PDA

View Full Version : We're ENGAGED!!

kensington
May 16th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Well, we aren't, but our beloved Son is. This past week after graduating from College he and his girlfriend took a trip to the Grand Canyon... Her gift to him for graduation. They also rafted the Royal Gorge... and climbed high peaks.

He wanted an adventure for Graduation! Well, at the top of one climb... on a ledge... he decided it was time to jump off into the biggest adventure of them all. He asked her to marry him!! Woot! We love her... she is a little spitfire, with humor and inner beauty that just makes you love her from day one. She is perfect for him. He has done well. She will match him and go with him in life like two puzzle pieces. I am really happy to announce my son is engaged to be married and we are going to be having a Wedding! I will soon start one of the most important quilts of my life!

Dollyquilts
May 16th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Glad you're pleased with his choice because if son ain't happy, mama ain't happy. They sound perfect together.

tsladaritz
May 16th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Congrats! So fun to see them grow up and take the next big step!

Simply Quilting
May 16th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Congratulations!!!

cv quilter
May 16th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Congratulations to all involved. What a wonderful way to propose. It's always a good thing when you love the choices your children make, and it sounds like your son is going to be very happy. Get busy on that quilt!

mischiefkat
May 16th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Well, today is the day for great news 1st Blondie's new gb, your son's engagement. We still have about 6 hours to go in my time zone. Kathy

kensington
May 16th, 2016, 07:05 PM
It's been raining here for days. But, I think in June when the weather is nice and the Welcome Center at M* opens back up.. I'll take her (fiance) up to see a trunk show... look at all the shops and pick fabrics and a pattern for their Wedding Quilt! We can do lunch at the Blue Sage and hopefully, she can meet Jenny. Perhaps, all things will come together and she will desire to become a quilter too!

Connie Jo
May 16th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Congratulations. Glad everyone is happy.

jjkaiser
May 16th, 2016, 07:11 PM
That's wonderful. Congratulations!! And that is a beautiful setting for a wedding proposal. I take it she said Yes??!!!!

MayinJerset
May 16th, 2016, 07:23 PM
What Good News, Congrats to the grads and their engagement.

Suzette
May 16th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Congrats all the way around! What a great place for a proposal - so beautiful, majestic and memorable.

Navy Wife
May 16th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Wonderful news. My prayers for a long and happy life together.

stitching woman
May 16th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Wonderful news Congratulations

sewbizzy
May 16th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Congratulations to your son and his gal....congrats to your whole family!!
I love the picture...WOW!

alliek
May 16th, 2016, 08:54 PM
LOVELY. Congratulations! Now pick out the wedding quilt design and fabric.

snippet
May 16th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Wow, what a spectacular engagement photo! Congratulations to everyone!

Angela J
May 16th, 2016, 11:43 PM
That was a Grand proposal! The picture is breathtaking. Congratulations to your whole family and your soon to be DIL.

auntiemern
May 16th, 2016, 11:54 PM
Congrats on the impending wedding. I know you will love her like your own. Can't wait to see what quilt you decide to make them.

stationarymom
May 17th, 2016, 01:44 AM
Congratulations! You must be so happy for them ,I wish them all the best.

kensington
May 17th, 2016, 03:13 AM
Thank you for all of the kind words! It's very exciting and she is ready to start planning too! This will be fun!

Monique
May 17th, 2016, 07:31 AM
That is wonderful, congratulations.

amartin24
May 17th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Congratulations! Such a happy time and a beautiful setting for a proposal. Happy for you too as you see your son make a great decision. Yes, you will have to pull her over to the quilting side!

WendyI
May 17th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Congratulations!! How exciting!

SallyO'Sews
May 17th, 2016, 11:51 AM
So very happy for all of you!! Lots of quilty hugs and blessings to you all.
~ Sally \0/

rebeccas-sewing
May 17th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Exciting times! It's always fun anticipating an upcoming wedding, especially as a guest and not a planner. hahaha

GuitarGramma
May 17th, 2016, 03:13 PM
How wonderful. I'm so happy for you and your family!

kensington
May 17th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Exciting times! It's always fun anticipating an upcoming wedding, especially as a guest and not a planner. hahaha

Not so much... LOL. She has invited me to plan the wedding with she and her mother. They think they may want to have it here, in our back yard. We live in the country and it's as lovely as any wedding venue they have seen. She wants an outdoor wedding. I think we can pull it off!

Andrea F
May 18th, 2016, 12:45 AM
Such happy news! Congratulations to all of you!