PDA

View Full Version : the Santa clause

SallyO'Sews
May 17th, 2016, 11:43 AM
My DD learned a while back not to share her opinion on the reality of Santa Claus (aka Father Christmas or St. Nicolas, among other names) with her Kindergarten students. Here's the discussion between two of them today:

J: "Santa is not even real."
R: "Santa IS real! Him camed to my house by flying in his sled."
J: "Well, he didn't come to MY house. My uncle just gave me presents."
R:"Santa lives in the North Pole."
J: "Did you know that the North Pole is covered with ice floes that have been melting for a lonnng time, and that, if Santa even had his workshop at the North Pole, it would sink, and EVERYBODY KNOWS that PEOPLE cannot BREATHE underWATER!"
J: "Also, if Santa had his workshop in the midnight zone, then he wouldn't even be able to see, because the midnight zone is the darkest place in the ocean! They even have creatures like the gulper eel!"
J: "I think I know what you're talking about. You're talking about SANTA FE. It's a car. Not Santa."
J: "Why don't you just ask Miss M.? She knows EVERYTHING."
R: "Miss M., is Santa real?"

Miss M.: ".....That's a discussion for you to have with your mommy."

R: "Well, Santa is real, I KNOW it!"

klgls
May 17th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Cute - and one smart teacher. :)

auntiemern
May 17th, 2016, 12:20 PM
My heart breaks a little more each time one of the kids find out the reality of it all. Before long I won't have anyone left that still believes...although I still do. It is 'ALL' about the magic of the season, and the true reason for it.

rebeccas-sewing
May 17th, 2016, 01:06 PM
As my friend always said to her son, "Don't believe, don't receive."

alliek
May 17th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Oh my, still laughing. God Bless teachers, AND ALL the little ones!

kensington
May 17th, 2016, 03:18 PM
My heart breaks a little more each time one of the kids find out the reality of it all. Before long I won't have anyone left that still believes...although I still do. It is 'ALL' about the magic of the season, and the true reason for it.

I believe girlfriend.

jjkaiser
May 17th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Well that is one smart cookie for knowing all about global warming and the midnight Sun in kindegarten!!! Loved that little conversation and of course I know Santa is real! I used to tell my kids how could all the mommies and daddies all over the world, who speak different languages, get together and decide to make up this person named Santa Claus? How could that even happen? That usually did the trick with the doubters!

Cokie
May 17th, 2016, 06:59 PM
I saw a sign once that said, "If you stop believing in Santa, you get underwear for Christmas!"

Once when my oldest son was at the age where he was beginning to wonder if Santa was real, he wanted a Nintendo in the worst way for Christmas. Like a lot of young parents, we didn't have a lot of money when the kids were small and sometimes they heard that something was "too expensive" or we "couldn't afford it right now." That year I happened to win a gift certificate to a local store that was almost the exact cost of the Nintendo he wanted. On Christmas morning, when he opened his Nintendo, he exclaimed, "Now I know Santa is real, because we could never afford this!" You just never know where a little Christmas magic might come from when you believe.

stationarymom
May 18th, 2016, 02:30 AM
I love these posts kids can be so precious.

WendyI
May 18th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Canada Post does a video where you email them the first name of your child and the gifts they are hoping to get, and a few other generic bits of info. They then have an algorithm that inserts the information into a "speech" that Santa gives directed specifically to your child. Because his beard is so thick you can't read his lips so it seems as though Santa is speaking directly to your child.

Well the year that Liam was starting to doubt, we did this. Emailed off what his special gift wishes were, and lo and behold he got an video email directly from Santa talking right to HIM! While he was watching it, his eyes were as big as saucers and he says, "I LOVE YOU SANTA!!" I wish I had caught that on video! He believed for 2 more years after that!

redcaboose1717
May 18th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Marilyn,
While I will admit it takes some of the "fun " out of the day when the kids become old enough to question if Santa is real, I always made sure I took the kids to the same place each year to visit Santa etc. We wrote letters to Santa etc. I also always made sure that while Santa is a lot of fun, that they knew what Christmas was really all about. Each year, I would make ( I did this on Christmas Eve "day" ) a Birthday Cake for Jesus. Each year, the kids took turns deciding on what kind of cake ( square,round bundt cake pan etc ) it would be and the flavor of the cake & frosting. The kids always looked forward to the B-day cake for Jesus.
( I still do this....)
I also let the "older" kids in on Santa and asked them to help us with the little kids to keep the "fantasy" going.....it was fun for them to help out, and I honestly don't think that any of the kids ever "told" the younger ones that "Santa" wasn't real. I always had one gift that was from "Santa", which I still do to this day, although my kids have kids of their own.

Christmas is so enjoyable and it's awesome to watch the little ones when we do the traditions we have had for over 40 yrs now. My children are continuing with their own traditions as well as the ones we had, which is awesome ! Of course most of my kids live out of state, and take turns coming home it's still a lot of fun. Our house is usually the place everyone wants to come to, ( we have a huge finished basement with a Jacuzzi hot tub in the basement too ) and I really enjoy having the holidays !