PDA

View Full Version : Thursday has arrived

Monique
May 19th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Good morning. Feeling somewhat better but still that nagging cough and terrible wheezing at night. So I am going to go see about it this morning. I have an appointment to have new tires installed on the van and then off to emergency. I just can't seem to cough up that furball.

I did a little work outside yesterday and managed to get the new lawn mower put together.

So that is what my day looks like. I am hoping to be well enough that I could go visit Phil and the girls this weekend but we shall see. I don't want them to catch this.

I do work tomorrow and next Tuesday.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
May 19th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I woke up early with loads of energy and I already have my chores done for today. I don't often get days like this. I'm heading out to the city for a few hours this morning for some summer clothes and shoes. I seldom dress up anymore but I need some business casual things for when I have to appear in court. There are no fabric or quilt shops where I'm going, just a yarn shop that has a bit of grossly overpriced fabric. There's a WalMart store but their fabric department isn't all that good. Sometimes I buy needles and other miscellaneous items there.

Monique, it's good your will see a doctor for your coughing/wheezing. I hope he gives you something to help you with your breathing.

Wishing everyone a good Thursday....where has this week gone?

I have been going through my BLOCK magazines and have a few quilt projects lined up for later.

My daughter, Christina, has a tough day of testing ahead of her today and she has a bad summer cold....please remember her in your prayers. The results of today will determine if she gets her dream job or not. Thank you.

Monique
May 19th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I woke up early with loads of energy and I already have my chores done for today. I don't often get days like this. I'm heading out to the city for a few hours this morning for some summer clothes and shoes. I seldom dress up anymore but I need some business casual things for when I have to appear in court. There are no fabric or quilt shops where I'm going, just a yarn shop that has a bit of grossly overpriced fabric. There's a WalMart store but their fabric department isn't all that good. Sometimes I buy needles and other miscellaneous items there.

Wishing everyone a good Thursday....where has this week gone? Hugs, Barb

I have been going through my BLOCK magazines and have a few quilt projects lined up for later.

My daughter, Christina, has a tough day of testing ahead of her today and she has a bad summer cold....please remember her in your prayers. The results of today will determine if she gets her dream job or not. Thank you.

Done. Said a little prayer for Christina.

peggiep
May 19th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Morning everyone! Is it Thursday already???? WOW, this week has flown by.

Prayers sent for both Monique and Christina.

I finally finished one of the flower beds yesterday and hope to complete another one today. I tried to move a pretty spring bulb that was flowering in an old bed to a more visible space and only succeeded in cutting off the roots with the shovel. I hope it comes back next spring and I'll try again. Then, I transplanted blooming tulips, which I knew I shouldn't do, but if I waited till they finished blooming, I would never find them again in all the weeds that grow up where they are planted. With any luck, they will survive in their new spot. The rest of the flowers are starting to look good. I can't wait for the Lily of the Valley and Lilacs to come out.

Today, I also have to get organized for my girl's week away. Must get food prepared for DH to survive while I'm gone, make sure he has clean clothes to wear and make the house spic and span...looks like I better get busy.

Have a wonderful day!

Lyndaj
May 19th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Good morning from gloomy Ontario. Where did the sunshine go?

At any rate, I wasn't as productive as I wanted to be yesterday, but learned some new skills along the way. Have never put a quilt label on the back of my quilts and was looking for a way to sign these quilts. Saw a way to monogram in the binding. Took awhile to figure out how to make my machine do that, but I'm pleased. Unfortunately, the binding is not yet on the quilt. That's first this morning.

Second, I'm halfway done a Sweetpea Pod which will be going with the quilts. Instructions are wordy and not too clear in places, but we're getting there. Very happy with the result, considering I never sew stuff like that.

So, I want to ship tomorrow, so miraculously I need to bind the one quilt, and sew, sandwich and bind the second quilt that's currently on my design wall. I think it's now in an acceptable design. I ended up having a lot of duplicate fabrics as when I started this quilt it was going to contain 30 squares and not the 20 I decided on. Oh well.

I hope you feel better Monique.

Have a good one everyone.

ucarrieme
May 19th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Happy Thursday! Made it over the hump, it's all downhill from here! My Thursday plan is to do a quick clean house cleaning and spend the rest of the day in the sewing room!

toggpine
May 19th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Good morning!
I have a morning Hands On Art class for the kindergarteners this morning. Then I need to scoot back here and do a bit of prep work for the after school sewing class. If I can get that all caught up, I need to start clearing space for the two book cases in our room.
My home is going to look like a war zone for a while, but I have high hopes for the finished project!

Best of luck on the plant transplants Peggie! Sometimes if you just do it, they don't know that you weren't supposed to do it that way, and thrive in their new spot.
Happy shopping Barb. Have fun finding some new spring/summer clothes. I found a couple of nice tops at the thrift store when I went looking for some jeans to make Em some knee length shorts. Now to find a reason to dress up in more than a T-shirt!

I had better get to moving! The princess is still in bed, and I'll have to face a class of 20 kindergartners caffeinated if I don't!
Make it a great day and don't forget to share a smile!
Hugs, Cathy

Cathy F
May 19th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Morning all,
Just a quick hello as I have a couple of busy days ahead. Tomorrow is an embroidery class I'm taking, I'm sure it will be a long term project but that's ok. Saturday night is our Pilot Club event and I have to bake cupcakes for it, and tonight I have my students making royal icing flowers in class for I also have to make a batch of icing for it.

Was not feeling too well this morning but whatever is going on seems to be subsiding, thank goodness!

Monique and Christina, sending positive thought for good results. Off to get things started, wishing all a good day!

JCY
May 19th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Late afternoon here. It was sunny and 86 deg. today! Finally some sunshine! Today I had planned to attend a senior symposium -- lots of county resources for the aging, etc. Decided to stay home. Didn't really feel like mingling with crowds. I kept DH company, did laundry, cut some 5" squares, did some house work, then hit the recliner & read my book. Maybe tomorrow it will be dry enough & I'll have to energy to get crackin' on the flower bed weeding.