PDA

View Full Version : Good Wednesday morning

Monique
May 18th, 2016, 07:44 AM
What is so good about it? Well, half the week is over, the sun is shining bright (at least here this morning), and we all awoke to a brand new day didn't we.

Throat still hurts like HADES this morning and not coughing right now. I really do hope the cough has passed. My ribs are sore. I've not much energy do anything. Bubba and I are resting together cyberly (if that's a word). I am resting so well, I am watching Downton Abbey from the beginning. I was feeling so poorly yesterday, I gave Les money so he could buy supper for him and the momma so I wouldn't have to cook.

I am sure Blondie is up to her eyebrows in baby love. How wonderful for her to have this grandbaby so close.

I don't think I mentioned that one of my sewing machines went to the hospital. This one was bought at an auction sale for about $26. Went to use it one day, reverse would not work, stitch selector was out of whack, zig zag was a straight stitch, well you get the picture. Anyhow, my friend Lynda works in the city and took it in for me. She is all repaired and will be back here on the weekend. I was able to pay for it by email transfer and Lynda will bring her home for me. And I never left the house. How good is that?

So friends, enjoy this day to the fullest and be thankful for what you have. I may try and DO something in the sewing room today.

peggiep
May 18th, 2016, 08:02 AM
Happy Hump-Day :)
There is nothing on my calendar for today so I will take the opportunity to do some much needed spring cleaning and getting rid of stuff in my closet that has seen better days. I hope to be able to spend some time in the sewing room....so many projects on the go that must be completed.
Monique - I'm sorry you are still feeling under the weather. My cold seems to be a little better,with just a stuffy nose and a little bit of a cough.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day doing something that makes you happy!

:)

Carol336
May 18th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Good morning Monique and all who follow.

Sorry to hear you're still under the weather Monique.....but I'm sure Les and Momma weren't complaining FREE dinner last night!
Hope you're feeling better soon.

Didn't get much done yesterday. Spent the day at the hospital with a dear friend who has had a very debilitating stroke. He is unable to swallow and his advance directives state that he does not want a feeding tube....so the family is just sitting vigil at this point. The sad thing is that his wife (my DH's cousin) of 60 years just passed last July. The family is just numb with grief DH is taking it particularly hard as this is one of his best friends for the past 50 years. No only was he married to DH's cousin, but before they retired they both owned businesses in our town and they, along with several other business owners had lunch together every day for decades....and when Joe passes, DH will be the only one left. He's taking it pretty hard. W're headed back up to the hospital this morning.

Wishing everyone a lovely day

Bubby
May 18th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Morning Everyone,

I think our rain is gone for a while. Everything is so green and lush, which means we need to mow again.

Carol, sorry to hear about your friend. Strokes can be so devastating.

I'm in the middle of the application process to become a CASA. I have all my references lined up and ready to tell all...lol! After that part I will go in for drug screening, followed by 5 weeks of training and then being sworn in by the court. I found out there is a small group within CASA that makes quilts for the kids. What do you bet I'll be making little quilts again.

I think we have a renter for our vacancy. This is good news.

Monique, I think you just have to ride your cold out. Downton Abbey is always good for what ails you. Make yourself a cup of tea and curl up in a quilt.

Wishing everyone a blessed Wednesday.

quiltingtrish
May 18th, 2016, 08:22 AM
Whatever you have seems to be making it's way around the school here too - the coughing and sore throat that lingers. Hope you feel better soon.
With the school year winding down I have my list for summer ready to go. I try to get a lot of the major cleaning done, red out closets, keep up with the flower beds, and pop in the quilt room. I started in the kitchen - DH loves when I do that cause stuff in the cupboards get rearranged and he will ask for the next week or so where something is. I did some more sewing on my honey bun log cabin blocks - I may get more finished if I just bring one of the machines upstairs for the summer. Right now the table is covered with plastic drink bottles and travel coffee mugs I need to take to the church for their 'donation yard sale' on Saturday. Where do those things come from - must multiply overnight like the dust bunnies.
Off for work here. I never know until I get to school where I might end up covering classes and such. The teachers try to get their comp time taken adding to that the ones who are out sick or for conferences, etc. that I may have 20 or some kids at any time.
Have a great day everyone - hope you feel better soon Monique and Bubba.

