to escape. I guess this is truly the life of a procrastinator (ME???)

I am hoping that I can get a couple projects finished today! I am designing a specific portfolio for the girls for Christmas and have one of them all laid out with sample fabric to see how it should go together - you know - put the handles in place before sewing the front and back together. That sort of thing. It is going to be a great project but time consuming to start. And as I'm 'training' three girls in the art of sewing projects for special people (given the fact that each has grandiose ideas that far exceed their ability at the time - one has a birthday today and our 7 YO had about 1/2 hour of privacy today and wanted to make the birthday girl a skirt and a blouse to match . . . ) well, it's those sort of battles I've been fighting. They are fun - but the differences in personalities really come into play when I'm trying to work with three of them at the same time.

So, wish me luck as I have most of the day to myself and can sew, sew, sew . . . now where did I hide that mock-up I made?

Raining here this morning - sure glad it isn't freezing out. It's 15 degrees warmer than it was when I went to bed last night. But, I could feel the snow and cold weather in the air. Love it!!

Okay, not much trouble I can cause here today so I'm going to put away my toys and go play with the big girl stuff. Everyone have a wonderful, productive weekend, stay warm and dry, and keep those needles flying.

Very special prayers being uplifted for those in need; hugs to all my wonderful on-line quilty friends. You keep me going when the going gets bad. Love you all!!

Oh, a post-script. Got a note from Jan G. She's up to her neck in projects and said if she didn't stay off the computer she'd never get finished. I guess we'll see her back here when the holidays are all over.

Shannon
December 3rd, 2011, 10:40 AM
Oh pray for me ladies, I'm spending the afternoon helping my DD run a birthday party for my DGD. She turned 6 yesterday (going on 21) and between her kindergarten class and her daycare group I think she has managed to invite about 20 little darlings!!

I love kids, in moderation. It's been a very long time since I was around so many screaming children :(.

Anyway, wishe me luck!

Sandy Navas
December 3rd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Oh pray for me ladies, I'm spending the afternoon helping my DD run a birthday party for my DGD. She turned 6 yesterday (going on 21) and between her kindergarten class and her daycare group I think she has managed to invite about 20 little darlings!!

I love kids, in moderation. It's been a very long time since I was around so many screaming children :(.

Anyway, wishe me luck!

Shannon - sending you all that I can drum up right now. Don't forget that three have been more than I can handle at once - this week.

MRoy
December 3rd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Shannon and Sandy, good luck with all the kids! I can handle several, but only for a few minutes at a time. LOL! I've put up my few outdoor Christmas decorations this morning. I still need to pick up a couple of extension cords for lights. I'm glad the decorating only happens once a year. Now I'm watching the UK Wildcats play basketball.

meemeecyn
December 3rd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Up and at 'em early this morning. The host of our book club for this month arranged to meet at a local restaurant for breakfast. Normally we go to each other's homes. Very nice discussion, delicious food and great company. I was a bit disappointed knowing that I couldn't 'hit' all the craft fairs, but then realized just how much money I'd be saving. As for 'getting ideas', I already have enough projects going.....

Tomorrow the hospital Auxiliary sponsors "Lights of Memory" where folks 'buy' bulbs for the outsides trees in memory of family/friends who have died. Each name is read while the lights come on. It is such a beautiful ceremony and a great way to honor those who have gone on. Then we have a a chorus sing followed by cocoa and cookies inside the lobby.

Between everything, hope to get some of our decorations up. Maybe if I got out of this chair, I might get some things checked off my to-do list. But I don't feel ready to do much of anything until I have checked in with my quilting friends!

Have a great weekend, ya'll!
Cynthia

quiltingtrish
December 3rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
Happy Saturday everyone!
Well, the craft sale is over. I sold 3 tissue holders and 3 table runners. Not too bad. It does encourage me to try again in the Spring somewhere.

The rest of the day? Have a list I need to tackle.

Hugs,

debinmalaga
December 3rd, 2011, 10:31 PM
Hello all, and happy Saturday night! Remember when those meant par-tay time. Now it's watching Modern Marvels and going to bed at 10, LOL!

I've been feeling sewing withdrawals the past few days, my sewing machine is down. After work today I went to Walmart and Mike bought me a super cheap Brother to use while the Singer gets fixed (supposedly under warranty - we shall see). Once I get the Singer back the Brother can be my machine at our (drumroll....) New Vacation House! We found a property that we fell in love with, darling itty bitty house on 8 acres of wild and wonderful West Virginia. Closing is Thursday and we're spending a four day weekend moving in, shopping for what we need to minimally furnish, and just having fun being somewhere away from home. The plan is to transition from NJ to WV full time, but there's a lot involved with that as Mike would like to buy an auto repair shop, we've still got a daughter in college, etc. etc. So for now it's there for whenever we can get a weekend away and for vacations. It's only a four hour drive, so definitely doable for a long weekend. I'm very excited about this, we've been looking since July.

Trish, congrats on making sales at the craft sale!!! Everyone who has their Christmas decorations up - shame on you for shaming ME - not so much as a wreath up yet.

Off to coax my new little machine to jump through a few hoops, show me what it can do. Hope everyone has a dandy Saturday night.

cyndiofthevortex
December 4th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Hi everybody!
I'm in a panic because I have so many projects going for Christmas gifts - I'm afraid I'm going to freeze up and not be able to finish any of them! I guess I'm feeling overwhelmed. I keep telling myself, just do the next thing. So here I am, doing the next thing witch is getting into my flannels and going to bed.

Deb, I'm so happy for all the blessings that have come your way. Good for you and Mike.

Trish, yay for selling some things! I hope you'll have lots of success in the spring.

Here's for all of you with kids in your life. This is me with 3yr old DGS:

Grammie: Jon, why did you pour baby powder all over the floor under the table?
Jon: I wanted to make it snow.
Grammie: Jon, only God can make it snow.
Jon: I was pretending to be God.

'night, all!
Cyndi

tortugaquilter
December 4th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I started to feel the panic too, and then decided to stop worrying about it. I will get done what I get done, and for the rest I will make up some friendship soup packets, put bows on them and finish everything as soon as I can. Ever since I decided to do that, I have been able to complete several projects. Good Luck!

toggpine
December 4th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I'm making some progress in the Raggedy Ann dolls. I have the "I Love You" embroidered on the heart appliques. The noses are cut and I'll be dragging those into the living room to applique on while the family watches TV. I'll bring out the paint for the rest of the facial features AFTER the 5 year old is in bed. I am having some really cute ideas for a Halloween version. I have to put that on the back burner since I have a few other things that need done before Christmas arrives!

We are headed to Mom's tomorrow to hang up her Christmas lights. Not really our favorite thing to do, but since she can't really get up on a ladder anymore....

I agree on the pressure-to-produce feelings. Once you let it go I seem to get more done as the self-imposed anxiety is released, and you creativity flows much better.
Speaking of completing things... I had better get back to the project at hand!
Take care! Cathy