PDA

View Full Version : Hoot Hoot where are the owls?

stationarymom
May 21st, 2016, 02:39 AM
I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone was doing tonight?I had some coffee after dinner around 7pm and am still wide awake from that tonight.I saw a set of templates for a Giant Dahlia on Mass Drop but didn't buy them yet.Has anyone else ever made a Giant Dahlia and is it really difficult to piece?

toggpine
May 21st, 2016, 03:29 AM
Well, I thought I had posted a night owl thread about two hours ago, but I see it's not here.

I did a bunch of purging today. Just not in the intended area. I will not be complaining though. Every area that gets the treatment is good in my book. I'm still holding out hope for installing the last two bookcases by Sunday.

I'm done for the night though. Happy hooting!

shawnan
May 21st, 2016, 03:50 AM
Only one day left to get those bookcases installed.

I did some cleaning (some==very little) in my sewing area today. I didn't sleep so good last night so I needed a nap. Then this evening we had a dinner to go to. We attend a "Hill Toppers" group at church who treats us to a nice dinner at the end of the year. (We skip meeting in the summer.) so that was very nice and no cooking.

Tomorrow I need to get some work done on a project I should have done by the 29th. I'm a very slow sewist, usually due to indecision on my part. Hopefully I can get that part over with tomorrow and dig in and sew. It will be a nice change of pace from some bags I've been working on.

I went to the doctor earlier this week and ended up with another medication - but this one makes me need to tinkle quite frequently so I hope I can sleep tonight. The good news is that they didn't find any blood clots.

Nancy - who's going to miss the Preakness tomorrow :icon_sniff:

RockinLou
May 21st, 2016, 04:38 AM
Hello All! It's Saturday mid-day here in KAZ, I'm trying to wrap up some miscellaneous paperwork for school, then hope to spend the rest of the afternoon/evening piecing a quilt top. I've sewn a lot of clothing over the past few years, so focusing on quilting is really a pleasure for me!

kimsophia
May 21st, 2016, 08:01 AM
Hoot hoot! The only sewing I've done lately is to zig zag stitch around some towels so they won't fray so badly. Yesterday my buddy helped with yard work then we went bird watching down by the river. We think we saw an Eastern kingbird. It was black and white.

I'm thinking I might do some more applique piecing today to take a break from the cross stitch. That's a little tough for my eyes.

Toggpine, come purge my house next!

Neller
May 21st, 2016, 09:09 AM
Hello night owls! I'm on a break from sewing for awhile we travelled to Portland in our RV to celebrate our granddaughter's first birthday. My how time flies! After Memorial Day we are going home for two days and then travelling to Chicago to see our eldest son and on the way home we are making a pilgrimage to Hamilton, Missouri, to shop in each and every M* store! I am excited!

Toggpine, you can come purge my house, too! I have boxes I haven't unpacked since we moved to Spokane 4 years ago. I'm guessing I don't need what is in them! Have a great weekend, y'all!