PDA

View Full Version : Monday a sick day for me

Monique
May 16th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Yup really sick this morning. Started with a cough, stuffy nose came, today body aches and chills. I think I have flu/cold combination. Not liking this one little bit. I want my mommie!!!!

I did have a busy weekend. I went to my brother's Friday and helped set up for the garage sale. I stayed until about noon on Saturday. We had a birthday party to attend Saturday night. Yesterday I did a lot of nothing and it looks like today will be more of nothing but rest. I have to work Friday so hopefully I will be better by then.

I would like to know what the heck Mother Nature is up to. It was beautiful Friday, turned cooler Saturday, had flurries yesterday and today not much better. No wonder I'm sick.

Have a great day everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 16th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Monique, so sorry you are sick! Rest, drink fluids snuggle under a warm quilt! And feel better soon!

I started on a costuming project this weekend. My costuming colleague and I are going to costume the throngs cast in Inherit The Wind. It is set in 1925, and she is a genius at building costumes for very specific times in history. We spent the weekend gathering fabrics, patterns and ideas for dresses for the ladies in the show, of which there are 18. We're building basic dresses for each and will pull some skirt/blouse combos for a second costume. We have access to several large costume collections, including our own, so we will pull things for the many men in this show. We need to be done with this by June 3.

Our inspiration pictures

Knocked out 5 of 18 yesterday! Tracey is the cutting out genius, I'm the production sewer.

Ginny B
May 16th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Good morning and Happy Monday everyone.

We had a good weekend. Lots of sewing and dinner with friends on Saturday night, babysitting for our 2 year old gs yesterday and then stayed for dinner. I did get in a bunch of sewing and made two sets of placemats using Jenny's method for 45* angles on the border (the one she did in the tutorial for the baby blanket ).

Monique, so sorry you are feeling so sick. :( Take care of yourself; get lots of rest and I hope you feel better soon.

Mother Nature sure is playing with us isn't she. Quite chilly out there today. Time to get this day moving along. Have a great one everybody.

peggiep
May 16th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Morning everyone......Monique, even though we didn't get to meet there, I think we both got some sort of bug at the Ottawa Quilt Show. Since Wed., I have had a nasty cold and feel like my head is about 10 sizes bigger than normal. My nose is runny, my eyes are runny, my chest is congested and I just want to sit on the couch under a blanket, cuddled up with my cats!

However, life goes on and today I must finish my Secret Santa project for May, and do some much needed housecleaning and purging of stuff. Since the weather is not the least like spring, it will be a good day for staying inside without any guilty feelings for neglecting the flower beds (again).

Have a wonderful day, everyone no matter what you get up to.

Peggiep

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 16th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Hi monique and everyone in the forum, sorry about your flu, hopefully just be one day and tomorrow´re again ready to make everyday life, it seems that your weekend has been busy,and yes, the nature is a little crazy because even unclear whether this winter or spring but in my country we have a saying "Until forty May not take off the coat" and wanted to say that until june 10 should not be here uncover. We are the same because after a few hours of precious sun goes down a shower that wets everyone and so was the weekend, and I took advantage of the afternoon to sew a little. monique that gets well soon and everyone forum sonrisas and prayers

Bubby
May 16th, 2016, 08:22 AM
Morning Everyone,

Monique, sorry you're under the weather. I like to put a quilt in the dryer to warm it up and then roll up in it. It's like a warm hug.

Yesterday we made a flying trip to Springfield so I could shop at Sam's Club. I saved $50 on four bottles of vitamins, so it was worth the trip. Of course I bought a huge cart loaded to overflowing. Their meat is really good but you have to buy family packs, so when we got home I repackaged meat for about an hour. We won't go back again until Fall.

Jean, you have a dynamic sewing partner. That's quite a deadline, but I know you can do it. BTW, I used the scottie bag you made me when we went to Springfield and at least 4 people asked where I got it. You're a legend in Springfield!

It's supposed to rain here all week. I see lots of muddy little scottie paws in my future.

