PDA

View Full Version : Happy Saturday and for my fellow Canadians, happy long weekend

Lyndaj
May 21st, 2016, 09:37 AM
Good morning folks.

Thought I would start off, since no one else had.

Am happy to say that I bought myself some time. I had put a self imposed deadline on myself to ship my quilts to the Fort McMurray family by today. Well, yesterday when I was figuring out how I was going to ship today, I called up Purolator to find out how late I could drop off today. The kind lady told me, that it would not ship today, but would rather ship on Tuesday afternoon (due to our Victoria Day holiday on Monday). So, I bought myself three more days to finish the large quilt and two sweetpea pods. I'm one happy camper.

So, I will be sewing with a little less urgency for the next couple of days. On the bright side, I have two of the three quilts now finished and laundered.:icon_bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

MayinJerset
May 21st, 2016, 09:54 AM
Isn't it great when you can extended a deadline, sure takes the pressure off. Great work with the quilts for the Fort McMurray family, they will surely appreciate your efforts to bring them some comfort during this tragic time. I recently found out that US quilters could send their quilts and/or maple leaf blocks to a gal in the US. Think I'll copy it and post in the quilting section.

Wishing our Canadian friends have a long and happy Victoria Day weekend.

Cathy F
May 21st, 2016, 10:04 AM
Morning all,
Yesterday turned out to be "one of those days". I woke up with a stiff neck , had an embroidery class I was looking forward to and was not about to give it up. After sitting for 4 hours with my head down over the machine I was looking forward to getting home with a heated rice bag on it. Got home and my husband tells me our granddaughter (18) had been taken to the ER Wednesday night with severe right flank pain, operated on Thursday, turns out the gall bladder had to come out. She was able to have the laproscopic procedure and came home Friday afternoon. So off we go to see her. Son is out on strike with Verizon which terminated all their health benefits so thank goodness my daught-in-law had quickly picked up her company's health insurance and it was in effect for this emergency. They said it happened so quickly they didn't leave the hospital till she came home. Guess they didn't want us to worry which I surely would have.
Hope to have a more normal day today. Tonight is our fundraiser event so looking forward to that. Wishing everyone a good weekend!

peggiep
May 21st, 2016, 10:47 AM
Good Morning all!

I was busy this morning getting laundry done, pulling some weeds in the flower beds and getting things sorted out for my "get away" week so didn't get around to posting anything this morning. Just stopped for my 2nd cuppa and thought I would pop by.

Happy May 2-4 Long Weekend! The weather is certainly cooperating in our neck of the woods so I was able to hang the wash on the line.

Cathy F - glad your GD is doing ok. 18 is very young for gall bladder, but it is amazing what they can do in the ER these days to make it so much less invasive than it was! I hope also that you are feeling better, too.

Lyndaj - Congrats on your deadline extension., You are doing a wonderful gesture in sending the quilts to Fort Mac. I have been going through my "stuff" to see what I can send to the relief effort and thought some sheets and pillow cases would be needed to. Maybe they will be paired with your quilts.

Haven't heard from Monique this morning so I wonder if she is either on the road to Trenton for a visit with family or if her meds have allowed her to get some much needed rest.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and enjoys it to the fullest!

Ginny B
May 21st, 2016, 11:38 AM
Good morning and Happy Saturday to all. This is the first weekend in a long time that we don't have somewhere to be. So we are getting a lot of things done. Hubby is getting the oil changed and a couple of other things done on my car right now and after he is doing with that, he is going to do the grocery shopping. I am giving the house some much needed attention. I am doing things carefully though. Late Thursday afternoon my knee started to hurt when I walked. By the time I got home from work, I could barely put any weight in it. Felt like it was trying to bend the other way. It didn't hurt to touch it or didn't hurt just sitting or even standing. Just when I moved it. So, I spent yesterday just sitting and put an ace bandage on it too. It started to feel better by last night and thus morning I only feel an occasional twinge. Nothing like Thursday or yesterday . So I have very carefully gotten my bathroom cleaned, two loads of laundry done and now I am headed into the living room to attack that room.

Cathy, glad your gd is home and ok. Lyndaj,. What a wonderful thing you are doing for the Ft. McMurray family. I am sure they will treasure your caring gift.

Happy long weekend to all our Canadian friends. Looking forward to ours next weekend. Have a great day all.

Monique
May 21st, 2016, 11:48 AM
REST? HAhaha. Just got the grass cut, taking a much deserved rest. The blackflies are too bad as long as you don't stop.
I only swallowed a few. Then it is a much needed shower. I am going to Trenton tomorrow though. I NEED my kids fix. I don't think hubby is coming, he's sick. Maizyn already told him he couldn't go if he was sick, he would make them all sick, so he has to stay home. LOL!!

Still coughing and blowing my nose a lot. But it is all coming out.

Have a great long weekend friends.