PDA

View Full Version : Friday at last

Monique
May 20th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Well it is here. I believe it is a long weekend for us all, Canada and US, right?

Health update: I went to the clinic yesterday and am now on medication for bronchitis and an infection. Antibiotics, prednisone and inhalers. Good thing I went. I just could not take that awful wheezing at night. And it was bad enough that Les put me out of the room because of it. So I am on the mend. Thank you all for your get well wishes. Now pray that I don't kill Les. Poor baby, woke up with a sore throat this morning. He was planning to go away to the camp for the weekend but not now. Of course he will be sicker than me. I wasn't going to go to Trenton to see the kids but I just may go now to get away. LOL!! I am thinking by Sunday I should be well on my way to recovery and well enough to go see them.

Anyway, that is what is shaking in this household. I do have to work today. But I am hoping for to get a little sewing done this weekend.

Have a safe and wonderful weekend to any of you who are traveling this weekend and enjoy yourselves, no matter what you chose to do.

peggiep
May 20th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Morning Monique and everyone who follows.

Monique I'm glad you went to have your illness checked out and that recover enough to get to Trenton.

I'm off to have breakfast with a friend in Merrickville, then do a little shopping. Too bad there isn't a quilt shop there, I need some supplies. I guess I'll just have to wait until next week while I'm on a mini road trip with a friend. DH isn't very pleased that I am leaving him to fend for himself for a whole week, but I'll leave him lots of prepared food so he should be good.

Have a wonderful long weekend everyone. It will be busy on the highways and biways, so stay safe!

Bubby
May 20th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Morning Everyone,

It's raining again this morning. We had a beautiful day yesterday and I took advantage of it and went shopping for clothes. I had fairly good luck with pants and shoes but not with tops. I was exhausted when I got home. Am I the only one who gets tired trying clothes on?

Our long weekend is next week at the end of the month (Memorial Day).

Monique, I'm so happy you took yourself to the doctor. You need to get some extra rest and take super good care of yourself.

For those who prayed for my daughter's big day of final testing yesterday.....she did great and passed! She's in a very competitive career field as an esthetician. Now she has a few days off and hopefully she will get some rest so she can kick her bad cold. Thank you so much for your prayers. I told her that members of our forum prayed for her and she wanted me to thank you and said she really needed the prayer.

Today will be a slow day with just a few chores. I feel like doing a little sewing today. I may start a baby quilt using the Super Zig pattern Monique posted yesterday.

Wishing everyone a super Friday and weekend.....with hugs....

mario1360
May 20th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Good morning, happy to see good vibes this morning ladies. Get well and be happy.
I receive my parcel from M* yesterday but still need to go get it at the postal depot. Great fun for the weekend.
Its going to be alovely long weekend full of sunshine. I have not been this enthousiastic for a hobby before and I have tried lots....
Everyone have a blessed Friday.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 20th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Itīs Friday and weekend days go by very fast. Monique am happy and feel better in his throat but sorry about Les,now we will pray for him, looks set to have a weekend trip, I hope you have a good time. Bubby very well for her daughter, is very nice things to go well, hopefully itīs all over as she wants to continue remembering it. This week I have to go my sisterīs house because as has a cat and she has gone on vacation because Iīm a few hours at home for the animalito not this one, she lives across the street from my house, across the street and I have not to walk a lot. This weekend is celebrated in the next village (Gorliz) a festival of folk dances, are groups of many surrounding villages and celebrate a community meal and then dancing, and as three of my granddughters dance, Iīll go and spend one day I hope it does not rain but today we have a sunny day, but with spring never know. I wish that everyone in the forum have a nice weekend, that your wishes are met and we are all well, smiles, prayers and greetings

MayinJerset
May 20th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Good News this morning with Monique working at beating her horrible cold and Barb's DD passing her exam.

PT later and then a quick food shopping. DH and I haven't been feeling tip top this past week and need some comfort food. He had a tooth extracted and can only eat soft foods which we seem to be out of. Made a spinach and white bean soup last night that wasn't great tasting but we both were so hungry that we each ate 2 bowls full for dinner. Think I'll get fixings for some creamy carrot soup as that always hits the spot for us when we're not feeling good and maybe buy some cream of chicken soup that DH likes.

Looking forward to a better week for all of us. Memorial Day weekend coming up and we hope to be able to attend the BBQ DGD C and her DH are hosting next Saturday. Tour of their house is included but we already had a tour on Mother's Day. Their kitchen is to die for, great cabinets and appliances and most of all great open space to move around. When you have a one behind kitchen like DH and I have sometimes trying to get a meal cooked gets to be a bit of a problem.