MayinJerset
May 18th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Oh, Monique I had hoped your cough and throat would be better by now, taking it easy and watching Downton Abbey is a good way to rest up. Hope Bubba is getting some rest too.

You are right, Blondie must be spending as much time as she can with her new little grandson, hope she has some new photos to share with us. Not sure what I'll be doing today but I know several loads of laundry are high on my Have To Do list. Now to get some more coffee to help me over Wednesday's Hump.130628

Lyndaj
May 18th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Good sunny morning everyone.

I am making great progress on my quilts. The puppy quilt is done. The daughter's quilt is almost quilted and hope to be bound today. The parent's quilt is on my design wall. Has to be pieced today and hopefully sandwiched today. Moving right along.

I have been binge watching The Great British Sewing Bee while sewing. Never done that before, but it is a nice distraction.

Have a great day folks.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 18th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Like every day there so many news in this forum, Monique hope that soon this good of all and enjoy the spring, it seems that their countries have already completed the school year in my country there is still more than a month, holidays are in the summer of June 24 to September 10, so we can enjoy all summer, I in summer even have two granddaughtes to take care although the bulk out alone his sister coming with me to the beach, ride and we had a great time with other mothers or grandmothers and children.Today I spent the morning at my sister who has gone away, she was widowed two year ago and still had no desire to travel, but this year decided to visit a friend in Minsk (Belarus) and one of his DS accompanying him, I was a little nervous but I want to have a good time and see many beautiful things. Yesterday saw SewnByBee ,grandmother was from here too and I wish congratulations to her and baby´s parent, meanwhile send greetings to those who need prayers and smiles

mario1360
May 18th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Good Wednesday morning to everyone.
Soothing thoughts to all that are suffering.
I always work from home on Wednesdays, love that.
My shingles seem to be withdrawing....pain level is much lower from a 7 last week to a 3 today...:icon_woohoo:

only 11 days to a huge quilt show here in Montreal, it will be my first, I wonder if it is allowed to take pictures?

everyone have a blessed day.

WendyI
May 18th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Morning all. Carol, so sorry to hear about DH's friend. That must be so hard on him. Monique, strep throat has been going around...maybe you should see a doc? I get so sick with that so the first sign of a sore throat I am off to the doc in a flash! Feel better soon!

I was feeling poorly yesterday afternoon, enough that I had to leave work. I thought I was getting a stomach bug, so hot and sweaty, nauseated, weak...and just had NO energy at all. Went home and was in bed most of the evening. Feeling better today so no idea what it was.

Lots of work today so best get to it! Thinking of you all and sending love and hugs to those in need. xox

JCY
May 18th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Monique, do your stores up there sell Chloro-septic throat spray? That helps with the hurt. Are you gargling with warm salt water? Even just warm water w/o the salt helps. I hope you feel better soon.

I finished the mini 4-Patch Lattice Quilt yest. (See Show & Tell.) I just need to hand tack the corners of the binding & sew on a label. Probably not much sewing will get done today. DH has another lab draw to re-ck. his blood sodium level. He has Hyponatremia. I have a massage scheduled for 1:30. I can really use that! I overworked my shoulder/arm yest., so it's hurting worse this a.m. No exercises for me today!

We woke up to fog this a.m., which doesn't happen that often here. We've had several days of rain. Everything is soaked. The neighborhood rabbits don't seem to mind. I saw 4 this a.m. in the neighbors' yards. One hung around our yard most of the day yest.

Happy Hump Day!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 18th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Good morning all! Hope you feel better soon Monique and Wendy!

My son came to St. Louis yesterday to see the Blues play in the playoff game. Not a good result for the team, but he and his buddy scored great tickets in a club box, cushy seats and all the food and drink you could handle! So after it looked hopeless for a team win, they just enjoyed the joys of their great seats! They were somewhat in pain this morning from the free flow of adult beverages, but they got themselves on the road this morning to KC to catch a a Royals game. Ah youth!

I made this cushion this morning for my friends' new addition to their lake home. I only had to rip about 5 times, but I guess it turned out OK. Going to deliver it to him this afternoon.

Going to my son's house this weekend. The oldest grandson will be 13 tomorrow! Yikes, 5 entering their teenage years in the next 5 years! Maybe I am thankful they all live far away! Not really, I miss them all a lot!

Have a great day!