Wishing everyone a stellar Monday....with Hugs, of course.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 16th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Jean Sewing Machine I see that you are a dressmaker, I see his beautiful work and I love, besides always willing to help with their good advice, I see you have started another very fun job, but time is a small problem, but should be as nece to do these dress another time and see how our mothers and grandmothers, where I live we do not do costumes for theater, dressed only thing are costumes for parties, but they are simple because young now do not sew much but try hard, and I do traditional dress of my country for my family, because we have village festivals where we dressed in traditional costumas, so I practice a little confection, because stop working for companies. Well I wish to congratulate for his magnificent work

MRoy
May 16th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Good Morning! Monique and Peggiep, I hope you're feeling better soon. It's chilly here but it's supposed to get warmer as the week progresses...and rain. I've got my porch ferns and container flowers bought and ready to put out this afternoon. I do little flower gardening so it won't take long.

DH and I visited the traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall yesterday. It was on display in a town about an hour from us. DH is a history buff and we both had friends/family members who served in Vietnam. It was sobering seeing the 54,000+ names of those who died fighting in that war. I heard a veteran say that another veteran rode his motorcycle to see the wall, then he broke down and couldn't get off his bike and walk up to it after he saw it. So sad.

Today is not scheduled so far...and may remain that way. Have a great day everyone!

Lyndaj
May 16th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Good morning folks. Well, it's sunny here. However, like Monique, yesterday looked and felt like fall. Had two short (10 minute or so) boughts of driving wet snow in the afternoon. Bizarre.

I made a lot of progress yesterday on my quilts that have to be out the door by Friday.

On another note, does anyone know of a YouTube video on how to make Sweetpea Pods by Lazy Girl Designs. I have looked quite a lot, but not found anything on how to construct them. I really want to include two (one for mom and one for her daughter) in my package for the Fort McMurray family I am making quilts for. Appreciate any help.

Have a great day everyone.

mischiefkat
May 16th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Good Morning All,
It is warm here. Don't know what's in store for us weather wise today, probably hot and humid. We will take anybody's rain that wants to give it up....very dry here. Hurricane season will be here in a few weeks....not my favorite. Kind of like some of you northerns feel about winter.
Today is the last day of catechism till next Sept. Sister has a party planned. She has asked for volunteers to help at the nursing home, getting residents to&fro Mass on Thursday. I'm thinking about doing it,but also thinking about finishing cleaning out the sewing room,and other messes I have. Just kicking back and taking it easy.
Sorry to hear that Monique and Peggy aren't feeling well.
Off to the wash into the drier. Everyone have a Good Day. Prayers &Hugs to all. Kathy

MayinJerset
May 16th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Glad I didn't put all my heavy sweatshirt tops and jackets away as they have been needed the past few days of chilly weather. The cold and rain has kept me from finishing the big flower pots by the front door - just 3 plants left to pot. Trying something new as these 3 are succulents instead of annual flowers. They should look good together in one pot as they are of different heights. That's about the amount of my outdoor gardening these days. Indoors I removed the spent flowers from my Mother's Day bouquets and re-arranged them, now have one tall vase and 2 smaller ones and they look so nice grouped together. Miss having my camera as I would have taken a photo of them to share with everyone.

Monique and Peggy, Rest and treat your colds and hope you're feeling better soon.
Jean, What a chore you and your costume partner have - would love to see the cast dressed in your creations.
Pat, Your trip to Sam's was well worth it. Myrna, We keep putting off visiting the Memorial in our area, lucky for us we didn't lose any family members but DH's brother was wounded badly twice.
Time to finish my lollygagging and get our day beginning.

Grandma Nan
May 16th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Good morning all- it is a very weird Spring. Quite cool again today. Who am I kidding, it is cold.

Monique and Peggie I hope you are both feeling better soon. I know I am suffering from allergies right now but they are more annoying (running eyes and nose and feeling congested) and I don't really feel sick.

Jean those costumes are going to be beautiful- the 20's were such a wonderful time for clothes and fashion-I love that style. You can take inspiration from the later seasons of Downton Abbey and Mr. Selfridge, both such excellent productions.

My day is sort of unplanned today, I am planning on sewing and I need to cut the grass. The grass doesn't take too long- probably an hour at most. Then I "borrowed" my dil's slow cooker yesterday so I could make dinner for her and the boys because my son is away for work and I know it is difficult with 3 active boys when there is only one parent around. I am going to make the Crock Pot Lasagna and take it over to their house this afternoon so dinner will be ready when she arrives home tonight. I love that recipe. I picked up some garlic bread and I have fixins' here for a salad. I am making crock pot hamburger soup for us which always does us for a few meals during the week.