WendyI
May 20th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Morning all! Monique, glad you got yourself to the doc. I figured you had an infection. Rest up!

Today is my last day of work for ten days. I am determined to get my spare room organized and my sewing center set up. I really dislike the room so need to get it set up and cozy so I can enjoy it. So I am going to spend some time researching sewing rooms and see if I can set it up the way I like. Wish my sewing table was on legs. I'd really like to have it in front of the window but I have a sofa bed in there that I would have to move every time someone stays over. So have to figure all that out. Then I am going to spend the rest of the time sewing those baby quilts. MUST get them done.

So...busy work day today as a result so I should get to it!

Sending love and hugs to all who need them! xox

seaturtle
May 20th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Morning, everyone. I've been a long-time lurker of this thread and enjoy reading it so I thought I would jump in and join you. Monique, take care of yourself and be sure to get some rest. Hope the meds kick in and you feel better soon.

Peggiep, have a wonderful time on your trip. Sounds like fun.

Bubby, glad to hear your DD did well on her exams. Clothes shopping is one of my least favorite chores. It really is a chore.

Mario, I love your enthusiasm. Have a productive weekend.

URIBARRI-MAYOR, I would love to see some pictures of the folk dances your GD do. It must be lovely. Hope the weather is good for the festivities.

Mayinjersey, hope you and DH feel better soon.

Wendy, good luck with your room. I love rearranging furniture and rooms. It always feels like a fresh start.

We are traveling this weekend for a basketball tournament. My youngest (will be a junior next year) plays BB all year long and in the spring and summer, that means travel-ball. We are off for a weekend in Nashville. Does anyone know of quilt shops that I shouldn't miss in the Nashville area? I am hoping for some that have their row by row stuff out. I'll have to look it up - I'll have plenty of time in the car to google.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

toggpine
May 20th, 2016, 01:12 PM
A day when I am not expected at the school, or anywhere else for that matter!

I'm finishing up here with you all, turning on the music, and making a bigger mess to have a smaller one. "Let it go." is my motto today!
I'll try listing some stuff on Craigslist/OfferUp, and whatever doesn't sell there will go to the school rummage sale or the thrift shop.

Make it a great day; share a smile! Hugs, Cathy

rebeccas-sewing
May 20th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Monique - so glad you got yourself to the doc but sorry to hear the man is now getting sick.

Congrats for your daughter, Bubby! What a relief that's over, right?

URIBARRI-MAYOR where do you live? I'm sure you must've told us at some point but I can't remember.

I'm having intestinal troubles. Like nothing I've experienced before. I'll be off to the doc on Monday if I'm not better by then. Night before last I was awake with the chills, then hot, intestines feeling extremely agitated. My abdomen was so uncomfortable that it hurt to put any pressure on it, mostly on the left side. Yesterday, I just laid around ALL day. I thought for sure I'd never sleep last night, but fortunately I only woke up once before morning. So weird to feel this way and hoping it's nothing serious. The fact that I had chills suggests some sort of virus perhaps. I hate being under the weather. I am so rarely ever ill so when I am down I assume I'm dying. hahaha I have a feeling I'll be moving slowly again today.

JCY
May 20th, 2016, 07:09 PM
I took advantage of a beautiful day (high was 89 deg.) to do some weeding in my flower beds. Years ago, the neighbor lady next door planted some plant that came under the fence. It spreads underground by the roots. I've never been able to get rid of it! It's so invasive, it pops up everywhere, even in the middle of other perennials. So that's where I started. I finished the worst section. About 2 hrs. at a time is all I can do these days. I quit at noon, when it was starting to get hot. In my younger days, I used to weed 2-3 hrs. in the a.m., then go to work at the hosp. for 8 hrs. on swing shift. Gone are those days! Oh, if only all the flower beds were weeded! (Sigh.)

This afternoon I warmed up my shoulder with the heat pack & did the exercises I'm supposed to do from therapy. This will be ongoing for who knows how long. The ortho. dr. said to continue them 3 d/wk. for at least 2 mos., but my therapist said she thinks I'll need to do them indefinitely, since that shoulder has a tendency to have problems.

I need to get started on the Bobo Baby Bobo Elephant quilt for a new mom at church; her baby boy is due in Aug. I'm thinking I might make a D9P. I wasn't too keen on Jenny's new tutorial today.

Monique, glad to hear you're on the mend. I hope your DH won't be too sick. Best of health to those who are having touches of whatever "bug". I hope everyone has a good week end!