PDA

View Full Version : Here comes Friday

Blondie
December 2nd, 2011, 08:43 AM

Happy Day everyone; I climbed back in bed when Luscious left and now I am running super duper late.
Will try to check in later.
Prayers for the special friends on this forum; I thank each of you for your friendship.

MRoy
December 2nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
Good morning and TGIF! I hope everyone has a good day.

DCM
December 2nd, 2011, 08:59 AM
TGIF! Can't wait to get back to my Christmas present projects this weekend. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Beakkmom
December 2nd, 2011, 09:24 AM
Good morning quilting sisters! We Iowans had a bit of snow yesterday, fortunately the 'big snow' will hold off until tomorrow. This morning my youngest DD and I are heading to Oklahoma so we can spend time with my oldest DD and her hub. I have a few Christmas gifts tucked in my bag, and am taking some knitting and embroidery to work on while my DD takes her turn driving.

Blessings to all!

Lin
:)

Monique
December 2nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
Good morning. I have been up since 4 am. Hubby left for his new job. The weather sucks. SNOWING!!!! Yuck. I need to go get groceries this morning sometime. Have to drive about 45 min to get there. We'll see how the weather holds out.
It could end up being a sewing day after all.

Happy Friday all.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
December 2nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Hello and GOOD MORNING to ALL!
Finally got all Christmas decorations up yesterday so no sewing for me yesterday!
I'm with Monique have errands and groceries to buy today! (ugh) But I only have 30 min to drive! It was only freezing last night so no snow to keep me from the store! (rats)
Hope you all have a great weekend. Mine will be Very, Very busy as only son will be in that drama presentation 3 times over the weekend and again on Monday!
Hugs my friends praying for you all!

meemeecyn
December 2nd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Good morning, everyone. Love your graphic, Blondie. She reminds me of your avatar picture!

Hope to get some Christmas stuff accomplished today. Going to have our holiday gathering with our best friends next weekend and am trying to come up with simple and easy buffet ideas. Haven't started decorating yet but will keep that simple, too.

Prayers for all our quilting sisters who need them. One day at a time....sometimes it is one minute at a time.

Cynthia

Aprilisslowlylearntoquilt
December 2nd, 2011, 10:50 AM
Well, I hope to get some decorating done today, I'm not feeling well, and I don't have time to be sick lol, I pretty much stayed in bed yesterday, but i really don't feel like that today, so far! It was 39 degrees yesterday morning, and 46 here this morning, way too cold for me. I start work at 5pm today and work through till 8am Monday, so I hope for a calm weekend, you just never know. Hope you ladies have a wonderful day..

stitching woman
December 2nd, 2011, 11:08 AM
Good Morning Quilty Friend,
Put up a few decoration yesterday and will be working on a binding today. Tonight is our Friday night sew group get together.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Sandy Navas
December 2nd, 2011, 12:17 PM
Hi, quickly sending love and prayers here. Got three girls coming this afternoon and have to save my strength. I can hardly keep up with them. Love to all!!

toggpine
December 2nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
Morning Everybody!

The cold medicine is catching up with me. I went to bed about 3 and was up at 7. I really tried to go back to sleep, but my mind is buzzing. Arrgh!
So, I'll head out and get the morning chores done on the farm, run through a shower, squeeze in a bit of cutting/sewing, and get the youngster ready to go see Daddy at work. I have a meeting near his shop and he'll have his 40 hours in at about 10 or 11 this morning. So I'll meet up with him and drop her off at about 2. He can get out of work early and beat the traffic home, and she gets to ride in the truck with Dad, who now can drive in the carpool lane. Whoo Hoo!

Thanks for all of the well wishes on my monster cold. It feels like it is thinking about leaving. Not as quickly as I would like, but I guess as long as it goes, I'll be happy.

It cold and foggy out this morning and the rumor was we are supposed to be getting some rain. I hope it is gone by Sunday. We are supposed to be putting up Christmas lights at Mom's. (My husband hates putting up lights.) Mom's house gets them, but usually ours misses them because he's had his fill of tangled wires and faulty bulbs by the time we get home from her place. It sounds like everybody is getting or has gotten a dose of some winter weather. You all be careful and take care!
Cathy

Claire Hallman
December 2nd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Good morning, everyone. Going to have our holiday gathering with our best friends next weekend and am trying to come up with simple and easy buffet ideas.
Cynthia

Great buffet food: one bag frozen Italian meatballs baked by package instructions, while meatballs are baking, put a small jar grape jelly and an equal amount of ketchup in crock pot, on high, and stir until well blended then add meatballs and cook on low for an hour or longer. This stays nice and hot in the crock pot for quite a while on the table and always gets rave reviews.

quilter.martha
December 2nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hello all:

My first day at home all week, and what do I do? Clean house and study for another tax course I'm teaching tomorrow! Oh well, there is a bright side--I'm leaving in about an hour to pick up my Christmas tree skirt I sent out to be quilted. That I am looking forward to seeing. My first project I've ever paid to have quilted. I'll post a pic when I get the binding on.

Loonwatcher
December 2nd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Finally out of work. Hope to get allot of sewing done this weekend. but I must go to aqua class as I completely forgot to go last week - being so wrapped up in getting the rock room painted. I did go to play racquetball yesterday (haven't played since spring) and survived. got to keep going.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Prayers to my quilty friends and there families who need it.

Hugs,

bakermom
December 2nd, 2011, 07:06 PM
I'm finally here. Dh left early this a.m.for a hunting trip so I spent most of the day christmas shopping. We've cut back a lot the last couple years( we've always been frugal with gifts for the kids) but i was able to get most of it done well within my budget. I still have to get a gift for the youngest two girls then i'm done. we only do immediate family, the extended family gets homemade(food) type gifts. I met up with DIL and GD later and helped her pick out a new cutting mat and rotary cutter.