Tomorrow is our Guild meeting. We have the actual meeting in the evening but the doors open at noon for us to sew. Usually we just sew our own things but right now we are starting to prep things for sale in the boutique for our Quilt Show next year. It is always a fun day and I like getting to know lots of other people in the guild.

So all in all, it will be a fairly busy day and I will not have too much idle time which is a very good thing- lol, I get in trouble when I have too much time on my hands.

Take care everyone.

dwil23
May 16th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Good Morning, all!

It is a beautiful day here so far - but will be way tooooo hot today, and even worse the rest of the week. Rain is coming, too, so muggy and humid weather is here to stay.

DD and I have errands to run and DIL is having a hard time with Sweet Sawyer (he is 8 mos already) and not wanting to sleep for more than 20 -30 minutes at a time and wants to be held the rest of the time. So, Grammie and Auntie Steph are going to pick him up and get him out of the house for a few hours so Mom can work (she works from home) or take a nap, whatever comes first.

Yesterday was youngest DS 19th Birthday. We celebrated with family and friends last night. I had 12 for Prime Rib dinner here. My baby is 19 - I feel so old.

Monique and Peggie, hope you are both feeling better soon!

Have a Blessed Day everyone.....

irishrn
May 16th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Morning all..... Long time since I've been here. Hope all are well and those with cold/flu feel better soon!

Sometime in early April I was apparently bitten by a tick on my upper back. (Not a place I could easily see)
Saw dermatologist and area was infected... Culture was staph but thankfully not MRSA. I started treatment with doxycycline and have just started to feel better recently. The fatigue and muscle pain was just like the flu. Needless to say there were a few weeks of doing only the daily basics! DH seemed to grasp that I was not at my best so he was somewhat cooperative thru the day. We both took a lot of naps!!
Today is one of those rare days where he has slept late.... But I hear him stirring in bed so he'll be up soon!

So hugs all. Feel better! Sunny skies!

sewbizzy
May 16th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Monique, I hope you feel better very soon...

Jean, I can't wait to see the pictures of your finished products...you are amazing!

I am off to get my hair done this morning and got a late start...I have a nephew getting married today...he just finished training in the Army to be a helicopter pilot...he is on leave and his girlfriend will be graduating from high school in June...they are so young and so in love....we realized it was my MIL and FIL's wedding day also...it will be a nice remembrance for them...

Simply Quilting
May 16th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Good morning! I hope those of you who are not feeling well get better soon. Jean what a fun time period of costumes to do.

It cold here today. Yesterday we had a nephew's graduation to attend and the weather was really nice so the children were able to play outside part of the afternoon. The ceremony was nice and was only 35 minutes long which was great because it was hot in the gym.

Just the usual Monday activities planned around here.

Have a great day everyone :)

RockinLou
May 16th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Monique, feel better!! (((HUGS)))

JCY
May 16th, 2016, 01:57 PM
A dark, cloudy, day here, with intermittent rain. It was only 47 this a.m. At least no snow here, but snow predicted for the higher elevations. I've been out for a follow-up ortho. appt. about my shoulder. He was pleased with my progress & said I didn't need to come back. I've completed all 6 of my therapy treatments. Now I need to keep doing my exercises, at least 3 times a week, probably indefinitely, but for sure for 2 more months.

I hope those who are sick start feeling better soon. I've just been dragging a bit -- low energy, & lacking motivation to get some needed things done. I checked out my drug book about the reflux med I was taking. It said it could cause malaise as well as vertigo. I quit taking that. I'd had an episode of vertigo several days prior & had to lie down in the recliner till it passed. It might partly have been low blood sugar as well as some generic Sudafed I took. Thank goodness, no repeat episodes. But I still don't have my normal energy level. Maybe a sunny day would help?

bubba
May 16th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Start taking Mucinex and sucking on Halls!! Don't forget the Vicks on the bottom of your feet when you go to bed topped off with a warm pair of socks!

Thanks for reminding me I have to take my allergy pill!