PDA

View Full Version : All is not lost

asta
May 16th, 2016, 09:05 PM
All is not lost with our society. About 2 months ago a guy (thug) broke into out house through our front door, since then it has not been working correctly and there were several gaps around it that we just shoved insulation into to keep out drafts and bugs, it has not been usable. Today we had a couple of young men in to replace it and finish the trim. Since I had to move the living room furniture I decided that this was a perfect time to wash and wax the hardwood floors. These guys took the time to help me move furniture and roll up room size rugs in living room, guestroom as well as the den. Husband helped move most of it back when he left for work and I was able to finish one small hallway. The guys that did the door this morning just stopped by and helped me replace the rugs and rearrange a few of the larger pieces. We do know the company owner from way back but it was definitely the goodness in these guys to come back to help, restores my faith in our young people.

snippet
May 16th, 2016, 09:41 PM
aww, that does restore hope in our society!

KarenC
May 16th, 2016, 10:03 PM
It's always nice to recognize them when this happens. Happy for you and them.

Grandma Nan
May 16th, 2016, 11:17 PM
What a wonderful gesture. It is so nice to hear good stories.

Angela J
May 16th, 2016, 11:38 PM
That was really sweet of them to do. It's nice to hear of good deeds, so often they go by unnoticed.

jjkaiser
May 17th, 2016, 12:36 AM
Your story made me smile and of course you will share it with the owner of their company I hope! Sorry about your door.

stationarymom
May 17th, 2016, 01:41 AM
Isn't it wonderful to see that there are still good people in the world.Thanks for sharing,I'm sorry to hear about the break in.

Monique
May 17th, 2016, 07:33 AM
There is still good in the world.

Bubby
May 17th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Isn't it wonderful when an act of kindness can renew faith in your fellow man!

MayinJerset
May 17th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Thanks for sharing the story, it's always good to hear about people helping each other without being paid or forced, just because they are good people.

WendyI
May 17th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Honestly this made my day. I am seriously considering starting a Good News ONLY website...where the ONLY things reported are about the good things that are happening in our world. SO very tired of hearing about misery and grief and disasters. Our world is NOT that bad I know! thanks for sharing!

SallyO'Sews
May 17th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Love this - thanks for sharing it, Beth!

SallyO'Sews
May 17th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Honestly this made my day. I am seriously considering starting a Good News ONLY website...where the ONLY things reported are about the good things that are happening in our world. SO very tired of hearing about misery and grief and disasters. Our world is NOT that bad I know! thanks for sharing!

Sign me up!!

alliek
May 17th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Happy for you. My DD had a similar experience with movers. They went the "extra" yard to help her move. They were wonderful young men. They made a stressful experience almost pleasant. Many blessings that your home remains safe and sound now.

source of joy
May 17th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Thanks for sharing this nice story...I needed to hear it today.